Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:01 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Take this Example...there are guys like this also

I know of a very close friend, who came from India, he had started his consulting business(in India)and was a success, a real success.

Due to some real personal problems (nothing to do with his professional abilities) he ended up deeply in debt of about 90 lakh indian rupees( this was 7 years ago). That is when he came here on a Y2k Project

Every single friend/relative of his had washed his hands of him
However he did not loose hope, he came in 2000 on a Y2K project and paid back every single penny of his debts and has now got great plans for his future , not to mention, his relatives who were 'relative' have suddenly returned by his side.

Never once have i seen him depressed , but he was focussed and kept saying this is one country that gives u a chance even when u fail, so long as u have the self beleif....he used to travel 90 miles one way for more than 4 years, but as i said, never a wrinkle of complain on his face....

so there are guys like this also.....

Last edited by HawaldarNaik; 04-26-2008 at 02:03 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2008, 08:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaldarNaik View Post
I know of a very close friend, who came from India, he had started his consulting business(in India)and was a success, a real success.

Due to some real personal problems (nothing to do with his professional abilities) he ended up deeply in debt of about 90 lakh indian rupees( this was 7 years ago). That is when he came here on a Y2k Project

Every single friend/relative of his had washed his hands of him
However he did not loose hope, he came in 2000 on a Y2K project and paid back every single penny of his debts and has now got great plans for his future , not to mention, his relatives who were 'relative' have suddenly returned by his side.

Never once have i seen him depressed , but he was focussed and kept saying this is one country that gives u a chance even when u fail, so long as u have the self beleif....he used to travel 90 miles one way for more than 4 years, but as i said, never a wrinkle of complain on his face....

so there are guys like this also.....
good story ..but small point from me. if you have self belief, confidence then it is not just US but many countries in the world which gives you a chance. US is still the best but it is gradually losing its place. in fact India or china is becoming better ..and ofcourse people will avoid a person who is in debt ..because they want to avoid a situation where by they have to give a personal loan

Old 04-26-2008, 08:58 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of natrajs has much to be proud of
Default Amway in NJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopra View Post
Yes its true that Amway/Quickstar is a cult. Many people ( walmart is their main "fishing" area) have approached me with these.They start very decent, introduce to their family etc. after that they will take my cell number and will call me. First call is easy, just inquring about your's and your family's health and some native news. Second call is difficult, where they explain the amway concept. I have found a way to get rid of nthese "cults". Just ask the amway guy how much normally i can make in this business ? he will say upto 5000$ per month normally but sky is the limit. I say to him 5000$ is too less, and another company "ABC Internet business company" people are making 10000$ with their business and give the ABC guys phone number to them. Rest is assured, they will stop calling you
I had the same issue in NJ ( Amway talking about e-business) and i told them that i am part M(mobile)-Commerce. Thats it I had never seen them again

Old 04-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by natrajs View Post
I had the same issue in NJ ( Amway talking about e-business) and i told them that i am part M(mobile)-Commerce. Thats it I had never seen them again
Lot of people think IV also like Ammway or Quickstar

Old 04-26-2008, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dard-E-Disco View Post
Originally Posted by NKR
I just don't get it, why do you start each word in upper case letters?.

gOOD oBESERVATION
This is what happens, when the world turns upside down, some guys get into depression.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manning_fanz is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

NKR - That's Just To Keep Stupid People Like You Wondering Why! I am Sure You Must Be Thinking About It All Day And Night! Instead Spare A Thought For The Dead Guy's Parents.

Old 04-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default True

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariner5555 View Post
good story ..but small point from me. if you have self belief, confidence then it is not just US but many countries in the world which gives you a chance. US is still the best but it is gradually losing its place. in fact India or china is becoming better ..and ofcourse people will avoid a person who is in debt ..because they want to avoid a situation where by they have to give a personal loan
True, the problem he had was that in India as u said, no body was willing to give him a chance, forget giving him money. And he did not want money, he wanted faith, somebody who could stand beside him (as i said closest relatives disowned him), and give him the courage give him the feeling that 'he could do it '.
That is when a leading US consulting company, interviewed him, and was impressed by his leadership skills and called him to the USA as a team lead on a Y2k Project.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2007
Compare
wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all wellwisher02 is a name known to all
Default Quickstar is financial Quicksand

Quote:
Originally Posted by venetian View Post
Well Put,

I also live in Bay Area, I stopped smiling at smiling Indians because of quickstar fear.

Our experience with few of my friends are also similar lines, they tried all their tricks to make us members, after repeated refusals they say that we are losers but in fact they are the losers, losing friends day by day.
-------
Very true.
I was almost a victim of Quickstar too. I too become skeptical when new desi acquaintances call me over for 'tea' or 'lunch' to discuss a 'business proposal'.
Members of QuickStar brainwash people into saying 'Doctors, scientists, IT professionals have all joined Quickstar and will soon retire from their professional field after making 'quick' money thru Quickstar.

Quickstar is like quicksand for gullible people -- this is purely my opinion.

Old 04-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute NKR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning_fanz View Post
NKR - That's Just To Keep Stupid People Like You Wondering Why! I am Sure You Must Be Thinking About It All Day And Night! Instead Spare A Thought For The Dead Guy's Parents.
Chill Dude. Dont Get Depressed. I Pray To God To Give Strength To The Parents And I Pray That His Soul Rests In Peace.

