Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rimco99 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisa
I think everyone should just relax and have a beer
Beer up your a$$
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-03-2007, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
2007-05-23
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
2007-07-02
Compare
nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute nixstor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qvadis
Did USCIS/DOL violate section 201 of the INA Act?

There should be at least 20% available for the last quarter (starting July)!!
Of course they did, the last quarter quota opens on first day of july, which is July 2nd. Can they get sued and pay hefty amounts or accept all applications in Jul 07? Chances are slim.

USCIS will argue that by pushing all adjudications into the last quarter they are not utilizing visa numbers properly. Also, the per country limits are relaxed in the last quarter to maximize visa number usage. They will say that, they have X number of applications on which all work has been done and just needed availability of visa number. Ideally to be on the safe side, they should have done this on Jul 2nd and revised VB on the same day. I believe that they know that they will be sued when this happens. They might already have covered how they can put forth an argument aimed to maximize visa numbers to the benefit of to be immigrants and did not do anything intentionally.

we will benefit from the lawsuit if we either win or if the lawsuit becomes more publicized so that a recapture can happen if at all.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
BornConfused is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimco99
Beer up your a$$

LOLLLLL this made my day. Beer up your bum
FP 06.25.07

Old 07-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future mirage has a brilliant future

Guys forget about recaptures or any friendly gestures from the congress. This is a hugely anti immigrant congress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixstor
Of course they did, the last quarter quota opens on first day of july, which is July 2nd. Can they get sued and pay hefty amounts or accept all applications in Jul 07? Chances are slim.

USCIS will argue that by pushing all adjudications into the last quarter they are not utilizing visa numbers properly. Also, the per country limits are relaxed in the last quarter to maximize visa number usage. They will say that, they have X number of applications on which all work has been done and just needed availability of visa number. Ideally to be on the safe side, they should have done this on Jul 2nd and revised VB on the same day. I believe that they know that they will be sued when this happens. They might already have covered how they can put forth an argument aimed to maximize visa numbers to the benefit of to be immigrants and did not do anything intentionally.

we will benefit from the lawsuit if we either win or if the lawsuit becomes more publicized so that a recapture can happen if at all.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
gagbag is infamous around these parts gagbag is infamous around these parts
Post Immigration Voice Encourages Lawsuit !!!!!!

Please read the home page of this website:

Immigration Voice's Action Plan :

Immigration Voice encourages all members to help AILF/AILA's potential lawsuit by joining them as plaintiffs. Immigration Voice will actively help AILF or other organizations in this lawsuit to force USCIS/DOS to compensate for :

1. Financial and other damages caused due to manipulation of Visa bulletins out of order.
2. Violation of federal regulations and precedents.

A victory in such a potential lawsuit could in effect may either force USCIS to accept the 485 petitions in July and accept the ones it may deny/return in July.

The outcome of lawsuit cannot be guaranteed but USCIS and DOS are certainly facing a tough fight from us as well as from AILA and like minded organizations.

Please contribute funds as Immigration Voice would need funds to finance an expensive lawsuit against USCIS/DOS should it decide to actively participate in a class action lawsuit.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare
asdqwe2k is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
MR. asdqwe2k, will you just either get out of this forum or dont post this big postings and pressurize the server, nobody needs your explaination or analysis, everybody here is already pissed off and dont irritate them ok. Dont they(USCIS and DOS) know how many visa numbers left and how many applications were pending, or are they playing with us, because of thier stupid mistake people lost their money time and energy. People who are already waiting here for years, who flew back from India those who were on vacation know the pain. keep you analysis and opinions with you
If you cannot take the truth, I don't care.. My explanation is for mature people who have applied their labor around and after Apr 2001 who have gone through all the cursings against USCIS for delays but still are waiting for GC approvals.. I have been one of them. There has been lawsuits delays in approving labor and other slowness in USCIS, but nothing came out. You will know when you go through these lawsuits. I joined the lawsuit by Rajeev.S.Khanna regarding this. The end result was #$$#.. This time many lawyers themselves are not sure whether the lawsuit will result in any thing different...

Read this
http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9ab...a?OpenDocument

By the time you do your lawsuits and stuff, your GC will be approved. MARK THESE WORDS ANYWHERE.. "BY THE TIME YOUR LAWSUIT GETS OVER WITH NO RESULT, YOUR GC WILL BE APPROVED". Just like all the labor backlog will get cleared by end of oct 2007.

