Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 01-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute
Default You're fired, next week

Hi ALL,

Here is idea. It can happen to you next week, sorry, but its possible.

Lets say you lost your job next Friday (usually Fridays right). And getting your next job will take you another 6 months, if lucky.
What will you do. Will you start pressing a panic button to push for reducing EB2/3 backlogs. Will you write to Obama and team then?.Will you start looking at expert atttorneys spending 1000s of $s. Will you have to return back??.

I know some of us are unfortunate to be in the situation, not me, but who knows??.

So, can we just imagine to be in such a situation and bring more and more attention to the new goverment. Just imagine you lost your job and in despair.
Start writing. Dont just dream for the 11th or 13th for VB dates. Lets put some action.
Sorry if I sound depressing, but lets act before its too late..

Last edited by sri1309; 01-10-2009 at 04:14 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all

threat of losing your job is very high..as every prediction says its going to be more bad..

i come here every hr to see any updates or news... but dont write as not sure what effect can we make..obama is more pressed with economic recovery and more immigrants are not what they want..but still i am optimistic with S9 bill intoduced
I485 file jul16 2007

Old 01-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute hopefulgc has a reputation beyond repute

good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri1309 View Post
Hi ALL,

Here is idea. It can happen to you next week, sorry, but its possible.

Lets say you lost your job next Friday (usually Fridays right). And getting your next job will take you another 6 months, if lucky.
What will you do. Will you start pressing a panic button to push for reducing EB2/3 backlogs. Will you write to Obama and team then?.

I know some of us are unfortunate to be in the situation, not me, but who knows??.

So, can we just imagine to be in such a situation and bring more and more attention to the new goverment. Just act as if you lost your job and in despair.
Start writing. Dont just dream for the 11th or 13th for VB dates. Lets put some action.
Sorry if I sound depressing, but lets act before its too late..
Approved on 9/9/9
FL chapter: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FL_Immigration_Voice
$100 through Google Order, Plus supported almost all campaigns big and small
-:- from one great country to another
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoiceThank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute sri1309 has a reputation beyond repute

We need more attention. Economy and all., they are going to be there, but I am sure US doesnt want to loose by delaying it. These are our years where we can contribute. They dont want to send some of us back and invite us at 55-60 years as dependents on our citizen children.
Lets please not wait till the bad thing happens.. Lets imagine to be in, and act to prevent it..
BTW, when is the next bulletin coming out .
Yes, you're fired next week,... for some reason not in anyone's control.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute Vsach has a reputation beyond repute
Question Core MIA?

Core maintaining a low profie?

Old 01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of arunmohan has much to be proud of
Default This is a very scary time

I agree with sri1309. This is very very scary time. We need a special attention right now. Right now no one is sure that he will have his job tomorrow.

We need to send a letter to Obama, Homeland Security Secretary and Ombudsman. Someone can take a lead to prepare a letter and that letter should be approved by IV.

It is really important for us to take a decison by IV core because this is really a very bad time.

Thanks in advance.
Filed Labor first time in Jan 2001(EB2) but dot com bubble destroyed it.

Old 01-11-2009, 10:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitu72 View Post
threat of losing your job is very high..as every prediction says its going to be more bad..

i come here every hr to see any updates or news... but dont write as not sure what effect can we make..obama is more pressed with economic recovery and more immigrants are not what they want..but still i am optimistic with S9 bill intoduced

I think we must not just wait for someone to take lead, but we must do it ourselves. We can spread the message to as many as we can. I think spending a few min a day isnt a bad idea afterall to get the attention. I read 500,000 are waiting, but where are the votes, when I login to obama site recently. At the most I could see 160-200 votes for some questions. I told three of my friends who didnt even know that the site existed. Pathetic.
Unlesss all raise their voices, it will not be heard.. Dont wait for others for templates. Write your own stories, mention we are legal, paying taxes for 5-10 years, long waiting, can buy house, and if denied we can go back with Citizen children, and will return back after 10-15 years when kids sponsor, to consume social sec, medicare, etc.. and that we can create jobs. write ur own story, do mention we are from INdia and Eb2/3.

Dont feel surprised to hear next week "I am sorry, but company isnt doing very well and we are not getting projects as expected, we like you for being with us for 5 years, but YOU'RE FIRED, in two weeks.. I have no money to pay. You will also loose your medical insurance. And as per law, I must cancel your H1 visa. "

Yes, now you have enof time to really worry about and bring attention as you dont have a job and money.

Last edited by sri1309; 01-11-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/19/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Default How many of us lost a job in the last one month..

Guys,

I just wanted to see if I can make a point with my thread and hence gather some support for the common cause,. ease the pain for EB2/EB3 guys.

I started this thread a month back. So how many of you, or those you know, lost their jobs in the last one month. Just a study. And wanted to press on the same point as the 1st post I did.
If you had lost a job, would you do more now to high light our problems..and participate more.. ??

Old 02-11-2009, 11:50 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute HawaldarNaik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Participate where and what is the roadmap

Your last message says would u do more ? would you participate ?

I lost my job in December but was lucky enough to get back on a project within two weeks. What i find about this post is that it is a strange way of trying to get attention, and attention for what, do you or have you an idea or a roadmap to address the issue ?
What does participation mean
Going for some march or peaceful rally that does nothing or very little
come on wake up and start suggesting ways of addressing this and we will be more than willing to participate

Lets talk of productivity not activity where people just send emails or calls etc etc that leads to no where, what we want is a good solid recognition of the fact that the world is a golbal village and productive resources should have a easier path to stay anywhere in the world

By the way without mincing words and with no malice to you...this heading of yours is really an incorrect way of drawing attention cause i know a lot of my friends who have been laid off now for more than two to three months and have been in the US, more than i have i.e. over 8 to 10 years and are still waiting for a GC and have nowhere to go and beleive me are in a very bad shape, emotionally and financially....

So in short either Lead the way with good suggetions/options rather than gathering people and money that leads to nothing and nowhere and only takes 2 leaps forward and 4 leaps backward (in terms of immigration reforms)

Last edited by HawaldarNaik; 02-11-2009 at 11:53 PM.