Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Compare
engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
Ya you can continue to beleive what you want I have contributed a fair bit to IV but even if everbody contributes as much or more than I have done I still don't think you can even make a dent. The reality is no one will touch immigration till the next president takes office. It would have been a different story if there were 12 millions of us. I am not saying stop the fight all together but this congress will do nothing for us and that is a FACT. So we should pick our battles and not randomly pursue anything and everything, so the cold reality is neither IV nor anyone can do anything for us till Feb 2009.
Immi...just stop writing this pessimist stuff..history has shown time and time again that few people can bring the change..It is attitude like yours which makes our community hidden in USA..
If you don't agree, move on and do something else but don't convince us that NOTHING CAN BE DONE. and we should just sit..
Why we have to tell you many examples in US and world history where few people brought up the change...so please stop this nonsense
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
gagbag is infamous around these parts gagbag is infamous around these parts
Default Why pay expenses when they did'nt break any rule ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhiguy
I am not a senior member but i would contractdict u

Media is gonna help us.. but remember u cant file a lawsuit and win , if you want the lawsuit to change the immigration law.
The max u can get is the expenses back , because it was the DOS miscalculation.USCIS didnt do anything wrong, they just followed the law.
How could you expect the lawsuit to change the US immigartion law which prohibits the USCIS to accept 485 when the GC number is not available.
I respect your views and likewise you should mine...

1. You certainly can win and who will pay you expenses if you dont win
2. The filed case is about more than expenses, see the attached link, AILF is fighting for EAD and Advance Parol
http://www.murthy.com/current485/Vis...FAQ6-29-07.pdf
3. I think there was no documentation of this law that they can revise the bulletin any time they think they can ? they are taking the advantage of the fact that this measure can only be defended in court and has slim chances to win, but still there is a "slim" chance. It is a tough chase ...but we gotta fight for the right thing.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badluck
I called my lawyer he said the are accepting applications which reached there before 12:15. does anybody have news like that or he just lying....
another rumour or what?
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111
Cards Received - 6/9/2011

Finally maDemygc

Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
rkumar18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemygc
another rumour or what?
that's what I heard...but maybe not reliable until we hear from USCIS itself.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2007
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/31/2007
Compare
xbeartai is on a distinguished road
Default 07/03/2007: Various Rumors on Conspiracy Theory on July Visa Fasco and Power

* There are a number of unconfirmed "rumors" flying around in the
country as related to the government decision to completely cut off
employment-based green card applications "at the last minute." We will not
go into the rumors as at this point all of theories are unfounded. However,
should the AILF bring a lawsuit, one of the first things the lawyers do is
so-called "discovery." This is a powerful tool to dig the truth out of the
dark closet. There are several forms of discovery. One is "Request for
Admission." The lawyers list a number of questions and request the agency to
answer each question under oath. False answer will subject them to the
criminal charge of perjuy. Second discovery tool is "deposition." This is
examination of witnesses out of court, most typically in the plaintiff's
lawyers offices, and testimonies of the witnesses are introduced in the
trial as part of the evidence. The third tool is to request the agency's
records including emails, documents, etc. The employees of the agencies or
othr parties can be subpoenaed to testify under oath to dig out consiracies
or cover-ups and they will be subject to the criminal offense of perjury.
Bush just pardoned Libby yesterday who was convicted of perjury. These are
very powerful and scary methods the lawyers and the court use to dig out the
truth. Whatever conspiration theories one hears in the community will
eventually be clarified through the litigation process unless the case is
settled out. One of the reasons cases are settled in a litigation against
the big businesses and government agencies is to protect certain evidence
from public records. Let's watch the drama that may unfold in the present
case.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute makemygc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar18
that's what I heard...but maybe not reliable until we hear from USCIS itself.
But why until 12:15 . why not 12:35
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111

Finally maDemygc

Old 07-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Default Quote from AILF clearly mentions they broke the law !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engineer
Immi...just stop writing this pessimist stuff..history has shown time and time again that few people can bring the change..It is attitude like yours which makes our community hidden in USA..
If you don't agree, move on and do something else but don't convince us that NOTHING CAN BE DONE. and we should just sit..
Why we have to tell you many examples in US and world history where few people brought up the change...so please stop this nonsense

See this paragraph from AILF doc

We believe USCIS violated the law when it failed to apply the visa availability dates listed in the Visa Bulletin, as required by a federal regulation, and instead rejected properly filed adjustment applications. Through this lawsuit, we will challenge the rejection of adjustment of status applications on this basis. We will ask the court to order USCIS to accept the rejected adjustment applications and treat them as being filed as of the date they originally would have been filed had USCIS not rejected them.