Don't waste your valueable time on lawsuits and instead focus on legal skill bill or any other bills that can make difference. and thats what immigrationvoice.org came into existance for.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Guatemala
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ilwaiting is on a distinguished road

http://pubweb.fdbl.com/news1.nsf/9ab...a?OpenDocument

"18,000 of which were approved just yesterday"

Quote:
Originally Posted by test101
How could they issue more visas? On july first? USCIS working on sunday ?

Old 07-03-2007, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi_twinges is on a distinguished road
Default We should do in a diversed way

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonimmi
Flower doesnt work here buddy! Do you watch TV shows? Have you seen anything Gandhi like in any of them? Only money talks here. Better raise money selling flowers and send it.
I am not saying just send flowers and do nothing...

1) Send flowers to attract media attention.
2) contribute money and fight the broken immigration system through lobbying as well as lawsuits.

Do it all the ways possible.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage
Guys forget about recaptures or any friendly gestures from the congress. This is a hugely anti immigrant congress.
Even though it is anti-immigrant, we can continue with our humble efforts for the purpose of attaining some media attention and at least present our facts to a wider array of audiences who believe all immigration is synonymous to illegal immigration.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
gdhiren will become famous soon enough gdhiren will become famous soon enough
Default It's not about winning, but about our DIGNITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdqwe2k
This one statement will make the Lawsuit useless... It doesn't matter when you filed, if there are no visa numbers available, they will retrogress back and they cannot accept any new filings. Just like it happened for "Other category" last month.

Get over with the fiasco and try other options..

Lawsuit is not one of themm

This is is not my assumption.. This is a statement by Rajeev S Khanna of immigration.com... And many other lawyers.. Check it out.. You will believe when you read the whole article..
Let me reiterate, it's not about winning, it's about standing up for the injustice. there are instances, in the past when VIsa numbers made unavailable, but they were made unavailable during regualr VB with substantial (more than two weeks) notice. We are not asking them for more Visa numbers, we are asking them to accept the applications.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
prashantkh is on a distinguished road
Default Still, I think they are at fault

First of all they are the ones who missed out on their calculations (if there was one). Secondly, we are not asking them to allocate visa numbers right away. We are only asking them to accept our applications for AOS, EAD, AP etc. Which under the light of current circumstances (created by them) they should still do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2cents
Not trying to be mean but the fact remains there is severe retrogression.

so we are going to sue them for

1) revising the visa bulletin ??

or

2) Not accepting the 485 filing ??

Chances are slim and the fact remains same

- They can not allocate more than 140K visa
- There is no law which stops them publishing revised bullietin
- USCIS is adhering to law by using revised bulletin.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
gagbag is infamous around these parts gagbag is infamous around these parts
Default Immigration Voice's Action Plan :

Immigration Voice's Action Plan :

Immigration Voice encourages all members to help AILF/AILA's potential lawsuit by joining them as plaintiffs. Immigration Voice will actively help AILF or other organizations in this lawsuit to force USCIS/DOS to compensate for :

1. Financial and other damages caused due to manipulation of Visa bulletins out of order.
2. Violation of federal regulations and precedents.

A victory in such a potential lawsuit could in effect may either force USCIS to accept the 485 petitions in July and accept the ones it may deny/return in July.

The outcome of lawsuit cannot be guaranteed but USCIS and DOS are certainly facing a tough fight from us as well as from AILA and like minded organizations.

Please contribute funds as Immigration Voice would need funds to finance an expensive lawsuit against USCIS/DOS should it decide to actively participate in a class action lawsuit.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about she81 has a spectacular aura about
Default Media story on July 4th

Does anyone have media contacts who would do a story for us tomorrow - 4th of July - clubbing it with the independence day and providing references and analogies as to how "independence" holds little meaning for us legal immigrants. It could gather some attention... just a thought.

Old 07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Compare
mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of mundada has much to be proud of
Default Flower Campaign

We have thread for flower campaign

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...7859#post97859

Old 07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
Algeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Compare
asdqwe2k is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunabcd
i wish you had little more knowledge of the issue you are talking about. It's not about not being able to file due to lack of visa numbers, it's about giving false update and causing miliions or billions in lost money and time and energy of the applicants. And dude there's no basis for your statement that there will be more RFEs because of lawsuits. In fact they will be more responsible in their work.
I don't think USCIS gave any false information. Just like H1's this year, which got filled up in 2 days, and they stopped accepting the application from 3rd day, similarly for GC's, based on non-availibility of visa numbers for 2007, they cannot accept any more I-485's. As soon as they knew that 2007 quota for GC's are over they issued the press release..

No #$#$% lawsuit can do anything.. Get over it..

Lawsuit is a SHAM...

Closed Thread