Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

View Poll Results: You have received.....(one of the following)
email with Notification 99 60.37%
Green Card in the Mail 64 39.02%
Finger Print notice 6 3.66%
RFE 14 8.54%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pxkuma has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hi - Just received our green card in the email today. PD: EB2 August 2006. I-485 filed in June 28, 2011. Received - August 31, 2011. TSC

My lawyer did mention that USCIS is really trying hard to go by PD preference. Hopefully - all of you will get yours very very soon. Personally, I think they are trying to clear as many as possible before next year's quota begins judging by the relative speed they processed mine. Thank you and good luck to all.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
JEESEE is infamous around these parts JEESEE is infamous around these parts JEESEE is infamous around these parts JEESEE is infamous around these parts JEESEE is infamous around these parts
Default Visa Numbers ran out for the fiscal year

I just got off the phone with my Lawyer and he mentioned USCIS has ran out of the visa number for the fiscal year so they are not going to approve any I-485 till Oct 1.

Is This correct?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
VJP is a glorious beacon of light VJP is a glorious beacon of light VJP is a glorious beacon of light VJP is a glorious beacon of light VJP is a glorious beacon of light VJP is a glorious beacon of light
Default Received CPO mail finally

EB2I
PD - Feb'07
485 filed Jul 07 - NSC
RFE issued 7/28/2011
RFE lost in transition. Mailed to previous address inspite of filing AR-11 for new address.
USCIS mailed it to correct address after couple of calls.
RFE received 08/27/2011.
RFE responded 09/01/2011. Received by USCIS on 09/02/2011.
Received CPO mails for me and my wife on 09/08/2011.

RFE for EVL and G325-A form.

Old 09-09-2011, 08:07 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEESEE View Post
I just got off the phone with my Lawyer and he mentioned USCIS has ran out of the visa number for the fiscal year so they are not going to approve any I-485 till Oct 1.

Is This correct?
Please do not spread rumors. All this talk of level 2 and other sources is of no use. Spend time learning the process. Take part in IV advocacy work, come for meetings, join donor forum to really understand how system works and how all of us can work together to get changes done.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/26/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
venkatesan.chinnaraju@gma is on a distinguished road
Default Fianlly Approved

I got GC today. Thanks for al your help. It is really painful wait. But ends smooth.

thanks
venkat

Old 09-20-2011, 12:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
write2jps is on a distinguished road
Default Weird :mad:

look at this reply from NCSC Followup email...

my case is under EB2 and the this email they said 3rd preference? any idea what is that

I added my wife's 485 application on July 1st and she already got EAD-AP combo card for 1 year... if 3rd preference means EB3 then they shouldn't have accepted her application as the priority date is not current
????

----------*************************----------
Greetings,

USCIS records indicate your application is pending the availability of an employment based Visa. You are 3rd preference from India with a priority date of December 29. 2006.

The Department of State has informed U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that all employment-based immigrant visas have been distributed for fiscal year 2011. Every fiscal year (October 1st – September 30th), at least 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants who seek to immigrate based on an offer of employment to the principal applicant. Applicants should note that USCIS will continue accepting adjustment of status applications based on the September visa bulletin through the entire month of September. Please visit USCIS Home Page for more information about employment-based immigration. To view the Department of State’s Visa Bulletin, please visit U.S. Department of State. Thank you for your continued interest in USCIS programs.

We will review the availability of Employment Based Visas starting October 01, 2011

Sincere Regards,
USCIS Nebraska Service Center

Old 09-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kart2007 will become famous soon enough

Got our GCs in the mail on Friday. Thanks for all your help! To those still waiting, I think its just a matter of time before you get it. Good luck!

Old 09-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute saketkapur has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have a copy of your I-140? If you had applied through an attorney and are still retaining him then ask him to contact the USCIS to have this resolved.
Alternately if you have a copy of your I-140 stating EB-2 take a SEVIS appointment at your local USCIS office and the officer out there can rectify the error.

You can also talk to an immigration attorney and hire him/her to help you with your case.

Regarding USCIS issuing EAD for your spouse which should not have been the case if your date is not current: You are correct they should not have issued it and rejected the I-485. They might realize their error at a later date and revoke the EAD.
However since this is most probably an error as you state you should be able to get it rectified by taking a SEVIS appointment. But definitely get it rectified one way or the other as accurate paper work is very important if any issue arises later.

Above is just my personal opinion and not legal advice. Consult an experienced attorney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by write2jps View Post
look at this reply from NCSC Followup email...

my case is under EB2 and the this email they said 3rd preference? any idea what is that

I added my wife's 485 application on July 1st and she already got EAD-AP combo card for 1 year... if 3rd preference means EB3 then they shouldn't have accepted her application as the priority date is not current
????

