Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 02-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV announcement: USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Card

After the success of our July 2007 efforts, most of our members were able to file EAD and AP and get its benefits. However there were several problems faced due to EAD and AP being only for 1 year. Immigration voice worked hard after2007 to get 1 year EAD changed to a 2 Year EAD in 2008. After this success we have been pushing USCIS to issue a 2 year AP and if possible have a combined EAD AP document for 2 years. There have been several times USCIS has announced its intentions on moving forward with this idea. However this had been delayed all this while. We are happy that USCIS has finally made a public announcement for it. Immigrationvoice donors already know about this. But now we are making this information public.

============
USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Card for Adjustment of Status Applicants

Feb. 11, 2011

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it is now issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card for certain applicants filing an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. This new card represents a significant improvement from the current practice of issuing paper Advance Parole documents.

The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document. The new card is also more secure and more durable than the current paper Advance Parole document.

An applicant may receive this card when he or she files an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.

As with the current Advance Parole document, obtaining a combined Advance Parole and employment authorization card allows an applicant for adjustment of status to travel abroad and return to the U.S. without abandoning the pending adjustment application. Upon returning to the U.S., the individual who travels with the card must present the card to request parole through the port-of-entry. The decision to parole the individual is made at the port-of-entry. Individuals who have been unlawfully present in the U.S. and subsequently depart and seek re-entry through a grant of parole may be inadmissible and ineligible to adjust their status.

For more information about the EAD and Advance Parole card, see the related Questions and Answers. For more information on USCIS and its programs, visit USCIS Home Page.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 02-11-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

7 out of 7 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of SDdesi has much to be proud of
Default Excellent.....

Thanks to all IV members to push this through. This will definitely help many of us.

I hope this means that dual AP/EAD have the same validity of 1 yr or 2 yr when they are issued.

Old 02-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats and thanks to IV team and Pappu for their giant effort!!!!!!!!!!!!
It is great help for immigration community especially EB3 folks…

Old 02-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Thanks sunny1000

thanks sunny1000 for this good find

thx for this link. this has Q&A too..

Q7. What if I already have an EAD or an Advance Parole document?
A7. If your Advance Parole document and EAD card have different expiration dates, you may only receive this card if both documents have less than 120 days of validity left, or if the EAD has less than 120 days of validity left and the Advance Parole document is for a single entry only. If you decide to file for this card by filing Forms I-765 and I-131 simultaneously, do not apply more than 120 days before your current EAD expires. The validity period for the EAD and Advance Parole card will begin on the date of the adjudication of the Forms I-765 and I-131.

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=34465

i think CIS have been prepping for this for a while. they started adding machine readable unique code (similar to the one on H1 VISA stamp ) on EAD cards, coz that's a must to be used as an ID for travel

Last edited by maddipati1; 02-11-2011 at 08:37 PM.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Any relief for people who didnt get the chance to file I485?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
me too

Great work IV either way!

Old 02-11-2011, 08:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute forever_waiting has a reputation beyond repute

Sure..as soon as all (or at least majority) of those people wake up and ask for some relief, IV-core might start the public action item to ask for I485 filing without current PD.
Mostly, what will happen is folks will keep coming back complaining how there is no filing 485 filing relief not realizing their inaction is the reason there is no relief.

Great work by IV on getting this EAD/AP fix. Such successes keep us motivated and hopeful
Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post

Old 02-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by tonyHK12; 02-14-2011 at 08:47 AM. Reason: deleting

Old 02-11-2011, 09:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Kudos to IV Team

These successes help to keep us moving forward !
To contribute, please click here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/misc.php?do=donate

https://twitter.com/
https://www.facebook.com/
http://immigrationvoice.org/wiki/ind...282011-2012%29

Got Greened in October 2013.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of boston_gc has much to be proud of
Default What if you apply only AP?

I think this is great news!

