Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 07-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_sufferer is on a distinguished road

As I understand, if we win the lawsuit, they will accept all 485 filed in July, no matter July 2 or 31. But they will process July 2 case first.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
chanduy9 is infamous around these parts
Default Is there any Specific date...

Is there any Specific date, I mean when AILF is filing the case...USCIS is announced they are gonna reject the applications..but did they rejected any single application?? We will come to know after 4 or 5 weeks abt our applications (As per USCIS rep)....I think there must be some time limit to file a case...and we dont have a base to file a case until they reject it.

Finally they dont reject application nor they will accept it...

Guys send flowers with all your comments on JULY 10TH...we may get media and political atten...

this is just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Chandra.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all
Default Will the USCIS cash the checks and then reject I-485 applications?

If the USCIS cashes the checks and then returns the packets (total $1490 in my case), is there any legal recourse to get a refund from them? Since they are pretty much doing whatever they want, this thought just occurred to me.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
delhiguy has a spectacular aura about delhiguy has a spectacular aura about

I dont think they would cash the cheques and send you back the applications(reject), If they reject it , you would get the cheque back..

Correct me if i am wrong.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default After the flower show

maybe you can help with other action items?
you have motivated many folks and we could use help on the contribution fund, media drive, diggs etc

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduy9
Is there any Specific date, I mean when AILF is filing the case...USCIS is announced they are gonna reject the applications..but did they rejected any single application?? We will come to know after 4 or 5 weeks abt our applications (As per USCIS rep)....I think there must be some time limit to file a case...and we dont have a base to file a case until they reject it.

Finally they dont reject application nor they will accept it...

Guys send flowers with all your comments on JULY 10TH...we may get media and political atten...

this is just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
Chandra.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DDLMODES is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm not convinced !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_sufferer
As I understand, if we win the lawsuit, they will accept all 485 filed in July, no matter July 2 or 31. But they will process July 2 case first.
Based on what exactly ??
Nobody here even comes close in identifying which are the eligibility criteria. Everybody hopes for one or the other.

Meanwhile one thing is for sure:

Every application filed after July 2nd, is filed AFTER they closed the doors oficially! How are we in the same class as the people from July 2nd ??? Just because we prepared for filing ??? Isn't that a bit weak in the eyes of the law ?

Old 07-06-2007, 02:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold

All you guys in DENIAL mode. Like Home seller in todays market. take chill pill and enjoy the life (what ever left after fisaco).

Quote:
Originally Posted by map_boiler
If the USCIS cashes the checks and then returns the packets (total $1490 in my case), is there any legal recourse to get a refund from them? Since they are pretty much doing whatever they want, this thought just occurred to me.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:

I don't think they will cash any checks. They know at least not to do that.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

I would not worry much about whether we receive our package back or not. Because If USCIS is "rejecting" then how would you/your lawyer know that it has "rejected" it unless it sends the crap back. So legally USCIS HAS to return /mail back to you otherwise it will face another lawsuite. The real question is How it will reject it? Would it open a package and check for insufficient/improper documents and put a note about it and then reject it OR just put a note of rejection on closed envelope and returned back without opening it? In second case we are absolutely fine as far as second time filing is concerned but guys in first scenario if you really send insufficient documents/improper documents then your case may be screwed permanently for second time filing. Actually people MUST ask about this to their lawyers before jumping into the bandwagon. I have asked and waiting for my lawyer's response.

Last edited by BharatPremi; 07-06-2007 at 02:54 PM.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/11/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
chanduy9 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDLMODES

Based on what exactly ??
Nobody here even comes close in identifying which are the eligibility criteria. Everybody hopes for one or the other.

Meanwhile one thing is for sure:

Every application filed after July 2nd, is filed AFTER they closed the doors oficially! How are we in the same class as the people from July 2nd ??? Just because we prepared for filing ??? Isn't that a bit weak in the eyes of the law ?
Just talked to my lawyer..he said even if we win the case...eligibility is based on the court order...court order may allow every one or only limited people who are in the class action...and in murthy.com they clearly mentioned that, USCIS MAY look at the apllications very closely who are in the class action....who wants that..

Send flowers on JULY 10TH....the count is reaching 100.
just my 2 cents...

Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all

CAdude, possibly you're the person in DENIAL mode. You are free to take the chill pill or any other pill you want (I am not seeking your advice for that purpose anyways). If you have a direct response to the point I made, feel free to respond, otherwise, please don't bother...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADude
All you guys in DENIAL mode. Like Home seller in todays market. take chill pill and enjoy the life (what ever left after fisaco).

Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Well, they knew very well that they need to honor the DOS visa bulletin and accept cases filed in July. What did they do instead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDLMODES
I don't think they will cash any checks. They know at least not to do that.

Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Romania
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Red face Agree !

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduy9
Just talked to my lawyer..he said even if we win the case...eligibility is based on the court order...court order may allow every one or only limited people who are in the class action...and in murthy.com they clearly mentioned that, USCIS MAY look at the apllications very closely who are in the class action....who wants that..

Send flowers on JULY 10TH....the count is reaching 100.
just my 2 cents...

Yeah, who wants that ?????

Old 07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/1900
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold CADude is a splendid one to behold

Don't boil.. map_boiler.

Quote:
CAdude, possibly you're the person in DENIAL mode. You are free to take the chill pill or any other pill you want (I am not seeking your advice for that purpose anyways). If you have a direct response to the point I made, feel free to respond, otherwise, please don't bother...

Old 07-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough sankap is a jewel in the rough
Default July Rejection

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_sufferer
In its note http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...etin2Jul07.pdf, the USCIS clearly says it would reject applications starting 7/2. So, how can it accept July applications--especially when many of them haven't been sent yet?