Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 05-01-2008, 10:48 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default How and why did I get some black dots?

I have some black dots in my Control Panel? What is the meaning of a black dot?

And how does one give black dot to some one? When I try to add reputation to a post, I can only see I approve or I disapprove options. I would imagine I approve=green and I disapprove=red. Where does a black dot fit into this scheme?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikekilo View Post
how do u know if someone gives u red?

Old 05-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about

Somebody tried to approve or disapprove your message but he/she already got exhausted. They might be in spraying spree earlier in giving Red and Green dots to others and currently don’t have enough ‘credit’ to approve or disapprove other’s message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post

And how does one give black dot to some one? When I try to add reputation to a post, I can only see I approve or I disapprove options. I would imagine I approve=green and I disapprove=red. Where does a black dot fit into this scheme?

I am not an attorney. Use it at your own risk.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
apahilaj will become famous soon enough

Any takers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apahilaj View Post
So, where is the bill going next? Sorry guys, haven't heard the recording but just going by the thread it seems like this hearing didn't go as expected...

Is the bill going to die prematurely or is it going any where?
FP: 4/11/08 (self and spouse)
485: Received CPO email for self and spouse: 8/4/8
485: Received email welcoming new PR: 8/5/8
485: Received email for approval notice sent: 8/8/8

------------
Contributed $50 for omnibus drive, will contribute more for IV's efforts.

Sent letters to White House and IV.

Old 05-01-2008, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2006
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Lollerskater has a spectacular aura about Lollerskater has a spectacular aura about Lollerskater has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
For all those who are upset with the House hearing, please take it easy. Please do not expect the hearing to discuss the details of each and every GC applicant's case. The objective of the hearing was to bring the folks involved in visa bulletins and GC processing, and make them all publically say and agree that Lofgren-Sensenbrenner bill will not flood the country with new people on the borders but at the same time since the federal agencies did not do their job properly, so it would make sense to recapture the visa numbers, and that's it.

I think that this objective was achieved pretty handsomely without much opposition. So everybody was on the same page, other than Ranking member King, whose job in such meetings is to oppose whatever the committee chair is proposing. Rep. King did not have much to say as Rep. Sensenbrenner has co-sponsored the bill. Noticeably, Rep. Gutierrez supported the bill, which means Hispanic Caucus may not oppose it either, hopefully. So it was all good.
The meeting really saddens me though. That is the extent of anyone's power to get USCIS moving? Just hinting to King that the congress is displeased?

I mean I'm pretty sure King is gonna just shrug it off. Listen to how deluded the man sounds. He thinks USCIS is doing a great job, what with all that bragging about efficiency. Obviously he doesn't realize he's standing there, in that meeting. because the efficiency he's bragging about is clearly NOT ENOUGH. In fact, it's pretty much shitty.

To make things worse, those people in there are controlling the fates of thousands of waiting applicants. And they don't even seem to know the difference btw H1 and 485.

I don't want to just go on feeding this negative train of thought. I just wish something more effective can be done. Isn't there a better solution?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute Gravitation has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by h1techSlave View Post

The gray dots come when you get either approval/disapproval from somebody who has:
  • less than 30 posts.
  • overall negative reputation
gray dots have no affect on your reputation. This is to prevent new or disreputes from irresponsibly affecting others' reputations.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

We pay tons of fees to USCIS and wait for more than six years for GC and yet some shitty senator who does not know anything about immigration comes and rattles on stage.

The hearing should have started with the Ombudsman reports as a basis. Then the hearing should have asked USCIS for solid data like -

How many applicants from year 2001-2007 are pending? In what year, category, country? (to show the trends of backlogs)

How much percentage of applications were processed on annual basis compared to the limit? What is the inflow and the outflow?

What are the customer satisfaction levels for USCIS?

Old 05-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerskater View Post
The meeting really saddens me though. That is the extent of anyone's power to get USCIS moving? Just hinting to King that the congress is displeased?

I mean I'm pretty sure King is gonna just shrug it off. Listen to how deluded the man sounds. He thinks USCIS is doing a great job, what with all that bragging about efficiency. Obviously he doesn't realize he's standing there, in that meeting. because the efficiency he's bragging about is clearly NOT ENOUGH. In fact, it's pretty much shitty.

