Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: Is your application stuck in a Backlog Elim enter?
Yes 59 17.15%
No 285 82.85%
Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold
Default Backlog Center news

Backlog Centers
AJB to AJE

In anticipation of America's Job Bank (AJB) ceasing operations as a recruitment tool, the Backlog Elimination Centers (BECs) will be switching to America's Job Exchange (AJE) as an alternative site for posting recruitment advertisements for backlogged Foreign Labor Certification recruitment activity. AJE is one of the alternatives authorized by the Employment and Training Administration (ETA). The BECs have coordinated with AJE staff and we believe this transition will cause little if any disruption. According to the description provided by AJB, "AJE will offer the same national labor exchange services that AJB provided [using] the same screens and functions as AJB ensuring a seamless transition between sites."

Because AJB is going to stop operations by June 30, 2007, in order to ensure full recruitment periods, the BECs will switch to AJE as of June 1, 2007. Therefore, employers and job seekers will be able to find the job postings on AJE starting on June 1st. Advertisements posted on AJB prior to June 1st will continue on AJB through their full recruitment periods on AJB.

AJE can be found at: http://www.americasjobexchange.com/

Old 06-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kalyan is just really nice kalyan is just really nice kalyan is just really nice kalyan is just really nice kalyan is just really nice
Default Dates will move forward

Hi

I agree there is lot of injustice to applicants stuck in pre perm system. But with elimination of LC substitution and a timeline of 45 days between LC and 140,

tons of pre perm applications after approved will go nuts becoz the candidates have already left the employers .

I am sure that dates will remain current in August also. I believe INS will give EAD and will let all wait for GC therefore needs to go to Parole. Once you are in AP, that means, you all are golden eggs laying ducks to INS everyyear.

One +ve plus for is , DESI companies are gone and we can change jobs but its premium price for lot of guys for years to pay .

Good. My LC is not even started. I am holding my breathe and congratulations to all my brothers and sisters who can file 485.

Good Luck
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2007, 12:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_p27
Dear friend akred,

One question for you my friend, ask your consience.

your advice to BEG, Borrow, STEAL or KILL, is this how we should conduct ourself in the society. Do you want such kind of society. Is it good to profess anger, decit and violence in society. (think what our kids will face when they grow up.) ?

As a devote Hindu, I live by Hindu way of life, and I Hope you do too, I PRAY to you, can you PLEASE implement this way of life in your normal daily life, you will see the difference yourself.

Not meaning to anger you, Sorry in advance if I have hurt you. I pray you will change.

OM !!!!
On a philosophical note, you have to do what you must. Everything has its time and place - anger and violence are valuable tools and sometimes violence is noble when you are confronted by evil - perhaps the only thing out of place is "steal".

Anyway, companies have pre-approved labors that are expiring in a month. The dramatic language was to convey the message that this is the time for action.

Last edited by akred; 06-14-2007 at 12:39 PM.

Old 06-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
msp1976 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by somegchuh
H1BLegal95,
I couldn't agree more with you. This is the worst thing to happen for ppl who have been patiently waiting in BEC lines since 2001 !!! Essentially this means that dates will get current for all the PERM filers since Mar 2005, giving them the advantage of AC21 while leaving simple ppl like you stuck. And then by the time your labor gets approved dates may not be current anymore.
But unless you are the type of person who's willing to get into buying labor certification there is nothing you can do! Is it unfair, hell yeah! Life's a b****. But remember you are getting screwed now others have either been screwed at some other point or will get screwed later. We all get screwed

anandrajesh,
Are yuou out of your mind? You are asking a man who has been waiting in line since 2003 a spoilsport? If he was really a spolisport who would bought his way out by now. You want him to celebrate while you get AC21 and he's left waiting again? You have some nerve!

I am in the same boat as H1BLegal95..
My labor Jul 2004 is stuck in PBEC...

Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default What's with this selfish attitude?!

I am appalled at the insensitivity and selfishness of some of the posters here.

Those of you who have just had good news yesterday that YOU are ok should be ASHAMED of yourselves by telling people in a much more depressing situation to lighten up.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
skv is on a distinguished road
Default Mine PD is May 14th 2007, under PERM

My earlier case was a horrible story, Non-RIR PD Apr 2001, left the firm before it got approved. :-(

Now I need some luck to get the new one through. :-)

Old 06-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
iambest is a jewel in the rough iambest is a jewel in the rough iambest is a jewel in the rough
Default I am in the same boat....

LC stuck in DBEC......I submitted my final documents end of May and hoping to get my LC certified end of this month (fingers crossed).

Old 06-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vik_tx is on a distinguished road

had a similar issue.. labor was stuck in the backlog ctr for 4 years.. Tired of waiting - i then directed my lawers to request the dol for a screenshot, ven though my h-1b was valid and i did not actually need it.. lo and behold.. 15 days after that .. it was miraclously approved.. I suggest you try the same.. Something in the screen-shot process triggered my labor review ..

Old 06-14-2007, 02:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wolfsappi is on a distinguished road

My status online said LC completed as early as May 1. The lawyers still havent received the papers and so cant apply for my 140/485. Very very frustrated.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2007
Compare
arihant will become famous soon enough
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanduv23
As dates will remain current for a while, and when dates retrogress - my take is they may not retrogress to a degree where backlogged applications are dated. So as approvals keep coming out of BECs the PDs of those backlogged till now may be eligible for filing 485.