However, I don't get what happens for someone who applies only for AP (and not EAD). In my case, I already have H1 for work but to avoid any risk associated with H1 B stamping, I want to apply for AP. Will I get 2 year AP as well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
After the success of our July 2007 efforts, most of our members were able to file EAD and AP and get its benefits. However there were several problems faced due to EAD and AP being only for 1 year. Immigration voice worked hard after2007 to get 1 year EAD changed to a 2 Year EAD in 2008. After this success we have been pushing USCIS to issue a 2 year AP and if possible have a combined EAD AP document for 2 years. There have been several times USCIS has announced its intentions on moving forward with this idea. However this had been delayed all this while. We are happy that USCIS has finally made a public announcement for it. Immigrationvoice donors already know about this. But now we are making this information public.

============
USCIS to Issue Employment Authorization and Advance Parole Card for Adjustment of Status Applicants

Feb. 11, 2011

WASHINGTON—U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) today announced that it is now issuing employment and travel authorization on a single card for certain applicants filing an Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Form I-485. This new card represents a significant improvement from the current practice of issuing paper Advance Parole documents.

The card looks similar to the current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) but will include text that reads, “Serves as I-512 Advance Parole.” A card with this text will serve as both an employment authorization and Advance Parole document. The new card is also more secure and more durable than the current paper Advance Parole document.

An applicant may receive this card when he or she files an Application for Employment Authorization, Form I-765, and an Application for Travel Document, Form I-131, concurrently with or after filing Form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.

As with the current Advance Parole document, obtaining a combined Advance Parole and employment authorization card allows an applicant for adjustment of status to travel abroad and return to the U.S. without abandoning the pending adjustment application. Upon returning to the U.S., the individual who travels with the card must present the card to request parole through the port-of-entry. The decision to parole the individual is made at the port-of-entry. Individuals who have been unlawfully present in the U.S. and subsequently depart and seek re-entry through a grant of parole may be inadmissible and ineligible to adjust their status.

For more information about the EAD and Advance Parole card, see the related Questions and Answers. For more information on USCIS and its programs, visit USCIS Home Page.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ddanait will become famous soon enough ddanait will become famous soon enough
Default Unable to access Donor Forum

Hi , Dunno if this the place for this question, I am quite new to IV and have donated $50 so far, but I am not able to access the donor forum. Can anybody help me with this? or what needs to be done for the same.

Thx
DD
Donated $50
$25/month via paypal
Will be participating in Advocacy day at DC

Old 02-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2012
Compare
sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute sandy_anand has a reputation beyond repute

I
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanait View Post
Hi , Dunno if this the place for this question, I am quite new to IV and have donated $50 so far, but I am not able to access the donor forum. Can anybody help me with this? or what needs to be done for the same.

Thx
DD
Please send an email to admin Starsun with details of the transaction.
I-140 Applied 07/25/2008 (Texas)
I-140 RFE Date 01/15/2009
I-140 Approved 05/15/2009
Filed I-485 on 01/06/2012
Waiting for GC
Signed up for monthly contributions

Old 02-12-2011, 03:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future whiteStallion has a brilliant future
Thumbs up

Great job IV/Pappu...it keeps us motivated !

Old 02-12-2011, 06:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_gc View Post
I think this is great news!

However, I don't get what happens for someone who applies only for AP (and not EAD). In my case, I already have H1 for work but to avoid any risk associated with H1 B stamping, I want to apply for AP. Will I get 2 year AP as well?
Q8. Will USCIS still issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents?
A8. Yes. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and Advance Parole documents as warranted....

Go to this below link for detailed Q&A (I posted this yesterday but the thread got deleted):

http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=34465

On a lighter note, a Yankees fan replying to a Sox fan...now that is a first...LOL

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Last edited by sunny1000; 02-12-2011 at 11:22 PM.

Old 02-13-2011, 01:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good Job IV

Good job IV.

What is the fee structure going to look like? Fee of EAD + Fee of AP or would it be any cheaper.