To make things worse, those people in there are controlling the fates of thousands of waiting applicants. And they don't even seem to know the difference btw H1 and 485.

I don't want to just go on feeding this negative train of thought. I just wish something more effective can be done. Isn't there a better solution?
IV is our best chance...Lets hope the bills Iv is pushing get some floor time. I will again say that as difficult and impossible as it may sound (given election yr n'all) IV is the only entity that we can pin our hopes on.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinabath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever View Post
We pay tons of fees to USCIS
The fee we pay is very less compare to what we pay to Attorneys. And USCIS cannot drastically increase fees. And we are stuck. That is the reality.

I think we should cut a check of same amount what we pay to attorneys.
I140 -
Received Date 07-02-07
Approval Date 01-30-08
I485(me and spouse) -Received Date 07-02-07
RFE 02-05-08
RFE response Received Date -03-20-08
Soft LUD 3-21-2008
Soft LUD 3-24-2008
Soft LUD 3-25-2008
i485 approval card production ordered -4/3/2008
i485 card received - 4/9/2008

Old 05-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cool

Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravitation View Post
The gray dots come when you get either approval/disapproval from somebody who has:
  • less than 30 posts.
  • overall negative reputation
gray dots have no affect on your reputation. This is to prevent new or disreputes from irresponsibly affecting others' reputations.

Old 05-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinabath View Post
The fee we pay is very less compare to what we pay to Attorneys. And USCIS cannot drastically increase fees. And we are stuck. That is the reality.

I think we should cut a check of same amount what we pay to attorneys.
It is not the problem of money. If they privatize the USCIS operations, I will show how to get it done much quickly, correctly, with lot of customer interaction.

USCIS wants you to believe what they tell you is the reality. It is not. They cover up their inefficiency with lies. There is way too much bereaucracy. Information does not trickle down from top to the bottom layers quickly, and top layer does not know what kind of operations are happening at bottom layer.

At best, we are feeding their pension plans and cushy retirement benefits.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future

1. Another reply was If we use All permitted unsed visa, Where would we be in terms of EB visa. His response was Probably china/India Second category will be clear.

2. According to Him 65% of visa has been used for this year. less amount of visa remain now for this year. We shouldn't expect miracle for this year at least.

3. Let Join hands together and follow the HSMP people did in UK.

Old 05-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light mariner5555 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vine93 View Post
1. Another reply was If we use All permitted unsed visa, Where would we be in terms of EB visa. His response was Probably china/India Second category will be clear.

2. According to Him 65% of visa has been used for this year. less amount of visa remain now for this year. We shouldn't expect miracle for this year at least.

3. Let Join hands together and follow the HSMP people did in UK.
did he say anything about EB3 ? if u know ..can u share ?

Old 05-01-2008, 05:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/23/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future vine93 has a brilliant future

No, he wasn't too specific.

Most of the answers were like We did some mistakes, we are taking new measures, new database , liking state Deptt to USCIS, making progress.

Lets see when that will show results.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future newbie2020 has a brilliant future

I watched the video and One of the things I noticed was the difficulty the State dept is facing to keep the numbers within limitation so they tend to achieve 90%-95% because the legislative limitation doesn't allow them to go beyond even by few numbers

When i compare the same situation with that of an IPO of a company. Typically a company coming out with an IPO will have certain number of shares authorized to sell, In addition to that they also reserve certain small number in addition to these to accommodate any excess shares issued by the underwriters.

Why don't we have some numbers similar to that. This would make the life of the State dept much easier.

Any thoughts

Last edited by newbie2020; 05-02-2008 at 08:27 AM.

Old 05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough senk1s is a jewel in the rough

thats all the more reason to recapture visa numbers ... forever.
If they hit 90-95% of the target for the current year - the following year the exact number will be known - and that can be allotted

Jan 2005 - EB3-PD
140/485/EAD/AP - Applied concurrently (Nebraska)

Aug 16, 2007 - RD, Oct 3, 2007 - ND (all case #s are LIN-08-00)
FP date Nov 6 (done)
i765 self and spouse - approved Nov 23
i131 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Jan 30, Jan 31- doc mailed email Feb 4

i140 - lud Oct 4, Dec 18
i485 self and spouse - lud Oct 9, Nov 7, Dec 18
i765 self and spouse renewal e-file ND/RD -Jul 28 FP Aug 16 Cards recd Aug 28