Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 10:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus
Passing a legislation is not easy at all.. Didn't we just noticed that with CIR?
Kennedy, Durbin, Lamar Smith, you name it the whole pack of ........wil be back in action...won't let it slide.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
smc will become famous soon enough smc will become famous soon enough

The CIR was a comprehensive bill that impacted and would have changed several aspects of immigration into this country. (Points system vs family based, Z-visas, etc.) Part of the reason it failed was because several people thought of the bill as providing amnesty to illegals.

This would be a much smaller modification and could be appended to one of the appropriation bills. (Not a change, just recapturing previous years unused numbers). I believe this has been done once before during the Clinton years, but am not sure exactly when.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
gagbag is infamous around these parts gagbag is infamous around these parts
Thumbs down Wrong Advice !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdqwe2k
You really misunderstood me.. I have two reasons for my negative posts..

1. You can be part of the lawsuit, if you filed your I-485.. If you filed then I don't mind.. I am not against anyone filing I-485 for the case of lawsuit. But, if you are going file your I-485 in next one month, and if your file gets stuck with uscis where it takes time to open the cases and send the reply back to, then you will not have enought time to file for Oct 2007.. Just like it happened in Apr 2001, when many got stuck and could not file second labor.. You may not get your I-485 copies back for oct 2007 filing if they become current for some of the countries and some of the members..

2.immigraionvoice.org came into existence even before this fiasco, the main goal was not to file this useless lawsuit and request for more funds for this cause.. It was to give awareness in washington to bring out bills and support bills related to legal immigration.. The lawsuit is going to distract the main goal and resource for this..

Now it is upto you to decide why I am being so negative.. I am warning future I-485 filers for this month and current immigrationvoice.org contributers about the above two points..

It seems like you will mind if people file 485 after today....then you will loose your mind very soon.....as a lot of people in hundreds / thousands are doing that.

From preparation perspective we all prepared all the papers in 10 - 15 days and can do it again.

From USCIS perspective you will certainly get your rejections by Oct 07, if not your lawyer can cretainly suggest options to re-file in Oct 07. (Thats only if dates become available, which is probably gonna go back to 2003 or 2002s)

On your second point.....this is an issue about legal immigration...and this website is helping to resolve it..

Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

I think you are forgetting how anti immigrant this congress is. We the legals were torn apart every day in the CIR debate. We started praying for the 'Death of CIR' then how do you think they will pass any good thing for us example Visa number recapture...They want to make things even more difficult for us..
Quote:
Originally Posted by smc
The CIR was a comprehensive bill that impacted and would have changed several aspects of immigration into this country. (Points system vs family based, Z-visas, etc.) Part of the reason it failed was because several people thought of the bill as providing amnesty to illegals.

This would be a much smaller modification and could be appended to one of the appropriation bills. (Not a change, just recapturing previous years unused numbers). I believe this has been done once before during the Clinton years, but am not sure exactly hen.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future DallasBlue has a brilliant future

--

Last edited by DallasBlue; 07-04-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hmmm.... I dont know which group i fall

Personally my PD falls in the borderline - Mar 05 (I was the last Pre-Perm Filer)
So it could either tilt to 2002-03-04 team or may be with Perm-Public from 2005-06-07.

I'm not jealous if Perm public will get 485 app sucked with Pre-perm ( as July Bulletin raised hopes) and i'm all FOR the lawsuit efforts /actions taken by IV
but my concern is if that does not work out ???

a) How Far OCT 2007 bulletin will move forward - by chance if it progress till
DEC2005 do we need to getback the papers from USCIS that we sent on
JULY 2nd for filing a new 485 ??

b) Can't we file a new 485 based on OCT bulletin unless we getback the
mailed papers back ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933
You have raised a very good point. This is, where I-485 filing community is divided into two. The group of people with PD in 2002/2003/2004 are more likely to be current in Oct 2007 and they simply will end up losing 3-4 months for I-485 filing and AC-21 benefit.

On the other hand, people with PD 2005/2006 are likely to be current in 2008/2009, so they will miss I-485 filing by big time and the real benefit of AC-21 (read freedom from employer) goes further in time. That is why July 2007 was golden opportunity for them.

Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of vikki76 has much to be proud of
Default Dugg the comments

Dugged the comments too.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think we can shy away our cause just becoz americans hate Immigration. Americans are exploited for hte cause of loss of workforce. All americans are immigrants. what ever it might be. I agree with constructive way but with media drive or even lawsuit you cant shy away for the fact that some ppl may not like it. Its not a good idea to keep silent at what USCIS does and i dont think we are their mercy after paying heavy fees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhiguy
Excellent

I agree with you 100 % , I believe having excessive media coverage and lawsuits , would bring the GC number and process in the open , and most americans would oppose the GC as they oppose H1B.

If i was a american i would surely be happy with USCIS/DOS creating so much trouble for the immigrants to my country , who i believe are taking my job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramba
Everyone blaming CIS/DOS needs to understand some basics behind this mess. Before going to conclude anything, first, one should read all the ombudsman reports for last 3 or 4 years. Former INS or current USCIS’s functions and operations were not questionable and not known to public till ombudsman office was established. Ombudsman has helped customers and keep helping to improve efficiency of CIS. Ombudsman main concern (or goal) have been over the 4 years are

1. Primarily reducing backlogs in any application type particularly 485 and timely approval of any application.

2. Abolish the need for interim benefits like EAD, AP etc. If they approve 485 in 6 months, then most of us do not require EAD and AP.

3. Reduce the wastage of EB visas, as unused EB visas can not be carried over to next year (use it or lose it). Since 1992, about 200,000 EB visas were lost permanently. In 2003 alone, they issued only 64,000 EB visas and lost 88,000.

The recent report to congress, the ombudsman scolded the CIS left and right for its inefficiency and highlighted how many EB visas were lost for ever, in last 10 years despite the very heavy demand for employment based green cards. Based on his report, both CIS and DOS try to obey the direction of ombudsman and modifying the 485 adjudication procedure. The reason for loss of EB visas in previous years not only due to inefficiency in processing the 485s on time, it is also due to lengthy background check delay by FBI, where USCIS has no control. For example, in 2003 they could approve about 64,000 485s only. It is partially due to USCIS inefficiency and partially due to lengthy FBI check. There are 300,000 (AOS+ Naturalization applicants) cases are pending with FBI for name check. Out of which, about 70,000 cases are pending more than 2 years. Out of 300,000 victims of name check delay, how many are really threat to the country? Perhaps none or may be few! Remember that lot of Indians also victims of name check and all the victims of name check delay already living in USA.

The big problem is the timing when USCIS takes the visa number for a 485 applicant. Till 1982, INS took visa number for a 485 applicant as soon as they receive the application. Visa number assigned to a 485 applicant without processing his/her application. He/She may not be a qualified applicant to approve 485. Still they assign to them. If they found, the applicant is ineligible, they suppose to return the number back to DOS. However, this practice was modified after 1982. USCIS is taking visa number only at the time of approval of 485, after processing the 485 for a lengthy period. For some people, particularly victims of name check, 485 processing time vary between 2 to 5 years. Though, it is a good practice it is not the ideal or efficient process, due to name check delay. Let us assume about 150,000 are victim of name check in 2003. If they assigned all the numbers to these 150,000 applicants at the time they filed 485, the 88,000 visa numbers might have not been lost in 2003. Now what happens, those who filed 485 in 2003 (victim of name check delay) will take EB numbers from 2007 or 2008 quota, if FBI clears his/her file in 2007 or 2008. This will push back those who are going to file 485 in 2007 or 2008.

That why, ombudsman in his 2007 yearly report to Congress recommended to practice the old way of assigning visa number to 485 applicants, to minimize the loss of visa numbers.

Now lets come to July Visa bulletin mess.

Because of tight holding of visa cutoff dates for EB3 and EB2 for the first 8 months of 2007 (From Oct 2006 to May 2007) USCIS approved only 66,000 485s. For the next 4 months they have about 60K to 70K numbers available. If they approve the pending 485s with slower speed or old cut off dates, there is a potential estimated loss of 40,000 EB visas by Sep 2007. Thats why, based on ombudsman recommendation, DOS moved considerably the cut off date for June. When they took inventory in May, there are about 40,000 documentarily qualified 485 applications were pending due to non-availability of visa numbers. The “documentarily qualified 485 applications” mean the application filed long time back and processed by USCIS and cleared the FBI name and criminal check, and found eligible for green card. Apart from 40,000 documentarily qualified 485 applications, there is thousands of 485 applications (documentarily not yet qualified) pending due to name check. When DOS checked with USCIS they found only 40,000 documentarily qualified 485 applications (in all EB categories put together) are pending. However, the available visas are more than 40,000 (60to 70K). Then they made with out consulting properly with USCIS they made “current” for all EB categories. This is how they determine “current” or “over-subscribed” and how they establish cutoff dates.

