Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 06-27-2007, 02:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough slc_ut is a jewel in the rough
Default I-140 RFE - Experience letters

Hello,

My company filed for my I-140 in premium processing. This is for a Programmer Analyst position. These are the requiremtns for the position.

Two years Oracle development experience as a programmer analyst.
Hands-on development experience with Oracle development tools in Unix and Windows environments.

I submitted experience letters from my former employers. But in 3 out of 4 of these experience letters Oracle was not mentioned, it was written like experience in Forms, Reports, PL/SQL etc. The 1 experience letter that mentioned Oracle is for 14 month period.

The RFE is to get revised letters from my former employers that show the specific experience with Oracle development for a period of total 2 years.

If anyone faced such RFE's related to their past experience, please answer my questions below.

1) Can i take the revised letters from former employers as if they are issuing revised letters as a reply to my I-140 RFE OR can these be worded in general ? Can you post some example formats for experience letters ?

2) Can the former employers keep all the format as in previous experience letters they gave and just include the Oracle now (like instead of Forms write it as Oracle Forms, instead of PL/SQL write it as Oracle PL/SQL) OR can they change the format entirely and give more descriptive letters by emphasizing Oracle at many places in the experience letter ?

3) I have Oracle certifications on Oralce Forms, Reports, PL/SQL. Can i submit them now in additon to the revised experience letters, as a reply to the RFE ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2007, 10:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Compare
mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute mrdelhiite has a reputation beyond repute

easiest thing would be to get updated /new exp letters .. u can demand ur employer to do thsi if u have worked on Oracle ... unless u worked for desi company ... still i sa just try to get new updated ones
-M

Old 10-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Almas is on a distinguished road
Default no experience letter/ RFE I140

I had an RFE and previous employer did NOT want to give me experience letter and submitted the following, let me know what you think:
- Letter from past supervisor in his current company letterhead listing my duties etc
-4 notarized affidavits from Co-workers
-2 notarized affidavits from clients (including a University)
-ORIGINAL Backdated letter from that very same employer, on company letterhead, that i had used to travel to get H-1B stamp and clearly listing my duties and title but showing 1 year of exp. (i actually have 2, but since it is backdated. LC requires 6 months)
-Sample Work
-My photo and title on the company's old website
-notarized paystubs and tax returns as evidence that i worked there
-copy of my entire H-1B showing my duties and title
- a self affidavit listing ALL my efforts to obtain the letter, in vain
-an affidavit from a coworker, still working from the same company, listing his efforts to obtain the letter on my behalf, in vain