Old 07-03-2007, 12:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Default American Immigrant Lawyers Foundation believe's they Violated the LAW

Quote:
Originally Posted by delhiguy
I am not a senior member but i would contractdict u

Media is gonna help us.. but remember u cant file a lawsuit and win , if you want the lawsuit to change the immigration law.
The max u can get is the expenses back , because it was the DOS miscalculation.USCIS didnt do anything wrong, they just followed the law.
How could you expect the lawsuit to change the US immigartion law which prohibits the USCIS to accept 485 when the GC number is not available.

We believe USCIS violated the law when it failed to apply the visa availability dates listed in the Visa Bulletin, as required by a federal regulation, and instead rejected properly filed adjustment applications. Through this lawsuit, we will challenge the rejection of adjustment of status applications on this basis. We will ask the court to order USCIS to accept the rejected adjustment applications and treat them as being filed as of the date they originally would have been filed had USCIS not rejected them.

Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute pcs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Corrected mail to sent to all CNN , ABC etc.

Hi ,

This is not a regular mail.. I on behalf of many others need the support of honest media persons like you, else our faith in American media will be gone for good....

pl. read on...

Illegal action by USCIS causes $ 300 million loss in a single day to Legal & Skilled Immigrants ( Doctors, Engineers & Scientists ) not counting the hardships.

Skilled immigrants like Doctors, Engineers & Scientists have been paying all the taxes, following all the laws of the land and have been stuck in huge wait period of 3- 7 years to obtain green card.

On 13th of June 07, USCIS announced that all these people stuck for years can apply for the green card starting 2nd July 07. Everyone spent 2 weeks & $3000 per person at the minimum towards Attorney fees, medical tests & other unsalvageable direct costs prepared the application and started to send it to USCIS starting 2nd July 07.

In an unusual act of absolute disregard to the hardships and financial loss of these applicants, USCIS announced on the morning of 2nd July 07 that they will not accept any application for green card.

A COMPLETE REVERSAL OF THEIR EARLIER PLOICY ON THE VERY 1st DAY OF THE WINDOW ANNOUNCED BY THEMSELVES.

If nobody takes an action to support law abiding legal immigrants at this time, everyone talking about supporting the laws of the land on immigration issue needs to look into his / her own eyes in the mirror.

What we demand . Talk to USCIS & encourage them to ATLEAST accept the applications sent by these innocent Skilled Immigrants so that they do not suffer at least the financial loss. USCIS can take their own time to award the green card at a later date

ARE WE ASKING FOR TOO MUCH ???????????????????

Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
rkumar18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by makemygc
But why until 12:15 . why not 12:35
Do you know the exact time when the revised bulletin was published? If we can prove that our applications have reached before the time the bulletin was published we might have a good chance to fight legally

Old 07-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
humdesi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpositive
See if we can get Indian government involved. With the Social Security $ as a stick.
Funniest thing I heard in months. Indian govt. does not care about its own people in its own country, you expect them to help US?

Old 07-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumar18
Do you know the exact time when the revised bulletin was published? If we can prove that our applications have reached before the time the bulletin was published we might have a good chance to fight legally
I believe it was 10:30AM.
LUD - 06/02/2011
CPO Email - 6/2/20111

Finally maDemygc

Old 07-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
jayram123 will become famous soon enough
Default Who is your lawyer?

Quote:
I called my lawyer he said the are accepting applications which reached there before 12:15. does anybody have news like that or he just lying....

If you are OK, may I know who your lawyer is? Just to know who the source is and if they are reputable.

Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

Quote:

I don't think so. That would case yet another argument to sue the USCIS. Also, I don't know if they mark the applications with a date and time. Most likely only date. I wish it were true....but I don't think it is going to happen.

J

Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkays94
It might be a good idea to contact this reporter: susan.carroll@chron.com, ten or so days ago in June she wrote about the VB becoming current, obviously now that is no longer the case:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...kCurrentPage=4
June 20, 2007, 12:55PM
For many, grueling green card wait is over
By SUSAN CARROLL
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle
pls write and also post in the media drive thread. It is sad to see how many people are participating in media drive. Instead of discussing we need real work.

Closed Thread