 If there are sufficient numbers in a particular category to satisfy all reported documentarily qualified demand, the category is considered “Current.”

 Whenever the total of documentarily qualified applicants in a category exceeds the supply of numbers available for allotment for the particular month, the category is considered to be “oversubscribed” and a visa availability cut-off date is established.

There is nothing wrong with DOS to make all categories “current” for a July bulletin as per they definition of demand vs supply estimation to meet the numerical limitations per year. Perhaps the DOS did not aware of other impact of making all categories “current” ie fresh guys entering into I-485 race. Because of “current” there will be additional tons and tons of new filings. The rough estimation is about 500K to 700K new 485s and same amount of EAD and AP applications will be filed in July. But the available number is just 60K, and there are already 40K documentarily qualified 485s are pending more than 6 months to 3 years to take the numbers from remaining 60K pool. That leaves just 20K to fresh 485 filings. If 700K new 485 filed in July, it will choke the system. People have to live only in EAD and AP for next 5 to 10 years.

For example, an EB3-Indian whose LC approved through fast PERM on July 30th 2007, can apply 140 and 485 on July 31st 2007 as per July visa bulletin. For his PD, it will take another 10 years for the approval of 485. During this 10 year period, he/she has to live in EAD and AP and need to go for finger print every 15 month.

Therefore by making “current” for all EB categories is a billion dollar mistake by both DOS and CIS first part.. Another mistake is timing of rectifying mistake. USCIS and DOS and law firms should have discussed immediately about the potential chaos about making current and rectified move the cut-off to reasonable period to accommodate additional 20K 485s. If they modified the VB, with in couple of days after July 13, then there wont be a this much stress, time and wastage of money.

There is nothing wrong in issuing additional advisory notice or modified visa bulletin to control the usage of visa numbers. The only mistake both USCIS and DOS is made is the timing of issuance of modified visa bulletin or advisory notice. It indicates poor transparency in the system and bad customer service. Now, they used all 140K visas this year. Assigning remaining 20K visa numbers to already pending 485s which are not yet documentarily (name check delayed cases) qualified is not the violation of law. It was old practice. In fact, ombudsman recommends it. They have the trump card which is Ombudsman report and recommendations. Therefore they are immune to lawsuit. Therefore, filing the law-suit is not going to help. The only two mistakes I see is 1) making all categories as “current” in June 13 and second is modifying VB only on July 2.

My recommendation is to IV is capitalize the situation in constructive way. Law suit only bring media attention with the expense of money and time. The constructive approach is getting an immediate interim relief by legislation to recapture unused visas in previous years to balance the supply vs demand difference.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
gagbag is infamous around these parts gagbag is infamous around these parts
Default Oct 07 Dates Prediction

I was reviewing the archived Visa bulletin and below is what I see

EB2 EB3
Oct 2006 15 Jun 02 22 Apr 01
Sep 2006 U 15 Apr 01
Aug 2006 U 1 Apr 01
July 2006 1 Jan 03 15 Apr 01

Oct 2005 1 Nov 99 1 Jan 98
Sep 2005 C U
Aug 2005 C U
July 2005 C U
June 2005 C June 02

For last two years dates have always moved backward or close to where they were originally. Only case on moving forward is EB3 by 7 days.

My guess is this is going to continue and we will see OCT 07 EB2 and EB3 dates close to where they were in May or June bulletin or actually behind them. Forward movement is unlikely based on historical trend.

Old 07-04-2007, 11:51 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare
asdqwe2k is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagbag
Quote:
You really misunderstood me.. I have two reasons for my negative posts..

