Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabadaba View Post
Ok..I know I should read thru the older posts, but didnt get a sense of what is required in my case, so I am posting the question online.

My wife was on her independent H1B. she travelled out side the country and was readmitted on H1b. After that she turned in her 2 weeks notice and has started working for another company on her EAD.

We have not applied for our AP previously.

My question is this:

In Part 1 , Q3

Class of Addmission

Should she put H1B (last admitted as)

or would it be Adjustment of Status (since she is using EAD)

Also, what kind of supporting documents need to be sent?

I-485 copy
EAD Copy ( yes/ no)
I-94 H1B issued at POE (yes/no)

2 passport sized photographs?

anything else?

Class of admission is last admission on port. That should be H1B.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2008, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough ameryki is a jewel in the rough

hey guys quick question...my existing AP just expired yesterday. however I had applied for AP renewal 120 days in advance and received an approval in Oct. The problem is the new AP that I received in Oct is valid from Oct 2008 until Oct 2009 even when I had a valid Ap until Dec 2008. So basically I lost 2 months when I reapplied for AP. Can I do anything to get 2 months added?

Old 12-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold
Default Applying for AP while H1-B extension pending

All,
I have recently applied for my H1 extension and have recieved the reciept. My current H1 is about to expire.

Can I apply for AP. (Assuming USCIS looks at my AP application before my H1 extension is approved)

Anyone who has successfully done the same, please suggest.

Thanks.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of sreedhar has much to be proud of
Default I didn't send any documents to USCIS for my AP e-filing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
I sent the following documents for AP E-Filing

Covering Letter from E-Filing
2 Passport Photos
Copy of US driverís license as evidence of a photo identity
Photocopy of I-797A (H1-B Approval Notice) as proof of current status
Photocopy of I485 Receipt notice
A letter with explanation demonstrating the circumstances that warrant issuance of Advance Parole.

Hope this helps.
I e-file my AP and I got receipt notice immediately after completion of e-file. And I got the direction on the PDF listed bellow. USCIS clearly mentioned DO NOT send Copy of ID, Photos unless they requested. Thatís why I didn't send any documents to USCIS.

Will you please let me know why you send these documents...? Did you get a request from USCIS or you just send like that...? Please see the red marked directions from USCIS bellow. Thank you.

Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
1) For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the USCIS Form Instructions links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov
2) DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you are submitting.
3) DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
4) DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
5) DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
6) DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice Springflower is just really nice
Default Any body got 2 year Advance Parole from NSC?

Hi,

I got 2 year EAD from NSC in August 2008.

Wanted to apply for Advance Parole (second time).

Is NSC issuing 2 year AP's ?

Wondering if any body got Advance Parole for 2 years from NSC.

Also, I appreciate if any one can share their experince about INFOPASS to get Advance Parole in case of emergency

(if one did not apply for AP & need to travel urgently).

Thenk you for your help!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute

Last update from IV Core about administrative fixes talked about EAD duration being extended to 2 years, but never saw anything about 2 year AP decision (It would have been good though).

I must have missed it, but wondering if there was any USCIS announcement/FAQ out there for the 2 year duration decision?

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 01-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/23/2004
Compare
sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute sirinme has a reputation beyond repute
Default AP e-filing -- question about which service center to file at

Hi, I have a question about which service center to use when e-filing for AP renewal. Here is my situation:

- I live in California, but my I-485 has been rotting in Texas Service Center.
- When e-filing, one of the questions on the USCIS website was which service center my I-485 application has been pending at. I answered it as Texas Service Center, and went through with rest of the e-filing process.
- After submitting the form, I got the receipt number that starts with "SRC", which I am assuming ties my application with Texas Service Center. The cover letter of the PDF (which was generated right after submission) even said to mail supporting documentation to TSC.

Now, the problem is, I was reading through the instructions for I-131 filing and the PDF (I-131instr.pdf, which I downloaded from USCIS website) says on Page 7 that I should file my AP renewal with Nebraska Service Center, because I am a California resident.

Given that I already filed my AP renewal with Texas Service Center, am I in trouble here? I don't remember the USCIS website asking me or prompting me to file the renewal application with Nebraska Service Center, so I am a bit baffled by how I ended up in this situation. Is there anything I could do to correct it now? Has anyone run into this situation before?

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2009, 05:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rkdownload is a splendid one to behold rkdownload is a splendid one to behold rkdownload is a splendid one to behold rkdownload is a splendid one to behold rkdownload is a splendid one to behold rkdownload is a splendid one to behold
Default AP Filing questions

We moved to Florida from California last week. Did AR-11 yesterday. We are about to file AP, our I-485 is pending at NSC but Florida comes under TSC.

