Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 05:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Diggggggggg

Please digg the articles and individual comments. A lot of anti-immigrants sitting out there are saying it's a game for us - so shall it be then. Please come out and show them we are capable of winning. We gotta get some attention!
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-04-2007, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about satishku_2000 has a spectacular aura about
Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdqwe2k
if that is true, then there is absolutely no reason to stop anyone from filing I-485 at any time.. why, will there be a visa bulletin and restrict which category, which country and when to file ??

Finally you are asking right questions. As far as I know it is messy rules created by USCIS ...

VISA numbers are consumed at the time of adjudication of 485 applications. I refer you to read the ombudsman report issued in last month how USCIS was slow in processing 485 applications and he predicted 40000 visa numbers would go waste etc...

Old 07-04-2007, 05:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute
Angry

One quick question for you all : There are confirmed reports that people whose dates are current ( even their applications were applied in 2004) as per July visa bulletin are getting approvals. Rest of all this is rediculuous if they dont have visa numbers avail how can this happen. if so isnt this enough of proof of wrong doing for any court/Congress to take action agianst USCIS and atleast to believe something happened wrong?

This proves :

1. They have visa numbers excess to adjudicate
2. They violated DOS interim order of July VB
3. They violated basic rules of allocating visas to cases whose dates are not current
4. if they say ok this happened by mistake then they have to revisit visa bulletin for sure.

Also its clear that USCIS is NOT returning applications it received on JULY 2. I dont know whatz their motto is , may be some members will come back to me saying thats not true they are going to return but its said they are not going to return them for now as USCIS customer service.

I dont know that the **** is going on with this agency , they deserve a check this time even if point 1 is proven wrong they should accept applications as per visa bulletin.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare
asdqwe2k is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by satishku_2000
Finally you are asking right questions. As far as I know it is messy rules created by USCIS ...

VISA numbers are consumed at the time of adjudication of 485 applications. I refer you to read the ombudsman report issued in last month how USCIS was slow in processing 485 applications and he predicted 40000 visa numbers would go waste etc...

Well then definetly it means, when they moved the dates in June1-30, they recieved probably 40k applications. and so they wanted to stop accepting applications in july..

May be they only recieved only 5-10k applications in till june 15th, and they had still 30-40k to use, and so made current for everyone from July 1st in June 15th visa bulletin. But, then within last 2 weeks, they may have recieved flood of applications from June filers. As you know, the lawyers take time to file , getting documents, etc.. How difficult is this to understand..

With last 2 weeks panic number of applications in june, they thought of taking unprecedented action of moving the dates back on july 2..

Old 07-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Canadianindian will become famous soon enough Canadianindian will become famous soon enough
Default Anti Americans are Burying individual articles. Please Please dig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygy
Please

digg on this article. These getting into lead very soon and right now we are being overpowered by anti immigrants. We need to show them our power !

http://digg.com/politics/No_July_4th...ture_Americans
Anti Americans are Burying individual articles. Please Please dig. Doesn't take any time. And, add responses to articles that are burying this article.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:56 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Doesn't make sense

Quote:
I heard most of the lawyers advicing not to, but, if you do, it is upto you with a charge of course.. They are saying that will help in filing lawsuit..

But, again who knows what will be the result of lawsuit, it is a risk whoever wants to take.. Not, every lawyer is going to be filing his/her own lawsuit, there may be one by AILA..
---
"I heard most of the lawyers advicing not to, but, if you do, it is upto you with a charge of course.. " Can you support your statement with facts? If AILA is filing a lawsuit against USCIS that means most attorneys will be saying opposite to what you mention.

Also, it is sad to see someone join this forum and post like ten posts opposing IV's agenda. Some dedicated members are crying hoarse for support on media drive for monetary contribution and other issues and here comes Mr Unemotional, who wants to discourage others.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
---
"I heard most of the lawyers advicing not to, but, if you do, it is upto you with a charge of course.. " Can you support your statement with facts? If AILA is filing a lawsuit against USCIS that means most attorneys will be saying opposite to what you mention.

Also, it is sad to see someone join this forum and post like ten posts opposing IV's agenda. Some dedicated members are crying hoarse for support on media drive for monetary contribution and other issues and here comes Mr Unemotional, who wants to discourage others.
Please check the postings in this thread.. Murthy, shusterman, Rajeev s khanna all adviced.. Here is one of this links..

Q. Can we file a lawsuit?
A. Here is a legal answer as I see it. I hope I am proven wrong. I will elaborate further in our conference call. In my view, the lawsuit has a slim chance of succeess, but not in DC circuit. Our circuit is not likely to interfere with the exec easily. The strongest point is that govt. is changing a long standing practice, which requires rule-making under APA. The govt. will, of course, argue that they have issued amendments in the past and that this practice does not affect substantive rights. That would probably fly in the face of AC21 portability benefit which is, no doubt a substantive right.

Mootness is not a problem usually, because in a putative class action, we can always add more plaintiffs. Also, there are exceptions to mootness that could see a suit through.

I have not looked at the issues in great detail. Nevertheless, I think, the biggest problem is, if we dont get a hearing and an order within the month of July, the Court may have to dismiss the suit for inabaility to order relief (against the statute). This situation has occurred many, many times in the context of DV lottery cases.

PS We are highly unlikely to recover damages.

http://www.immigration.com/faq/retrogression_faq.html
------

Old 07-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold
Default small request

I see that you have posted this negative comment on couple of posts..
Everybody knows what they facing but still we want to give fight. Its Ok if you don't belive we have valid case and if you feel we don't have chance and if you don't support but please don't put negative comments on any thread.