Greetings,

USCIS records indicate your application is pending the availability of an employment based Visa. You are 3rd preference from India with a priority date of December 29. 2006.

The Department of State has informed U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) that all employment-based immigrant visas have been distributed for fiscal year 2011. Every fiscal year (October 1st – September 30th), at least 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas are made available to qualified applicants who seek to immigrate based on an offer of employment to the principal applicant. Applicants should note that USCIS will continue accepting adjustment of status applications based on the September visa bulletin through the entire month of September. Please visit USCIS Home Page for more information about employment-based immigration. To view the Department of State’s Visa Bulletin, please visit U.S. Department of State. Thank you for your continued interest in USCIS programs.

We will review the availability of Employment Based Visas starting October 01, 2011

Sincere Regards,

Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold coolpal is a splendid one to behold

I got the following (kinda expected) response from USCIS as a reply to my email i sent a couple of weeks ago..... does it sound too generic, or do you guys think they are actually reviewing my case? This is a cruel joke from uscis, they had more than 4 years to do whatever they are doing now

==================
Good morning,

The processing of this I-485 application has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that the case is not yet ready for decision as it is under an ongoing review.

We cannot move forward on this case at this time. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the review is complete. If the applicant does not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of the date of this notice, please contact us for updates.

Regards,
EX0357
===================

Did anyone get a similar response and got their GCs after that? Please share your experience, at least it helps us get over this miserable wait

Old 09-21-2011, 10:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

I got a similar kind of response when I raised a SR in July. They said

"We have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpal View Post
I got the following (kinda expected) response from USCIS as a reply to my email i sent a couple of weeks ago..... does it sound too generic, or do you guys think they are actually reviewing my case? This is a cruel joke from uscis, they had more than 4 years to do whatever they are doing now

==================
Good morning,

The processing of this I-485 application has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that the case is not yet ready for decision as it is under an ongoing review.

We cannot move forward on this case at this time. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the review is complete. If the applicant does not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of the date of this notice, please contact us for updates.

Regards,
EX0357
===================

Did anyone get a similar response and got their GCs after that? Please share your experience, at least it helps us get over this miserable wait

Old 09-21-2011, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold jest_1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Got the same response

I too got the same response when I opened SR in July. Looks like its pretty much a standard response. What is not clear at this point is whether there is a delay in all the transfer cases from TSC to NSC, or is it only for a few folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhssatya View Post
I got a similar kind of response when I raised a SR in July. They said

"We have to perform additional review on this case and this has caused a longer processing time. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact customer service at the number provided below"

Old 09-26-2011, 04:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
go2xy is on a distinguished road
Default What happens after Oct 1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Please do not spread rumors. All this talk of level 2 and other sources is of no use. Spend time learning the process. Take part in IV advocacy work, come for meetings, join donor forum to really understand how system works and how all of us can work together to get changes done.
I'm not sure why you consider the message from JEESEE as a potential rumor. It's essentially the same I'm hearing from when I talked to USCIS. Also, I contacted the local congressman's office, and the response they got from USCIS also hinted towards the same.

Of course, as others have posted on this forum that they recently received their CPO notice / GC, which certainly lends to the confusion (at least to "junior" members like me). I could speculate on a few things, but for now I'm just going to (TRY to) rely on the common information I've received through multiple sources, and wait and see what happens after Oct 1st.

Of course, if anyone does have experience on what could happen after the 1st in this situation, I would definitely be interested ..

Cheers ! (well, trying to be despite the frustration)

Old 09-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumar22 is on a distinguished road

What kind of RFE you have got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivchicago View Post
RFE response to 485 recieved by NSC on Aug 25.

Still waiting as of now with PD of Dec 2006.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jd101 is a splendid one to behold jd101 is a splendid one to behold jd101 is a splendid one to behold jd101 is a splendid one to behold jd101 is a splendid one to behold jd101 is a splendid one to behold
Smile

Mine is March 2005. I ported from EB3 to EB2 in August 2011. My PERM and I 140 for EB2 have been approved.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
iresil is on a distinguished road
Default Rfe

I had an RFE and replied to USCIS in Sep15th, received the following emails so far, little confused about the second email, Please help me understand here.

1st email on Tuesday, 4 October 2011 10:30 AM :

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On October 3, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

2nd email Today 8.30PM :

** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: LINXXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Decision

On October 5, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results
listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current
processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at USCIS Home Page under Check Processing Times.
Please help me understand this, little worried about second email ....

Thanks in advance ....