So not sure where to send our application.

Intending to send following supporting documents.

1. 2 PP Size photos
2. EAD copy as we switched from H1B to EAD
3. I-485 receipts.

Should we include any additional docs like Copy of your previously issued AP or passport copy (1st ,2nd page and last 2 pages) or Last expired I-94 copy.

Any advise would be of great help.

Thanks
Raj

Old 02-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute ajay has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Do it online

It is better you do it online and mention that you have pending 485 in NSC. I don't think Fl has anything to do with your place of sending.

Once you file online you can get a print out of it for your reference after you pay and USCIS will send you a receipt notice stating that they received your AP request. If they need any further evidence they would send a letter to do the same. Till then just sit back and check online.

I filed mine online and they sent me a notice saying that they would require my latest passport size photo, which I sent two weeks back and now I can see that it is in process when I check online.

hth

Old 02-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute godspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Comments inline....

Giving suggestion, since i went thru similar situation,i.e moved to a diff state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdownload View Post
We moved to Florida from California last week. Did AR-11 yesterday. We are about to file AP, our I-485 is pending at NSC but Florida comes under TSC.
File AR-11 first, after you see the LUD's(should not take more than 5 businesss days), which means ur new address is acknowledged by USCIS sytem , apply for AP
So not sure where to send our application.
Send to your current residence Service center, i.e. TSC

Intending to send following supporting documents.

1. 2 PP Size photos
2. EAD copy as we switched from H1B to EAD
3. I-485 receipts.

Should we include any additional docs like Copy of your previously issued AP or passport copy (1st ,2nd page and last 2 pages) or Last expired I-94 copy.
4.Old approved AP copies, if any.

Any advise would be of great help.
I did paper filing, it took about 3 weeks to get approved.Hope this helps
Thanks
Raj
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-21-2009, 05:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-17-2007
Compare
kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of
Default E-filing for AP

My question is more regarding USCIS website for e-filing.

I already have an account to monitor my 485/EAD status status.

I was wondering if one needs to create a new account for e-filing

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/04/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough kriskris is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kopguy View Post
My question is more regarding USCIS website for e-filing.

I already have an account to monitor my 485/EAD status status.

I was wondering if one needs to create a new account for e-filing

Thanks in advance.
Yes. You need to create a separate account.
https://efiling.uscis.dhs.gov/efile/

Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-17-2007
Compare
kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of
Default What happened to your AP application

Hi Sreedhar,

Taking courage from the responses of this forum I e-filed for AP today and got an exact reponse as you mention below.

Did you get your AP? how long did it take? Did you send 'Confirmation Receipt' as mentioned in the pdf file after submission? Did you call USCIS for any issues?

Would highly appriciate a feedback on the process.

Regards,
Kopguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedhar View Post
I e-file my AP and I got receipt notice immediately after completion of e-file. And I got the direction on the PDF listed bellow. USCIS clearly mentioned DO NOT send Copy of ID, Photos unless they requested. Thatís why I didn't send any documents to USCIS.

Will you please let me know why you send these documents...? Did you get a request from USCIS or you just send like that...? Please see the red marked directions from USCIS bellow. Thank you.

Next Steps:
Send supporting documentation to the address below, if required.
1) For information on required supporting documentation for this application, see the USCIS Form Instructions links listed at the following Internet address: http://www.uscis.gov
2) DO attach one copy of this Confirmation Receipt as a cover page for the supporting documentation that you are submitting.
3) DO keep the extra copy of the Confirmation Receipt and the copy of the application for your records.
4) DO NOT send a copy of your e-filed application with your supporting documentation.
5) DO NOT include any applications or fees with your supporting documentation for this e-filed application.
6) DO NOT mail photos or copies of identification unless requested to do so by USCIS.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts krupa is infamous around these parts
Default What happened to your AP application

Need to send the following documents in addition to confirmation receipt.

1. Driviling Licence xerox copy or Passport copy first page xerox copy
2.I 797 action notice for your 485 application to prove your 485 is pending
3. Two passport size photos
4. confirmation receipt

This information available in I 131 form instruction document. If you do not send these , your application may liable for get rejected

Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hydguy1 is infamous around these parts
Default Emergency Advance Parole

Hello everyone,
My brother's marriage has just been settled in India.I need to leave in 3 weeks and just applied for my AP today.I delayed renewing my AP due to financial reasons.Can someone please advise me the best way to expedite my AP as I really want to go the wedding.Thanks!