Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2008
Compare
RiaonH4 is a name known to all RiaonH4 is a name known to all RiaonH4 is a name known to all RiaonH4 is a name known to all RiaonH4 is a name known to all RiaonH4 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiaonH4 View Post
Got this email from NSC (ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov). Not trying to read too much (or anything) out of it but surprised to see a reply (my email to NSC follow up was sent on 12th June)
-Ria
-->
Service records indicate that your alien registration file in to which your adjustment of status application has been consolidated is with an officer. I am unable to predict when the officer will make a decision on your application or when or if you will receive your Permanent Resident Card. If you have not received your document, a decision or other notice of action within 30 days of the date of this response then you may place an inquiry by phoning 800-375-5283 after that period of time has elapsed. Because your spouse is over 21 years of age I am unable to provide you with information regarding his application. For that reason a separate response has been sent to his address of record.

Nebraska Service Center / EX0052
Today my spouse received similar snail mail letter with same text as above from EX0052 as well. I just wanted to share this with you all.

-Ria
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default All B/S - all are stall tactics...

If anyone OR any avenue can bring any resolution to our cases is Congressman follow up... I started it last Thursday and they told me to remind them after 15 days so that they follow up to make sure that NSC is still respecting the 1 month deadline.

Dont send NSC any more email or letter or phonecall - they have a standard B/S response for everything so that they dont have to do the job quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowwin View Post
Diptam,

Here's another flavour of standard replies from NSC. By the way the reply was undersigned bu USCIS NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER EX0357.

I sent the interfile request through attorney on July 1st and a week later emailed them. Then a week later, I called Customer service nd talked to a level 2 officer. she said my case was upgraded to EB2 and assigned to an adjudication officer. I called two days later and another level 2 officer said that it was upgraded to EB2 and waiting for adjudication. AND I received the response to email from NSC as below.

I also received emails from TSC saying all the files are with NSC another TSC email explained the procedure to raise an SR. At this point I am confused.

slowwin

Old 08-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future lvinaykumar has a brilliant future
Unhappy

Thanks ivchicago,

We still did not receive the biometrics notice, Planning to call and if possible open a SR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivchicago View Post
We submitted the application to reach on July 1. Recieved receipt notice on July 13. Recieved biometrics notice on July 23 for Aug 9.
+ Donation
-----------------------
Arrived Aug 14th 1999
Working from 2003
PD Feb 2007
I-485 Applied:08/02/07
I-485 Approval revived: Aug 14th 2011

GREENED after 12 years

Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Response to my I-140 porting request

Dear Friends,

My EB2 I-140 was approved with new PD (instead of old EB3 PD). My lawyer contacted USCIS to get this corrected around July 12.

Today, the case status on my approved EB2 I-140 reads as follows on the USCIS website.

"On July 27, 2011, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our LINCOLN, NE location. If this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

Any idea what this means?. Does this mean the EB3 PD is ported to EB2?.

Thanks.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2008
Compare
gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute gcappl has a reputation beyond repute
Default PD on I140 ported

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcappl View Post
Dear Friends,

My EB2 I-140 was approved with new PD (instead of old EB3 PD). My lawyer contacted USCIS to get this corrected around July 12.

Today, the case status on my approved EB2 I-140 reads as follows on the USCIS website.

"On July 27, 2011, an amended notice on this case was mailed describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on the notice. This case is being processed at our LINCOLN, NE location. If this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER is still pending, you will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283"

Any idea what this means?. Does this mean the EB3 PD is ported to EB2?.

Thanks.
I am very happy to say that my old EB3 PD has been ported to new EB2 I-140.

Old 08-01-2011, 06:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold gcmangtai is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pal351 View Post
Hi gcmangtai,
we got this reporsnse today, for the email we sent on 15th July.

Good morning,

Your file has been requested and will be forwarded, along with a copy of your e-mail requesting to adjust based on your approved I-140: LIN07XXXXXXXX, to a supervisor for review and assignment to an officer. We have no specific time frame as to how long this might take. If you do not receive a notice of action or other information on your case within 60 days from the date of this message, please contact us for updates.
Regards,
USCIS Nebraska Service Center
EX0357

My question is is this generic message? and also i was contacted the Congress woman yesterday, they are ready to do congressional help. Shall i go ahead with that or i need to wait some time before approching congressional help. please share your thoughts.

Note: We sent interfiled request, with my wife's approved Eb2 I-140 with Dec'06 PD.

Thanks.
Hey pal351,

Diptam has already answered your question I guess. My case was @TSC and my experience with TSC folks had been pretty good. In either ways, my 2 cents which I got it from this forum was to try reaching service center through all possible avenues and one of them wud work for you. Good Luck.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/14/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold Prashant is a splendid one to behold
Default "greened"

Finally, me too, "GREENED".