This is my take. I write this because I understand your frustrations. The game is not over - I have a feeling that a lot of people will be on EAD status for a while
All those who are still waiting in BEC black hole, I feel for you. I was stuck in BEC for four years. Only managed to get out a couple of months ago after they allowed TR cases to be converted to RIR.

I tend to think the same way as chanduv23. Our final goal is a Green card, and it may still turn out that the people who are currently still waiting in BEC may end up getting their GC in hand before many of the ones that can apply for 485 in July.

The reason is that USCIS has clearly stated that it will retrogress big time in September. So, people with recent PDs may get to file their 485 but may have to wait for a long time for their PD to become current again to get the approval notice (folks, I am not wishing ill against any group here! I wish we all got our GCs ASAP. But since that is not going to happen, just trying to analyze facts). On the other hand, if BEC comes through with their sep 07 prediction, then these people with much older PDs may be able to apply for their 140/485 at that time and may end up getting their GC 6-12 months later because their PDs will still be current at the time of approval (Of course, this is assuming that they will not get caught in the Name Check Black hole)

So, all those who are still stuck in BEC, please hang in there, your day of freedom will arrive (maybe sooner than you are currently thinking).

Old 06-14-2007, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GotGC?? is on a distinguished road

Totally agree! I was appalled by some peoples suggestion to those still stuck in BEC to "enjoy the moment" on behalf of others and "not to be a spoilsport". It is really very unfair, but you know what, like arihant says, it'll be like, "See you at IV in September" (when the October VB comes out) to continue.

Only difference is, you'd have "filed" 485 and if lucky you'd have gotten a receipt, because you might as well kiss your AP & EAD goodbye because there is no way they can process this ton load of apps any time soon.

I hope USCIS finally sees the injustice that has be meted out to the all the folks - whether in BEC or not - and process the application in a FIFO basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant
All those who are still waiting in BEC black hole, I feel for you. I was stuck in BEC for four years. Only managed to get out a couple of months ago after they allowed TR cases to be converted to RIR.

I tend to think the same way as chanduv23. Our final goal is a Green card, and it may still turn out that the people who are currently still waiting in BEC may end up getting their GC in hand before many of the ones that can apply for 485 in July.

The reason is that USCIS has clearly stated that it will retrogress big time in September. So, people with recent PDs may get to file their 485 but may have to wait for a long time for their PD to become current again to get the approval notice (folks, I am not wishing ill against any group here! I wish we all got our GCs ASAP. But since that is not going to happen, just trying to analyze facts). On the other hand, if BEC comes through with their sep 07 prediction, then these people with much older PDs may be able to apply for their 140/485 at that time and may end up getting their GC 6-12 months later because their PDs will still be current at the time of approval (Of course, this is assuming that they will not get caught in the Name Check Black hole)

So, all those who are still stuck in BEC, please hang in there, your day of freedom will arrive (maybe sooner than you are currently thinking).

Old 06-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts mmrao2007 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by arihant

My prayers are with you all guys who are stuck at BECs and waiting for more than threes like I did. As someone said, Good things come to those who waits.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough imneedy is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs down July 1 date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chanukya
(remember July1 is the date new fees kick in)
The new fee structure is effective on July 30, 2007, and is posted at www.uscis.gov.

Where did you see July 1 date?
I-140 EB2 Approved ______: 1 Apr 2010 (with incorrect priority date of Jan 2006) (LUD: 11 Aug 2010)
Submitted for Interfiling soon afterward
Greened - 10 Oct 2010
"We must become the change we want to see" - MG

Old 06-14-2007, 03:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold somegchuh is a splendid one to behold

I can't tell you how p***d I was when I read someone suggesting ppl to "enjoy the moment". For someone who has been waiting 3-4 years for labor to clear and sees ppl getting in front of the line to get the EAD/AP, its just insane. And to tell that person to be not a "spoilsport" is just rubbing salt in their wounds!

To my friends who are still stuck in PBEC, please have faith. You will hopefully be able to file 485 even after Sept when the dates retrogress again. My gut feeling is that dates will retrogress back to 2004 again. 2005 is when PERM started and that's where the bulk of applicants will come from right now. PERM filers will get the advantage of AC21 that you didn't have for all these years but plight of ppl stuck in BEC's has never been on anyone's agenda. So not much you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGC??
Totally agree! I was appalled by some peoples suggestion to those still stuck in BEC to "enjoy the moment" on behalf of others and "not to be a spoilsport". It is really very unfair, but you know what, like arihant says, it'll be like, "See you at IV in September" (when the October VB comes out) to continue.

Only difference is, you'd have "filed" 485 and if lucky you'd have gotten a receipt, because you might as well kiss your AP & EAD goodbye because there is no way they can process this ton load of apps any time soon.

I hope USCIS finally sees the injustice that has be meted out to the all the folks - whether in BEC or not - and process the application in a FIFO basis.

Old 06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

There are no 2 ways to this.. it is injustice and screwed up process of DOL and USCIS.....but the situation (DOL) is no different than 1 day ago. it should not warrant you to start this thread.