If you don't belive this then you can just simply leave this thread and let others do what they feel. IF you have any other question just PM core or send them email and core can reply you on those.

But please stop these negative comments...

Hope you understand..

Thanks.

Quote:
Please check the postings in this thread.. Murthy, shusterman, Rajeev s khanna all adviced.. Here is one of this links..

Q. Can we file a lawsuit?
A. Here is a legal answer as I see it. I hope I am proven wrong. I will elaborate further in our conference call. In my view, the lawsuit has a slim chance of succeess, but not in DC circuit. Our circuit is not likely to interfere with the exec easily. The strongest point is that govt. is changing a long standing practice, which requires rule-making under APA. The govt. will, of course, argue that they have issued amendments in the past and that this practice does not affect substantive rights. That would probably fly in the face of AC21 portability benefit which is, no doubt a substantive right.

Mootness is not a problem usually, because in a putative class action, we can always add more plaintiffs. Also, there are exceptions to mootness that could see a suit through.

I have not looked at the issues in great detail. Nevertheless, I think, the biggest problem is, if we dont get a hearing and an order within the month of July, the Court may have to dismiss the suit for inabaility to order relief (against the statute). This situation has occurred many, many times in the context of DV lottery cases.

PS We are highly unlikely to recover damages.

http://www.immigration.com/faq/retrogression_faq.html
------

Old 07-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Malaysia
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold dreamworld is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikka
http://digg.com/politics/USCIS_Visa_scandal

http://digg.com/politics/Rep_Lofgren..._Visa_Bulletin

http://digg.com/politics/U_S_Withdra...ion_Lawyer/who

Digg.com is read by hundreds of thousands of web users and there is high chance of getting picked by main stream media.

Note that you ll have to signup as digg.com member to rate it - it ll just take 30 secs of your time.

http://digg.com/politics

Please digg on...

Old 07-04-2007, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute nk2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
------
asdqwe2k....just answer this question: did you apply 485 in june? I guess you are and felt unhappy that everyone else is going to apply in july. Now that visas are unavailable you seem feeling happy again. Try to look the bigger picture for once in your life.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
dpp will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamworld

Please digg on...
Just dugg.

Old 07-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold waiting4gc is a splendid one to behold
Default Also digg UP THE COMMENTS

Also please dig up the comments as some anti-immigrant forces are trying to make all comments -ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamworld

Please digg on...

Old 07-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nk2006
asdqwe2k....just answer this question: did you apply 485 in june? I guess you are and felt unhappy that everyone else is going to apply in july. Now that visas are unavailable you seem feeling happy again. Try to look the bigger picture for once in your life.
You really misunderstood me.. I have two reasons for my negative posts..

1. You can be part of the lawsuit, if you filed your I-485.. If you filed then I don't mind.. I am not against anyone filing I-485 for the case of lawsuit. But, if you are going file your I-485 in next one month, and if your file gets stuck with uscis where it takes time to open the cases and send the reply back to, then you will not have enought time to file for Oct 2007.. Just like it happened in Apr 2001, when many got stuck and could not file second labor.. You may not get your I-485 copies back for oct 2007 filing if they become current for some of the countries and some of the members..

2.immigraionvoice.org came into existence even before this fiasco, the main goal was not to file this useless lawsuit and request for more funds for this cause.. It was to give awareness in washington to bring out bills and support bills related to legal immigration.. The lawsuit is going to distract the main goal and resource for this..

Now it is upto you to decide why I am being so negative.. I am warning future I-485 filers for this month and current immigrationvoice.org contributers about the above two points..

Old 07-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Please stop this discussion..
Its upto everybody if they still want to go ahead and file it. Everybody knows what are the pro and cons.

Please spend little time on following threads if you care about IV..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...6850#post96850
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...6932#post96932
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5994

Thanks...

Quote:
You really misunderstood me.. I have two reasons for my negative posts..

1. You can be part of the lawsuit, if you filed your I-485.. If you filed then I don't mind.. I am not against anyone filing I-485 for the case of lawsuit. But, if you are going file your I-485 in next one month, and if your file gets stuck with uscis where it takes time to open the cases and send the reply back to, then you will not have enought time to file for Oct 2007.. Just like it happened in Apr 2001, when many got stuck and could not file second labor.. You may not get your I-485 copies back for oct 2007 filing if they become current for some of the countries and some of the members..

2.immigraionvoice.org came into existence even before this fiasco, the main goal was not to file this useless lawsuit and request for more funds for this cause.. It was to give awareness in washington to bring out bills and support bills related to legal immigration.. The lawsuit is going to distract the main goal and resource for this..

Now it is upto you to decide why I am being so negative.. I am warning future I-485 filers for this month and current immigrationvoice.org contributers about the above two points..

Old 07-04-2007, 06:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus
Please stop this discussion..
Its upto everybody if they still want to go ahead and file it. Everybody knows what are the pro and cons.

Please spend little time on following threads if you care about IV..

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...6850#post96850
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...6932#post96932
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5994

Thanks...
"Everybody knows what are the pro and cons." How can you be that sure ???? Man, you are talking like if you know something, the whole world knows that.

Just tell me the date when the july 2nd filers will get their I-485 copies back. Do you have an answer ? Will you get by oct 2007 ?

The reason I am in this thread, because, I am answering to the posts people are asking me, and where I feel I have something to contribute.. If there is something in other threads, I will surely jump in. Don't worry.

Closed Thread