Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > Action Items for everyone
Click to log in with Facebook
Action Items for everyone Webfaxes, phone campaigns and other directives from core group.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough here4gc is a jewel in the rough
Default How about organizing a fund raiser ?

I was recently invited by a fellow worker, who is spanish ( I am desi ) - to an event organized by CHIRLA - the Los angeles (http://www.chirla.org/) - Colation of Humane Immigrant Rights of Los Angeles. It was a fund raiser - with Fun, a few bigwigs were also present and people were paying $100/person to enter. Although this was a glitzy function with girls in gowns and guys dressed up in party wear..with drinks and lights etc..the gathering was all spanish, and there were many families as well as lot of college kind / working youth were there...

This gave me an idea about IV and how IV is now a known organization, both within the immigrant community and now also in the USCIS as well as with lawmakers and AILA, how about organizing a fund raiser in DC - invite AILA, maybe Rajiv Khanna and maybe someone from the CIS community. It can be a good platform both for IV to make an impact as well as generating funds and interest in what IV is doing.

Maybe have these people spend 10 minutes each on the stage, with some good grub (sponsors can be approached) and maybe light drinks (not sure) - but all in all a nice atmosphere and a forum to help us not fight with USCIS but to make them understand and appreciate our pain.

I know we have done this in college and all, but a 10 minute short play by the Immigrant community (DESIS) - should be fun as well as an eye opener to these guys..

Guys, don't shoot me down..its just my humble suggestion, however if you guys think differently I am fine with it. I just expressed what I felt but it is for everybody to decide.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2008, 01:54 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute santb1975 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Absolutely

As part of Team IV Initiative we have been thinking on professional networking events and fundraising as well. Please let us know if you want to help us out. Better yet please feel free to take this Action Item for IV
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote