Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 03-27-2007, 03:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of
Default Any non Muslim Indian denied H1B due to security check ?

Hi,

Has an non muslim Indian passport holder been denied H1 visa in Canada due to security check ?

I have US degree and I also have done stamping in Canada once before - what are the chances of getting stuck ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-27-2007, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
purplehazea will become famous soon enough purplehazea will become famous soon enough

Out of personal experience of stories from other people I understand that generally most people do not have any problem while going for stamping outside the country. Subject to the fact that I am not an attorney and that you should consult one, here is my no guarantee advice:
Ensure that you have all the paper work and that you do not have any period of illegal stay;
Ensure that you go for stamping long before your visa validity runs out.

Again this is purely based on what I have noticed in my personal experience. Some people do get unlucky but overall it is better to go to a non-indian consulate and especially avoid Madras consulate.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eager_immi is on a distinguished road

Yes, a friend of mine was not given her VISA they did not say denial instead said they needed to further confirm her qualifiactions and field of research. This is bc she works in boitech and at that point there was the anthrax scare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozerd
Hi,

Has an non muslim Indian passport holder been denied H1 visa in Canada due to security check ?

I have US degree and I also have done stamping in Canada once before - what are the chances of getting stuck ?

Thanks

Old 03-27-2007, 04:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/15/2007
Compare
nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of nozerd has much to be proud of

Did your friend eventually get the visa ? After how long ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
Yes, a friend of mine was not given her VISA they did not say denial instead said they needed to further confirm her qualifiactions and field of research. This is bc she works in boitech and at that point there was the anthrax scare.