Here is brief summary of my details:
PD : JAN 2004
EB3 -> EB2 (Same Employer)
EB3 I-140 approved in May 2005
EB2 I-140 approved on June 21, 2011 with old PD
SR - Opened on June 28 2011-> response, wait for 6 months
Congressional Enquiry - July 28, 2011 -> No resposne yet.
Called L2 a number of times:
(On July 29 an L2 said that my case has been assigned to an officer on July 20, 2011, expect a decision in no more that 30 days. An officer on one of my calls took time and explianed to me that all the L2 calls are not the same, you can get to L2's at different centers and if you happen to get to an L2 at the center your case is pending, you can get a lot more information. I beleive my last call to L2 on July 29 went to TSC, for all the earlier calls L2's said they do not have info on my case)

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production email @ 6 PM
Your Case Status: Decision email @ 8:45 PM
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production email again @ 9:30 PM

Long journey, I sincerely pray and wish all the best for fellow porters. The good news is on the way, hold on tight.

Regards,
Dexter

Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Prashant, enjoy the freedom. Thanks for sharing your summary.

Please do check upon you friends here from time to time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant View Post

(On July 29 an L2 said that my case has been assigned to an officer on July 20, 2011, expect a decision in no more that 30 days. An officer on one of my calls took time and explianed to me that all the L2 calls are not the same, you can get to L2's at different centers and if you happen to get to an L2 at the center your case is pending, you can get a lot more information. I beleive my last call to L2 on July 29 went to TSC, for all the earlier calls L2's said they do not have info on my case)

Long journey, I sincerely pray and wish all the best for fellow porters. The good news is on the way, hold on tight.

Regards,
Dexter

Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcstruggle is on a distinguished road
Default FP yesterday

My new 140 got approved on July 1st with old PD (april 2004). Attorney sent interfile letter on July 7th. Got FP notice for yesterday August 2nd. Will there be a soft LUD on my case, if so how long do I wait?

I called customer service on July 13th and 15th. On 13th SR was created, the email response to the SR was useless and on the 15th the L2 officer could not give me any details. Will try again today.

Good luck to all the people waiting.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Prashant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prashant View Post

Regards,
Dexter

Old 08-03-2011, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute gcandgc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Can you let me know what is A#

Hi Satyachowdary
CAn you please let me know what is A# in the below mentioned email template?
thanks in advance for your help.
Quote:
Originally Posted by satyachowdary View Post
My new EB2 140 is approved with new date, so I sent following email to EBupdate.tsc@dhs.gov on 05/18 and my case is approved on 05/25. You don't have to wait until new I-140 is ported with old 140 date, the following email worked for me.

In the subject line, put : I-485 Multiple I-140s

Body of the email :

Dear Sir/Madam
I request you to kindly approve my pending I 485 case with new approved EB-2 (SRCXXXXXXXXXX) I-140. My I 485 was originally filed with EB-3 (LINXXXXXXXXXX). As per Pearson memo I am eligible to take advantage of priority date from EB3 to EB2.
Please contact me if you need any other information.

My case receipt numbers:
EB-3 : Receipt# LINXXXXXXXXXX with Priority Date XX/XX/2004
EB-2 : Receipt# SRCXXXXXXXXXX with Priority Date XX/XX/2011
I-485: Receipt# SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Primary details:
First name :
Last name :
A# :
485 receipt number :

Spouse Details:
First name :
Last name :
A# :
485 receipt number :

Thanking you

Sincerely,
Name
Address
Ph No :
Email :

Old 08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumar1801 is infamous around these parts kumar1801 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcandgc View Post
Hi Satyachowdary
CAn you please let me know what is A# in the below mentioned email template?
thanks in advance for your help.

A number is Alien Number.
You will get that when once files for the I 1485 application.
It is on top of the I 485 receipt.

Hope that helps

Old 08-04-2011, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gcstruggle is on a distinguished road
Default NSC/TSC email response

I received email responses for my enquiry from NSC and TSC yesterday. NSC responsded saying that they will have a supervisor pull the file and take a look and TSC responsded that my I140 will be consolidated with my 485.
Not sure what to make of this response (nothing concrete). So this morning i called the customer service and had them transfer to level 2 officer and he was of no use. All he said was that since my interfile letter was sent on July 7th it is too soon to call, i have to wait 45-90 day before i call. He also advised me to call my attorney and enquire. I am so frustrated.

Old 08-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/22/2007
Compare
pal351 has a spectacular aura about pal351 has a spectacular aura about
Default Assigned to officer

Hi diptam,

Did anybody ever told by level2 rep. "your case assigned to officer" ?.

One of my friends called today, he is also in the same(Interfile) boat was told by an officer that his case was assigned to an officer today. is that any good news or this is also generic answerr?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diptam View Post
If anyone OR any avenue can bring any resolution to our cases is Congressman follow up... I started it last Thursday and they told me to remind them after 15 days so that they follow up to make sure that NSC is still respecting the 1 month deadline.

Dont send NSC any more email or letter or phonecall - they have a standard B/S response for everything so that they dont have to do the job quickly.

Old 08-05-2011, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
rishub1111 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiaonH4 View Post
Today my spouse received similar snail mail letter with same text as above from EX0052 as well. I just wanted to share this with you all.

-Service records indicate that your alien registration file in to which your adjustment of status application has been consolidated is with an officer. I am unable to predict when the officer will make a decision on your application or when or if you will receive your Permanent Resident Card. If you have not received your document, a decision or other notice of action within 30 days of the date of this response then you may place an inquiry by phoning 800-375-5283 after that period of time has elapsed.-
-Ria
Ria - Did you receive any further updates after 07/26 or just waiting after that response you received? i am in the same boat..