Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/09/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
acruix is on a distinguished road
Default Alert Congress

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/soapbox/
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-05-2007, 11:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough mallickarjunreddy is a jewel in the rough
Default if you are not loyal to your birth country

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhereIsTheCard
Its funny how you are bashing Americans. Back where I come from there were riots and violence (shiv sena anybody) because people from one part of the SAME country were taking jobs there. American is very tolerant compared to many other countries, learn to appretiate that. And about US made up of immigrants, the same can be said about every country, humans originated in somewhere in Africa. If I was an American I wound't want to have someone who bad mouths me every time so adjust your attitude.

if you are not loyal to your birth country , then how can America
trust you to be loyal to theirs . and did (shiva sena ) kill some one from your family .. for you to say that there were riots and violence ,or were u a slient spectator and are telling this as hearsay

Last edited by mallickarjunreddy; 07-05-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future abracadabra has a brilliant future
Default On Congress.org website

http://www.congress.org/congressorg/...ua_congressorg

Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
GC_sufferer is on a distinguished road
Default Just received a reply from CIS Ombudsman

Thank you for contacting the CIS Ombudsman regarding the recent USCIS announcement that it will reject applications to adjust status (I-485) filed by foreign nationals whose priority dates are not current under the revised Department of State (DOS) July Bulletin. For additional detail on the USCIS and DOS announcements, please see the two links below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...etin2Jul07.pdf
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3263.html

Please also see the Ombudsman’s discussion of this issue in the office’s 2006 and 2007 Annual Reports at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Thank you again for contacting the Ombudsman. We have noted your concerns and will continue our mission of assisting individuals and employers with problems encountered with USCIS.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman

Old 07-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_sufferer
Thank you for contacting the CIS Ombudsman regarding the recent USCIS announcement that it will reject applications to adjust status (I-485) filed by foreign nationals whose priority dates are not current under the revised Department of State (DOS) July Bulletin. For additional detail on the USCIS and DOS announcements, please see the two links below.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrele...etin2Jul07.pdf
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3263.html

Please also see the Ombudsman’s discussion of this issue in the office’s 2006 and 2007 Annual Reports at www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Thank you again for contacting the Ombudsman. We have noted your concerns and will continue our mission of assisting individuals and employers with problems encountered with USCIS.

Sincerely,

Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman
US Department of Homeland Security
Mail Stop 1225
Washington, D.C. 20528-1225
Email: cisombudsman@dhs.gov
Web: http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman
They are referring back to the same notices (for additional info) that we are complaining of. WOW how creative.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute

Emailing the OMBUDSMAN yields nothing really except a standard templatized email reply

Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice tikka is just really nice
Default Reversal Frustrates Green-Card Applicants

http://digg.com/politics/Reversal_Fr...ard_Applicants

PLEASE DIGG

Old 07-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough sands_14 is a jewel in the rough
Default It sucks!!!

Did the Senator receive any reply ?If not,taht sucks.
It just means DOS and USCIS do not care about senators,so why will they care for us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rax1
Each one of you guys and gals, send emails to big media outlets such as CNN, ABC, CBS and FOX. In the email, send I-485 story and the following link to Rep Lofgren's statement.

http://lofgren.house.gov/PRArticle.aspx?NewsID=1808

Old 07-05-2007, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

Fellow IV fighters, members. I know, it seems like there is always a target for funds and we dont achieve it. Well! that is not true, we set a new target when the first one is achieved.
Funds, There are more ideas than funds. For every new campaign, plan, we need funds. So it is an ever needed commodity. The reason so many of us are so very aggresive is that we just need more funds, plain and simple.
Inspite of several hundreds contributing, it is not enough. But we will soon reach a day when we would be okay, (given a lot of us/you, sign up for a recurring contribution).
Trusting IV with funds is a major stumbling block, but remember IV is a non-profit, so every "naya-paisa" (penny) is accounted for.
People handling money (core IV) are sincere, honest hardworking people on work-visas, they have much to lose from not being accountable.
And the most important thing is, please take a look at these hard-working IV CORE PEOPLE, please. Some of them have put thousands of dollars (I mean 5 and ten thousand) into this effort. I am not counting personal expenses, travelling to DC, lost work hours etc.
So your $100 at the bowling arena wont get you much farther, but contribute it to IV to get your way ahead paved and bull-dozed over.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all map_boiler is a name known to all

Made my first financial contribution to IV today. I believe now is the time for action, on multiple fronts...and am ready to do some serious volunteer work for IV. Who should I talk to?

Also, any IV members from Utah? I live in the Salt Lake valley area.

Old 07-05-2007, 02:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light jonty_11 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by map_boiler
Made my first financial contribution to IV today. I believe now is the time for action, on multiple fronts...and am ready to do some serious volunteer work for IV. Who should I talk to?

IV has a contact number on the home page, you can call them up and sign up. Click on "CONtact US" on the top of this page

Old 07-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

The first thing you can do is write to Senator Orrin G Hatch. He's the chairman of judiciary committee in the Senate, and is Senator from Utah. I sent him fax on 3rd of july but probably won't make any mark as I'm not in his constituency.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Plight of legal immigrants - digg it

Please digg this article:

http://www.digg.com/software/Plight_...Immigrants/who

Old 07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold
Default Well done

I know you took your own time and finally decided to contribute to IV.. I am very glad that you did your first contribution. I am sure you must be feeling good. If you can please try to get in touch with your congressman and get his/her appointment. Then you can prepare for your meeting.. Others can help you with getting ready.

Thank you.

Quote:

Old 07-05-2007, 03:06 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts
Thumbs up All can file I-485

All can file I-485 now. please go through this link.
http://www.murthy.com

Closed Thread