Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD expiring soon...

Guys,

My EAD is expiring on Sept 2nd. I applied for extension on July 31st and they received all the docs by Aug 2nd. I am a little worried that my EAD may not be approved on time. What happens if it doesn't get approved on time ? I scheduled an Infopass on Aug 23rd to see what my options are. Do you know what options I have ? I read somewhere that I can get a temporary EAD by going to the local office.

Appreciate your response
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25.2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
reagles is on a distinguished road

Await on infopass response; from what I know, you will not be able to work after the current EAD expiry date and wait for the new EAD approved card and then start working again...should not affect your I 485 application...

Old 08-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hi

I called the customer service and expidited the case on "Humanitarian grounds". They told they will reach out to me within 5 days. And tomorrow I have an Infopass as well. So lets see.

Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

I was in a similar situation. My ead is expiring on Aug 26th, and i applied on July 26th. Both me and my wife got the card production order emails on 20th. I even had to go for fingerprinting :-).

I'm not sure if I'm one of lucky few or the USCIS processes the cases based on earliest expiry dates :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_desi_gc View Post
I called the customer service and expidited the case on "Humanitarian grounds". They told they will reach out to me within 5 days. And tomorrow I have an Infopass as well. So lets see.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Expedite requests have to be written requests with sufficient proof. If humanitarian requests can be made on the phone, I suppose all of us in EB3I can call and ask for an expedite processing of our I485

Yours is simply a case of calling customer service and explaining the situation. The most they can do is open a service request. 5 days, 30 days or 90 days or any #day is basically telling that for the particular application it may be a reasonable additional processing time to wait.

Sometimes enough information and process is not explained on the phone due to lack of time and it causes such process confusion.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Hi

I opened a expedite SR that they told will be responded in 5 days. I got an email from them today and here is the response in the email

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need.

XM1235

I dont know if there is a way to send further evidence. I told them that I am sole income earlner in my family and my family relies on me for health benefits etc.

Old 08-23-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I opened a expedite SR that they told will be responded in 5 days. I got an email from them today and here is the response in the email

The status of this service request is:

Due to the high volume of expedite requests for this case type, we are strictly enforcing the criteria that has been set for these expedite requests. While your situation appears serious, you have not provided evidence of an extreme emergent need.

XM1235

I dont know if there is a way to send further evidence. I told them that I am sole income earlner in my family and my family relies on me for health benefits etc.
Correct. The CS person opened a service request to satisfy the customer that something was done. But ultimately this request was politely denied. You need to be sending a written request with evidence for expedite. There is a process defined for this on USCIS website. We posted it as well 2 years ago on threads. But I guess its now buried.

Are you coming for the rally on 8th?

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 08-23-2012 at 06:16 PM.

Old 08-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Correct. The CS person opened a service request to satisfy the customer that something was done. But ultimately this request was politely denied. You need to be sending a written request with evidence for expedite. There is a process defined for this on USCIS website. We posted it as well 2 years ago on threads. But I guess its now buried.

Are you coming for the rally on 8th?
Pappu,

Thanks for your guidance. I will search for the threads and see if I can find it.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Unhappy Hi

I faxed my W2's to demonstrate that I am the sole income earner in my family. I also reached out to the local Senator to see if he can put a word for me. Havent heard anything yet. I have 3 more business days before my EAD expires. Fingers crossed....

Old 08-28-2012, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

Cool Des,
Did you receive card production emails yet? Me and my wife received our EAD cards 1 day before the expiry. We applied 1 month before the expiry date just like you. So hopefully you'll get them too.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
I faxed my W2's to demonstrate that I am the sole income earner in my family. I also reached out to the local Senator to see if he can put a word for me. Havent heard anything yet. I have 3 more business days before my EAD expires. Fingers crossed....
If you are a recurring subscriber for at least last six month, volunteering etc please contact with your support details and we can try helping you get EAD on time.

===================
-----------

Old 08-30-2012, 06:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/26/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold

Did you get your EAD? Praying for you!

Old 08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Hi

I have not got the approval yet. Tomorrow is the last day. Starting monday, I will not be able to work. Still keeping my fingers crossed.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Hi

I got online approval on 8/5. Thank god. Waiting for the cards to arrive and start working. It took 35 days.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/26/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold sixburgh is a splendid one to behold

I assume you meant 9/5.
Its good news.
Cheers!