1. You can be part of the lawsuit, if you filed your I-485.. If you filed then I don't mind.. I am not against anyone filing I-485 for the case of lawsuit. But, if you are going file your I-485 in next one month, and if your file gets stuck with uscis where it takes time to open the cases and send the reply back to, then you will not have enought time to file for Oct 2007.. Just like it happened in Apr 2001, when many got stuck and could not file second labor.. You may not get your I-485 copies back for oct 2007 filing if they become current for some of the countries and some of the members..

2.immigraionvoice.org came into existence even before this fiasco, the main goal was not to file this useless lawsuit and request for more funds for this cause.. It was to give awareness in washington to bring out bills and support bills related to legal immigration.. The lawsuit is going to distract the main goal and resource for this..

Now it is upto you to decide why I am being so negative.. I am warning future I-485 filers for this month and current immigrationvoice.org contributers about the above two points..

It seems like you will mind if people file 485 after today....then you will loose your mind very soon.....as a lot of people in hundreds / thousands are doing that.

From preparation perspective we all prepared all the papers in 10 - 15 days and can do it again.

From USCIS perspective you will certainly get your rejections by Oct 07, if not your lawyer can cretainly suggest options to re-file in Oct 07. (Thats only if dates become available, which is probably gonna go back to 2003 or 2002s)

On your second point.....this is an issue about legal immigration...and this website is helping to resolve it..
Sure.. I am here in the forum too.. Lets see how this pans out in next 3 months..

Again, before jumping into lawsuit, you should know that, lawsuits take years and years to get result. And, by that time you will get your GC.. Just like Labor certifications by BEC and PERM Labor..

Old 07-04-2007, 11:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp
If they can process 66000 applications in 15 days, they certainly can just return the apps in 3 months
OK.. Well the applications filed in july will be be around 500K's, and this will be another Apr 2001.. Mark my words..

Old 07-04-2007, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2008
Chargeability
:
Iceland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2008
Compare
ksurjan will become famous soon enough

this a**hole asdqwe2k still commenting negative.

Quote:
Sure.. I am here in the forum too.. Lets see how this pans out in next 3 months..

Again, before jumping into lawsuit, you should know that, lawsuits take years and years to get result. And, by that time you will get your GC.. Just like Labor certifications by BEC and PERM Labor..

Old 07-05-2007, 12:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitha
I see you have picked up a fight with a lot of people with your negative attitude. Please leave this forum. We are already depressed and we dont need people like you picking fights with everybody and being negative.

I assume you have already applied your 485 and you are being negative on others who have missed out on 485 filing because of USCIS mean speritedness. lawsuit is one option to address our grevience and you are trashing it. get out of here. You already have a red dot on your profile which means people like you are not welcome here
If you think I am picking a fight, then I can say you are not seeing the clear picture about a Lawsuit and what you are going to achieve. See all me previous posts you will know why..

Do you think, I care if someone puts a red mark on my profile ? I haven't put on anyone for providing a negative remark against me.. that includes you.. Who cares about red mark..

A Truth is a Truth.. I have seen Apr 2001, have you ? I have seen lawsuit filed by Rajeev Khanna regarding labor adjudications, have you ? Don't you think there was media attention, people like me pitching for faster labor approvals at that time, just like you are doing time ?? There is nothing wrong in trying a lawsuit, but my suggestion is don't get sidetracked, and keep the options open. Try what immigrationvoice.org came into existance for, use the resources, funds and time for what can be tried and is worth it. Like bringing out smaller legal bills for increasing GC numbers, now that CIR is dead..

Old 07-05-2007, 12:04 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Mr./Mrs asdqwe2k ,

The good suggestion for you since you have no route to take better you take start packing things and go to india or whereever u belong to. Since you are good for nothing this is the best approach for you rather wasting your time for 3 months thinking of what happens. Let all of rest of us fight for the justice and let it take years to come , we can face and we are determined as never before to rise against this injustice in what ever way we can leaving the outcome to god.

To just remind there are also cases a seperate injection order is always passed in timesensitive cases rather than waiting for FINAL outcome. As in cases of members fighting for Lawsuit i dont think anyone is expecting a judgment in near future ( 1 month or so ) we are all educated and pretty aware of US system.

I dont know what your status is but if you think you can get bills done and i would say you are rather DAY dreaming. Stop giving this BS.

thanks for all your valued concerns to us.

Old 07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksurjan
this a**hole asdqwe2k still commenting negative.

Thats all you can do ?

Closed Thread