Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Fingerprinting during 485 stage
Click to log in with Facebook
Fingerprinting during 485 stage All issues related to fingerprinting process, FP notices etc.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future
Default USCIS correspondence returned as undeliverbale after AR11

Receipt Number: SRC0XXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On December 19, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent..

I have not yet got the FP appointment. Could this be the letter for that or something else serious?
After filing, my address changed.
I submitted AR-11 form, called USCIS and updated address, when opened SR last month gave them the new address to for which any notices have to be sent etc..but still got this letter from our super efficient USCIS.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future vamsi_poondla has a brilliant future

I called USCIS and created a new service request. Hope they will do it right this time.

My worry is if this is NOT FP notice, and something else, will it effect my application in anyway since I could not respond in a timely manner due to address change.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts solaris27 is infamous around these parts
Default AR-11 form

submit AR-11 form online and also send it by post also .

Old 12-20-2007, 10:06 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough

did you get a letter from USCIS to your new address that they have received your address change request?

i changed my address back in last week of September and got the letter in mid october. i got two separte letter one addressed to me and one addressed to my wife. this letter will ensure that they have your new correct address on the file. you should get one letter for you and for each dependent. also, you should change addresses for each individuals (for you and dependent).

also keep in touch with your lawyer, they shall recieve one notice for FP alongwith you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_poondla View Post
I called USCIS and created a new service request. Hope they will do it right this time.

My worry is if this is NOT FP notice, and something else, will it effect my application in anyway since I could not respond in a timely manner due to address change.

Last edited by venky08; 12-20-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default How did you apply?

Quote:
Originally Posted by venky08 View Post
did you get a letter from USCIS to your new address that they have received your address change request?

i changed my address back in last week of September and got the letter in mid october. i got two separte letter one addressed to me and one addressed to my wife. this letter will ensure that they have your new correct address on the file. you should get one letter for you and for each dependent. also, you should change addresses for each individuals (for you and dependent).

also keep in touch with your lawyer, they shall recieve one notice for FP alongwith you.
Did you apply online or thru regular mail? Also, if you sent regular mail, was it certified mail or just regular first-class mail?
Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.
- Steven Weinberg, Nobel Prize winning physicist.
--------------------------------------------------

Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice go_getter007 is just really nice

You can change your address online or also by calling the USCIS. I did the latter in my case a few months ago. Once the system is updated by a USCIS customer service rep to reflect the new address, you'll get an email notification, if you have that feature activated on the USCIS site/your application portfolio.

Good luck.

GG_007

PS: Not a lawyer, just my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi_poondla View Post
Receipt Number: SRC0XXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On December 19, 2007, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent..

I have not yet got the FP appointment. Could this be the letter for that or something else serious?
After filing, my address changed.
I submitted AR-11 form, called USCIS and updated address, when opened SR last month gave them the new address to for which any notices have to be sent etc..but still got this letter from our super efficient USCIS.

Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough venky08 is a jewel in the rough

the way i did it is i applied over internet using online AR-11 form. I did not apply by mail. Then, the next day, I called my lawyer's office and told them to contact USCIS to make them aware that my address has been changed on the petitions that are under consideration. For the people who use the online change of address path, i think everybody should know that there is more to it than just hitting submit button to AR-11. It then takes you further to ask whether do you have any pending petitions with USCIS. then you are supposed to say yes (if you do) and then it will take you to a screen where you provide your case numbers etc. however I couldnt get to that step due to some glitch so i decided to call my lawyer's office to have them finish that step. They simply called and informed USCIS of the address change.

hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logiclife View Post
Did you apply online or thru regular mail? Also, if you sent regular mail, was it certified mail or just regular first-class mail?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
Default What I did after sending my I-485 application on July 24th

My Receipt Date is Sept 18th. I changed address before I got my receipt.

For address change,
1) On Sept 25th, I filed AR-11 online, then as a chain, modified the addresses on all my pending applications. I got letter confirmations. This happened in Sept.
2) I also called them in Nov to raise a SR since I did not receive the FP notices. In the SR, I again gave my new address.
3) Then today I got the status changed as Notice Returned as Undeliverable.
4) I called USCIS first thing in the morning and again raised a SR
5) I also took an Infopass to meet field office folks and ask for help

All this I did to my spouse also.

Old 12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Default According to Attorney (Dec 8 - IV meet - Plano,TX)

One SHOULD do change of address as under.

1) Fill AR-11 online
2) Mail AR-11 (Delivery Signature proof)
3) Call USCIS for change of address
4) Within a week take Infopass appointment to verify whether address is
changed or not.