Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Labor Certification Stage > PERM Processing
Click to log in with Facebook
PERM Processing Labor processing through PERM

Old 02-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RajForGC is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

Thank you all for response and suggestions, my company and attorney is already in Process of filling 2nd PERM for EB2 with different postion, I talked with my attoreny yesterday and told him about possibility of AUDIT, he told me :not to worry about it: we have all of the docs and reason to apply 2nd PERM without withdrawing 1st Approved PERM for EB3. So he said nothing to loose from our side, if audited then matter of time.
Thanks Again
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-22-2007, 08:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cshen is on a distinguished road
Default PERM LC Data

There is new data available regarding the PERM LC data, like how many PERM has been approved so far, I have tried to copy and and paste, but could not make it work. To sum it up, it is very bad for indian born applicants, while China Mainland is not too bad, since they have far few people in line comaring to Indians.
I can find the link for you guys. It is seems with any policies changes, it will be decades for Indian priority date to be surrent.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute redcard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshen
There is new data available regarding the PERM LC data, like how many PERM has been approved so far, I have tried to copy and and paste, but could not make it work. To sum it up, it is very bad for indian born applicants, while China Mainland is not too bad, since they have far few people in line comaring to Indians.
I can find the link for you guys. It is seems with any policies changes, it will be decades for Indian priority date to be surrent.
If you can please post the link..it will be great!!!!!

and also explain why do you feel it bad for India..

Old 02-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cshen is on a distinguished road
Default Here is the link

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/CasePerm.aspx

Old 02-28-2007, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default after this???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdforgc
The first step you should get your employer to do is to file a job order in the state job bank or americas job bank. You have to keep this ad for 30 days and then wait another 30 days to file PERM. This is the longest time. All other forms of recruitment needs to wait only 30 days and you can file PERM on the 31st day. There is no mention of working days or weekends, it is 30 continuous days. As you know in addition to this job bank order, and two Sunday newspaper ads, there has to be three other forms of recruitment before you can file PERM. If your employer and lawyer are really proactive it will only take 60 days to file PERM from start to finish. You also have to get a prevailing wage determination and post it at your job site for 10 days not including holidays and weekends. Hope this helps. Please contribute and incrase the membership of IV for the good of all of us.
after the jobs ads and waiting period (30 + 30 days) how long does it take for the perm approval to come thru. Can anyone who got their labour in perm update the complete sequence of process from start to end?? I appreciate their time in advance.

Old 02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Compare
andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro
after the jobs ads and waiting period (30 + 30 days) how long does it take for the perm approval to come thru. Can anyone who got their labour in perm update the complete sequence of process from start to end?? I appreciate their time in advance.
After this waiting period, PERM was filed 9 days later KAPOON(approved)

andy

Old 02-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute eb3retro has a reputation beyond repute
Default Thanks Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy garcia
After this waiting period, PERM was filed 9 days later KAPOON(approved)

andy
thanks andy. I am planning to use old PD , since I have a previously approved labour from EB3 ( i am trying for eb2 this time) do I need the original copy of the I-140 approval from my old employer? thanks.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Compare
andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of andy garcia has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3retro
thanks andy. I am planning to use old PD , since I have a previously approved labour from EB3 ( i am trying for eb2 this time) do I need the original copy of the I-140 approval from my old employer? thanks.
This is taken from one of the Bulletins issued by the CIS.

Determining the priority date: Under INA § 203(f), immigrant visas are available in the order in which the underlying visa petition was filed. The “priority date” determines an alien’s “place in line.” For EB-1immigrants, the priority date is the date the employer files the Form I-140 with USCIS. For EB-2 and EB-3 immigrants, the priority date is the date the employer applies for the labor certification, if an individual labor certification is required. If an individual labor certification is not required, the priority date is the date the employer files the Form I-140 with USCIS. If the alien is the beneficiary of more than one Form I-140, the priority date for EACH Form I-140 is the priority date for the earliest Form I-140.

I think that all you need is a copy of the I-140 approval.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/14/2007
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
GoneSouth will become famous soon enough

Average time to get certified in last one year for EB2 Chicago = 34 days
Average time to get certified in last one year for EB2 Atlanta = 84 days

- gs

Old 02-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Default Thanks guys..

As always IV members rock..

Old 02-28-2007, 09:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Took me 11 days to get approval

My employer filed my EB3 PERM on 65th day after starting the process with a job bank posting, and after filing with DOL it took 11 days for the lawyer to receive the approval.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold lonedesi is a splendid one to behold
Default Advertising

Should the ad have to be placed at State work agency ONLY for 60 days or is there any other place it can be substituted for? Since the State workagency website is down and they are not sure when its going to be up and running is there a possibility that I can some other means instead of the SWA? Any responses would be appreciated.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2003
Compare
willgetgc2005 is on a distinguished road
Default PERM Issues

mdforgc and other PERM gurus,

Please help.

I am in the process of filing PERM. Ads have been placed etc and all the
formalities completed. Now, we are at a stage where the forms have to be prepared, signed and submitted. However, i am very unhappy with my attorney. He is unethical and i am afraid he will screw me up. So here are the questions

1) At this stage ( not yet filed PERM) but on the verge of filing, is it possible to change attorney or is the job order etc specific to the Attorney.

2) In form ETA -9089, in the Alien Work Experince section, it says to give the name of the aliens supervisor and the employers phone number.

MY attorney says this is not required. Any thought on this. Did your forms mention this ?

3) I am afraid my Attorney will deliberately mess up the form. What should I watch out for in the form before signing on it ?

4) IS there any redressal system at all in this country for Attorney Malpractice ? Anyone taken this route before ?

Guys, please help me as I have to take a qucik decision.

Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdforgc
The first step you should get your employer to do is to file a job order in the state job bank or americas job bank. You have to keep this ad for 30 days and then wait another 30 days to file PERM. This is the longest time. All other forms of recruitment needs to wait only 30 days and you can file PERM on the 31st day. There is no mention of working days or weekends, it is 30 continuous days. As you know in addition to this job bank order, and two Sunday newspaper ads, there has to be three other forms of recruitment before you can file PERM. If your employer and lawyer are really proactive it will only take 60 days to file PERM from start to finish. You also have to get a prevailing wage determination and post it at your job site for 10 days not including holidays and weekends. Hope this helps. Please contribute and incrase the membership of IV for the good of all of us.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2003
Compare
willgetgc2005 is on a distinguished road

Guys,

Any response ?

Old 03-01-2007, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/14/2007
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
GoneSouth will become famous soon enough

I'd would definitely schedule a consult with another attorney. There is nothing that ties you to this particular attorney prior to the actual filing. I highly recommend getting a local attorney (same state as your employment location), they will be more familiar with state labor agency idiosyncrasies. Make sure to get a recommendation from a friend or colleague, don't pick a name out of the phone book or take your employer's recommendation.