Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/21/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute hello has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
No I will not read it.
If you think the idea is so good, why is no update on this idea after more than 2 year? why don't you find out and tell us the update instead of just posting links to ideas someone else needs to work on for the lawyer?

Has the lawyer asked AILA to help? Have they met USCIS with their ideas? If not what is the point of posting on a website? It will only make people copy paste link over and over again.
It doesn't matter if you read it or not but if you haven't read how do you know whats inside?.I don't ask update to any lawyer.I found this on internet and why I posted it because I wanted to share about EAD when PD is not current.If folks can get EAD that will be good for all.EB2/EB3 India/China/ROW.How many questions you have thrown on me like I have done something wrong.I think you have EAD and you are fine but what about folks who can not file I485 because PD is not current and their spouse can not work.I was just throwing an idea regarding EAD and we had that campaign two years ago.So when people talk to USCIS they can bring this also in discussion.I know Pappu and other folks in IV know this and if they think its a good idea they will discuss.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all mgmanoj is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
We are meeting USCIS officials in the coming days. If there is a process related issue our members are facing (example massive delays experienced in a service center for a certain application) let us know. We will relay the problems that a lot of our members are experiencing. Last year we helped members with EAD delays. We can take up individual applications and make a request. However for that, the member must be a long term continuous contributor to IV.
Can you bring up the issue of allowing to file I485 for people who missed 2007 fiasco ? with some criteria - even we have to pay renewal fees like 2007 prior people pays every time so h1b renewal and stamping issue can be avoided and tense free travel .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2012, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkar is on a distinguished road
Default I was just issued a 1 Year EAD with a start date 3 months before the current expires

I was just issued a 1 Year EAD(+ AP Combo card) with a start date 3 months before the current one expires. (i.e. 9 months effective; next time it will be 6 months and so on...)
At this rate I will have to apply thrice in the next 2 years.

My PD is Dec 2004. EB3 of course.
(I am posting it here in this thread as it is being discussed)

thank you and regards

Old 06-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute amulchandra has a reputation beyond repute

I got my EAD couple of days back and it was for 2 years. my PD is july 2006 eb3 India.

While efiling the application in the note field I specifically mentioned that I am eligible for a 2 year EAD. May be /may not be a factor but thought of mentioning it.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
stillhopegc is a name known to all stillhopegc is a name known to all stillhopegc is a name known to all stillhopegc is a name known to all stillhopegc is a name known to all stillhopegc is a name known to all
Default AP re-issue if lost

Pappu,
Here is my case : both EAD and AP were applied in June of last yr, 2011 by our company lawyers (sorry I don't get to apply myself). EAD came through, AP never came (have never seen the combined card though both were applied at the same time through Texas Service center). On contacting USCIS through our company lawfirm FDBL was told that the AP was approved and probaly lost in mail. Was told only option is to refile wich was done in Nov of 2011 and till date have no AP. A request was raised in May of this year for the delay and the response was they are doing additional review ... and if no response in the next 60 days then contact us.

Why cant they re-issue the AP if it has been approved and lost, why should one re-apply and wait for ages (adding insult to the already long EB3 wait - came here in 1997 for Master's. Working from 2000 and employer applied for GC only in 2004 and the wait continues. Folks pl dont reply port, move off etc. Am looking at all options, not easy when you have a family with kids)

Old 06-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute Amman has a reputation beyond repute

hi,
I live in VA. Paper filling the EAD and AP. My 485 receipt starts with LIN. Are these correct mailing address and fees ?
EAD
USCIS
PO Box 660867
Dallas, TX 75266
$380

AP
USCIS
PO Box 21281
Phoenix, AZ 85036
$360

Old 06-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dkar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by amulchandra View Post
I got my EAD couple of days back and it was for 2 years. my PD is july 2006 eb3 India.

While efiling the application in the note field I specifically mentioned that I am eligible for a 2 year EAD. May be /may not be a factor but thought of mentioning it.
I applied it through my attorney. Not sure if they sent any cover letter etc.

But others who received a 1 year EAD with a start date about 3 months before the current one expires did mention (in the other thread) that they have requested a 2 year EAD. And none of them are anywhere near getting current.

regards.