Nkr

Old 04-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2008
Compare
kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough kurtz_wolfgang is a jewel in the rough
Talking A great way to introduce yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellwisher02 View Post
-------
Very true.
I was almost a victim of Quickstar too. I too become skeptical when new desi acquaintances call me over for 'tea' or 'lunch' to discuss a 'business proposal'.
Members of QuickStar brainwash people into saying 'Doctors, scientists, IT professionals have all joined Quickstar and will soon retire from their professional field after making 'quick' money thru Quickstar.

Quickstar is like quicksand for gullible people -- this is purely my opinion.
Well when we introduce ourselves to others, even they might think that we are Amway/Quickstar guys. I now introduce myself in a different way....Hello!! How are you? I m new to this area and intend to meet new people and NO!! I'M NOT AN AMWAY/Network Marketing guy..... that puts people to ease and clarifies that neither parties are interested in that (SH)AMWAY.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts pointlesswait is infamous around these parts
Default true

i freak out whenever i see a desi approaching me with a smile.. cause i know....

his mamma told him not to talk to strangers.. so why the f%^& is he smiling at me..;-) ..do i look funny... do i look like a walking donut.. no..hes the amway man/bww and he has a e-commerce business..

this is sad..but i think there are better ways to make friends and maintain dignity..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtz_wolfgang View Post
Well when we introduce ourselves to others, even they might think that we are Amway/Quickstar guys. I now introduce myself in a different way....Hello!! How are you? I m new to this area and intend to meet new people and NO!! I'M NOT AN AMWAY/Network Marketing guy..... that puts people to ease and clarifies that neither parties are interested in that (SH)AMWAY.

Old 04-03-2009, 06:51 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Great to read

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravInd View Post
I can not completely agree on this. I have my own examples.

When I came to US as a student I had full scholarship. I did not need any ones help. Still when ever I had a chance I helped fellow students from India financially like allowing them to stay with me for free, lending money and poviding directions in job search and providing moral support. All of them showed their back to me once they did not need any more. Those I used to meet in the office always tried to pull me back so that he could benefit in all unprofessional means. Those, who were very sucessful in life, I met always tried to act as if they are very superior to me. To speak the truth, those who helped me were all americans. Ok one Indian guy was actually good to me and helped. Ofcourse, I returned his favors by offering a position in my office later.

What I trying to say, even if you try to help others or meet others, do not expect them to return your favors.

Keep those who helped you and ignore those who left you.

Set realistic goals. Do not try to be millionaire over night. "Most" of the people who are facing stress or joblosses are those who expect high salaries with little or no experience or those who go out of their strengths and take up jobs which they can not keep. With over 5 years of full time experience, I am still making between 60k to 70k. I am still satisfied with it

Prepare for the worst.

Have a plan for your career. Do not switch gears abruptly.

Save money and do not use credit card unless you need them obsolutely.

Health: do not change your habits. I know many peers, including women, starting drinking and eating unfamiliar food. Do some Physical excercise? This will improve your work performance as well. Pray god every day and ask for forgiveness for your mistakes and seek help to address your problems.

Social work: Does not matter whether you are making 10k or 100k, provide community service to make your life more meaning full.

Finally be humble and respect others does not matter who they are. I have beening practicing this and trying to improve every day. It helped me a lot.
One should be optimistic and best way to be it is being confident and hard working.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
rp0lol will become famous soon enough rp0lol will become famous soon enough
Default I agree with your thoughts..

I tried to follow the same.........

Quote:
What I trying to say, even if you try to help others or meet others, do not expect them to return your favors.

Keep those who helped you and ignore those who left you.

Set realistic goals. Do not try to be millionaire over night. "Most" of the people who are facing stress or joblosses are those who expect high salaries with little or no experience or those who go out of their strengths and take up jobs which they can not keep.

Prepare for the worst.

Have a plan for your career. Do not switch gears abruptly.

Save money and do not use credit card unless you need them obsolutely.

Health: do not change your habits. I know many peers, including women, starting drinking and eating unfamiliar food. Do some Physical excercise? This will improve your work performance as well. Pray god every day and ask for forgiveness for your mistakes and seek help to address your problems.

Social work: Does not matter whether you are making 10k or 100k, provide community service to make your life more meaning full.

Finally be humble and respect others does not matter who they are. I have beening practicing this and trying to improve every day. It helped me a lot.
I 485: RD July, 2007
I-485: ND Sep, 2007

Encouraged many friends to join and contribute to this cause.

Old 04-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
hasil is a jewel in the rough hasil is a jewel in the rough hasil is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Good thinking...

I admire your thoughts and way of living. my mother used to tell me 'the way we think and behave reflects our upbringing' . Your near\dear ones might be very proud of you.

Quote:
I can not completely agree on this. I have my own examples.

When I came to US as a student I had full scholarship. I did not need any ones help. Still when ever I had a chance I helped fellow students from India financially like allowing them to stay with me for free, lending money and poviding directions in job search and providing moral support. All of them showed their back to me once they did not need any more. Those I used to meet in the office always tried to pull me back so that he could benefit in all unprofessional means. Those, who were v......

Old 04-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice
Talking you fool me once shame on you ... you can't fool me twice

A few years ago when I moved back to silicon valley this desi dude approached me at one of the grocery stores and gave me the usual spin about Amway/Quixtar.. blah blah.. yada.. yada. I told him then I'm not interested and it's a waste of my time. 3 years later that same guy approaches me in the same grocery store almost the same time of day. He doesn't recognize me but I do. He starts off with ... nice shoes.. I'm like OK. The next thing he start giving me his pitch.
I'm like "dude - you gave me this same spin 3 years ago.. Sorry I'm still not interested". That was a really funny incident.