Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 11-29-2010, 03:30 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default is it OK to work when the online status says Card production ordered?

Online EAD status says Card production ordered. Not received card yet. Is there any memo/ lawyer opinion that says it is OK to work that as a basis for employment eligibility?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimalist View Post
Online EAD status says Card production ordered. Not received card yet. Is there any memo/ lawyer opinion that says it is OK to work that as a basis for employment eligibility?
I feel its perfectly ok if you see online status as "Approved" or "Card Production ordered". Now its just the matter of shipping time delay. After it arrives it will still show the valid date as the approved date.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare
minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute minimalist has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your reply Sanju_dba. The issue is that the company is not accepting that as valid status and informed that it will proceed to terminate, unless presented with a memo/lawyer statement that says so. I know many Ivians were in the same situation while back and wondering if any of them found a memo or a lawyer that is willing to give a statement that it is valid to work in such situation.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2010
Compare
garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough garybanz is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Thanks for your reply Sanju_dba. The issue is that the company is not accepting that as valid status and informed that it will proceed to terminate, unless presented with a memo/lawyer statement that says so. I know many Ivians were in the same situation while back and wondering if any of them found a memo or a lawyer that is willing to give a statement that it is valid to work in such situation.
Will they be OK, putting you on LOA till you get your EAD card? Maybe you can ask a Layer to write and give it to you that the company can put you on LOA till the EAD card reaches you.

- Contributed over $500 to IV
- Got the GC after about 7 years of stay in the US.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:26 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare

Thanks for your reply. They do not want to do an LOA. One lawyer I consulted said, it is not OK to work just based on online status. Left VM to another lawyer and wanted to check what other experiences are out there.

PS: This is for a friend of mine, he couldn't reach his lawyer and is very tensed to do anything else.

Old 11-29-2010, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. They do not want to do an LOA. One lawyer I consulted said, it is not OK to work just based on online status. Left VM to another lawyer and wanted to check what other experiences are out there.

PS: This is for a friend of mine, he couldn't reach his lawyer and is very tensed to do anything else.
Give a shot at local USCIS office and ask them to see what they can do. I guess the shipping takes like 2days to a week depending on the office to benificiary's home city location. I am guessing EAD is based on AOS pending. If the employer is OK with a lawyer letter saying , " LOA is ok when EAD renewal is pending ", then request one from the lawyer.

Old 11-29-2010, 05:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/17/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju_dba View Post
Give a shot at local USCIS office and ask them to see what they can do. I guess the shipping takes like 2days to a week depending on the office to benificiary's home city location. I am guessing EAD is based on AOS pending. If the employer is OK with a lawyer letter saying , " LOA is ok when EAD renewal is pending ", then request one from the lawyer.
Local USCIS office has not been helpful at all. Status changed to Card production ordered about 3 weeks ago. It didn't even change to "Document mailed". Hopefully he will hear back from his lawyer.