Old 06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkp View Post
Pappu, I recently applies for EAD/AP, and the combo card I received is valid for 1 year only. There seem to be other threads here which seem to suggest that combo cards are eing given for 1 year only.
Lat year same thing happened for my son's case. His combo card was valid for only 1 year. We went for info pass and the lady said, it's not a rule that you will get 2 year validity and it can vary. If you want you can send it back to USCIS for correction but no guarantee that you will get 2 yr validity. So of course we chose not to send it back.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:16 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/08/2007
Compare
seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute seahawks has a reputation beyond repute

Pappu To Summarize based on what I am reading and facing some of it personally. Let me know if I missed something.

1. Provision to request duplicate if AP or EAD lost in mail. Currently only way is to re apply and pay the full cost
2. Streamline so that EAD and AP combo card have the same validity of 2 years if applied together
3. Current applications for AP is taking more than an average of 3 months and some in a month. We would like a streamlined mechanism where the ideal processing time should be around 6 to 8 weeks.
4. Renewed AP or EAD should be valid effective the day of the previous AP or EAD expiring date
5. If applied separately, AP or EAD validity still should be two years when approved.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
happyfeet will become famous soon enough

EAD/AP

It is good to see lot of discussions on EAD/AP. I have applied for EAD renewal and I do not know if I will get 2 years or 1 year. Friend of mine renewed EAD and got 1 year extension.
IV should take this up and get renewal of AP/EAD for two years which will be big relief for families. More important thing is kids (struck in EB3 without GC) who are going in to college should have a valid AP to be considered as domestic student. Also every year they should show stamped AP/I94.
With one year validity, every year the kid needs to go out of country to get new I-94 and to get parole stamped. This is lot of expense and pain.

GC

USCIS did a great job in clearing all the back logged labor applications filed before April 2005. We need to request a similar process to clear all the EB3/EB2 backlogs filed before July 2007. This will open up new filing for EB3, EB2.

Otherwise we should ask for automatic porting to EB2 if the EB3 applicant has five years of US experience and getting pay (equivalent to EB2) without labor process. I know many EB3 applicants have masterís degree as well.

Though we are also high skilled and legal, we are deprived of equal rights, just because we have filed in EB3.

We need some solution for EB3.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ead/ap

should be just like Samsclub card. you pay for renewal you keep on using it (though renewal fee is seperate topic of discussion). EAD should have card holder since date.
sending documents dont make sense when USCIS already has them.
this time i efiled and the picture was from my first EAD (more than 5 years old).

Old 06-13-2012, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
happyfeet will become famous soon enough

That suggestion is good.

As some one suggested in the earlier thread, we should consider for Washington rally or sending flowers.

We need some solution and relief for EB3.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute checkmet64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default EB2 Vs EB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyfeet View Post
EAD/AP

It is good to see lot of discussions on EAD/AP. I have applied for EAD renewal and I do not know if I will get 2 years or 1 year. Friend of mine renewed EAD and got 1 year extension.
IV should take this up and get renewal of AP/EAD for two years which will be big relief for families. More important thing is kids (struck in EB3 without GC) who are going in to college should have a valid AP to be considered as domestic student. Also every year they should show stamped AP/I94.
With one year validity, every year the kid needs to go out of country to get new I-94 and to get parole stamped. This is lot of expense and pain.

GC

USCIS did a great job in clearing all the back logged labor applications filed before April 2005. We need to request a similar process to clear all the EB3/EB2 backlogs filed before July 2007. This will open up new filing for EB3, EB2.

Otherwise we should ask for automatic porting to EB2 if the EB3 applicant has five years of US experience and getting pay (equivalent to EB2) without labor process. I know many EB3 applicants have masterís degree as well.

Though we are also high skilled and legal, we are deprived of equal rights, just because we have filed in EB3.

We need some solution for EB3.
These arguments are short-sighted and immature at best. There seems to be a lot of resentment towards EB2 from EB3 folks. Can I ask why? Everyone wants to file in the best category possible; itís like nobody wanting a lesser grade in an exam. Whether or not we can do this depends on a lot of factors, including our own choices, among other things. Tomorrow if you are able to port to EB2, does EB2 become gold then?

In my opinion, arguments like these imply-

1). that this is only EB3 battle/forum?

2). that HR3012 has already passed/failed. And IV is now SOLELY working to get more relief for people who already have some in form of EAD/AP.

3). that we are no longer are working on a collective goal of getting relief for everyone and not just one category.

Is any of this this true?

Old 06-13-2012, 10:02 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

How come we started discussing about EAD/AP in H.R.3012 thread? A separate thread would have been better?

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00

Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 PM
Priority Date
:
May-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute bibliophile2020 has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many posts in this thread today. I was not sure what all this excitement is about. For a minute I thought HR 3012 passed senate.