Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 07-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jk333 is on a distinguished road
Default We will/should do all this once date is finalized.

Excellent points dvsnm.

Once the date, time, and agenda are fixed, we'll hit the roads.
We can also come out with a common flier.

Adding to this:
* Each major company in the bay area must have their own internal
network/alias. They can spread the word within and pool in more support
for this.

-JK

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsnm
Guys I am looking at this thread for the first time today and want to put some comments:

1) 3 people were making hunger strike at SJSU over the last weekend for DREAM act and we come to know about it thru 1510 AM, KLIVE in Bay Area.

2) Immigration Voice members are planning to make a rally in SJ and we need to read it in the forum of (only) their website.

3) We are hungry about media coverage and want utmost attention of the congressmen about our issues.

BUT, you know what we are missing?:

1) No postings on the windows of those Bharat Bajars and Cash N Carrys and Kumuds. Can't the i-phone designers and router gurus make Ashas and Abhijeets invisible with some eye catching posters?

2) No postings on those other popular websites like murthy.com, immigration-law.com, bata.org etc. Did they say no for this?

3) No usage of the library notice boards.

4) No usage of SMS. Isn't it much cheaper than making contributions to the IV repeatedly?

I hope to see all these channels being utilized fully for July 14/21 march in Bay Area before we talk about CNNs and WPs.

Once the streets of SJ are hit with 1000+ people, those NBCs and CNNs and SJMs will come to us rather than we going to them.

As for myself, I am in whenever the event takes place and will try to bring at least 5 of my friends to the march.

P.S.: This is not an effort to criticize anyone here but just an attempt to help the organizers in whatever way I can.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts Munna Bhai is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up Wonderful, convey my thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_sufferer

This small group did wonderful job, convey my thanks. This should be a morale booster for everyone of us.

Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good ideas - help me with this

Quote:
1) No postings on the windows of those Bharat Bajars and Cash N Carrys and Kumuds. Can't the i-phone designers and router gurus make Ashas and Abhijeets invisible with some eye catching posters?

This march was organised by a Chinese member and we didn't get much notice. We have decided to do this on a bigger scale and in a more organized manner on the 14th July

I like your ideas, Can you and your friends help me with this. Please PM me your Ph # and we can coordinate today.
Please seee response above

Old 07-08-2007, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default More the Merrier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster2007
I agree. I think each of us should commit to getting AT LEAST 5 more volunteers for the protest in San Jose. This could be family/friends/neighbors etc. We also need a poll to track how many will show up on the 14th.
---
I just heard from our Chinese member. They are getting a huge response for this 14th July demonstration. We need more awareness about this event among our members. Please spread the word.

The place and time is:

200 E Santa Clara St
San Jose

When: From Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:00 am to 2:30 pm

Last edited by gsc999; 07-08-2007 at 04:54 PM.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
---
I just heard from our Chinese member. They are getting a huge response for this 14th July demonstration. We need more awareness about this event among our members. Please spread the word.

The place and time is:

200 E Santa Clara St
San Jose

When: From Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:00 am to 2:30 pm
Bay Area members - please join the Northern California Bay Area Chapter. Details in sig

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bang on target!

Quote:
No postings on the windows of those Bharat Bajars and Cash N Carrys and Kumuds. Can't the i-phone designers and router gurus make Ashas and Abhijeets invisible with some eye catching posters?
Something like this would certainly spread the word in at least the indian/asian community.
Also, PERSONALLY send out emails to linkedln contacts/ various yahoogroups/alumni groups you are part of. I just did that.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
arumalla is on a distinguished road

can some one send me the updated notice page link, so I can post some threads and start linking to that page in all the tech and news forums I know of... so that we can get more awareness of this issue....

Thanks
Chandra Arumalla

Old 07-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Default Volunteers plz PM me your contact details

Hi,

I have thrown a challenge to IV DC chapter about who will get a bigger gathering on 07/14, San Jose or D.C.

Our Chinese friends are also posting this at Chinese grocery store, on websites and also at local news forums.

I need volunteers in bay area! Please send me a PM with your e-mail address, if possible phone numbers and a good time to contact so that we can spread the word in Bay area. I already have one volunteer need more.

Old 07-08-2007, 07:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

I was working on DC but so far just received 30 votes..

Like I said I will talk to core members if only we have 1000 members who wants to do it in DC on July 14th.. So many members are online but they don't even want to take a poll.. I don't know what to expect from members..

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
Hi,

I have thrown a challenge to IV DC chapter about who will get a bigger gathering on 07/14, San Jose or D.C.

Our Chinese friends are also posting this at Chinese grocery store, on websites and also at local news forums.

I need volunteers in bay area! Please send me a PM with your e-mail address, if possible phone numbers and a good time to contact so that we can spread the word in Bay area. I already have one volunteer need more.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Default That is a good start

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus

Like I said I will talk to core members if only we have 1000 members who wants to do it in DC on July 14th.. So many members are online but they don't even want to take a poll.. I don't know what to expect from members..
---
That is a good start. We had around 14 people on 07/07 demonstration but it was fun. Thirty is double that. I will keep you posted on what strategy we are following in Bay area. I will also request the Chinese member to post about the local event in DC once we finalize the logistics today evening.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
life99f is on a distinguished road

count me in. 31 so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus

Old 07-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Can you post this on DC thread..

We have so far 46...

Quote:
Originally Posted by life99f
count me in. 31 so far.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute abhijitp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bay Area event

I would like to participate in the Bay Area peaceful protest, and help in any way I can to co-ordinate things.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
doshhar is on a distinguished road

Can we have this event scheduled for major cities in other parts of US? What day are we looking for this rally? (14th July??)

I can gather 100+ people from Chicago..

Old 07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doshhar
Can we have this event scheduled for major cities in other parts of US? What day are we looking for this rally? (14th July??)

I can gather 100+ people from Chicago..

Forget aboit other cities ,Here we are not able to get enough people in DC , which is having a decent community .If you planning to get 100 in chicago , can you make i to DC nbext weekend .