Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > Non-Immigrant Visa
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visa This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 10-01-2011, 08:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hydcoolguy is on a distinguished road
Default H4 stamping question

Hi everyone!

I am on H1B and got my visa stamped this month with new employer X.
My wife is on H4 and got her visa stamped with my previous employer A. VIsa is valid till 2013.
Her visa's annotation states my previous emp with previous EAC number which was sent to USCIS for revoking. My question is Can my wife travel on her valid visa or does she need to go to stamping again with my new employer information? Experts please help! Thanks in advance
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
aashishkapoor is on a distinguished road
Default In Same Boat

Hello Friends, I am also in the same boat.

My wife want to travel to India in Nov 2011 for family function and need to go for visa stamping also. she is on H4 and I am on H1B, but I am not travelling with her.

other important thing is her classes is also going to start in Dec 2011 in US and need to return back before 10th Dec 2011, I am confuse weather we should take this risk or not.

Does any one have recent expereince with H4 stamping Delhi US embassy.

Please reply.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2011, 02:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

@hydcoolguy, back in 2006 had been to india and entered back with old employers' H1B stamped and new employers' I797 notice. no questions asked. PO saw both passport/visa and new petition and I94-ed me in. But that was back then. Talk to a good attorney, it will just cost $100 bucks for 30-40min session, but its worth.
I guess they have the free attorney calls here in IV as well. Check for those postings.

@aashishkapoor, family function if avoidable is best. But if you have to go then you have to go. Weigh the risk and act.

good luck guys.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hello Friends,

I need your advise in this.

My family is travelling to India, they have to go for H4 stamping in US consulate in New Delhi. I have following question.

1. Does she need to carry my orginal I-797 (H1B visa holder I-797) to show in consulate along with her I-797 ?

2. Do I need to get the detailed job duties employment letter or just normal employment letter with designation is fine ?

I am a full time employee (not with consulting company)

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

Old 11-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hello Friends, Please reply, your help is really appreciated.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold nomad is a splendid one to behold

My wife got H4 stamped last month at Chennai consulate,. She carried only copy of my I-797 as told by my company. she carried client letter and normal employment verification letter as well. but the VO didnt ask anything other than her original Notice of Action of H4 extension document. good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashishkapoor View Post
Hello Friends,

I need your advise in this.

My family is travelling to India, they have to go for H4 stamping in US consulate in New Delhi. I have following question.

1. Does she need to carry my orginal I-797 (H1B visa holder I-797) to show in consulate along with her I-797 ?

2. Do I need to get the detailed job duties employment letter or just normal employment letter with designation is fine ?

I am a full time employee (not with consulting company)

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.