Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 09-29-2006, 12:32 PM
anurakt anurakt is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 335
anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about anurakt has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitu72
Does any body have information if we need H1 to be valid for 1 year before applying for PR. Mine is expiring in april 06, can i apply now. will they reject it and i have to resend when i get my extension...please responds...

this just a fallback scenario i need to prepare.. also can people work on TN visa without a sponsor..
I think TN visa is only for Canadian and Mexican citizens and not for Canadian Permanent Residents .....

Can someone confirm that.... ?
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #47  
Old 09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
indio0617 indio0617 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 294
indio0617 has a spectacular aura about indio0617 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anurakt
I think TN visa is only for Canadian and Mexican citizens and not for Canadian Permanent Residents .....

Can someone confirm that.... ?

Yes, TN is only for canadian citizens.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #48  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:00 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default Please Help or guide me ??

I got my Canadian PR and I have to land before 3/12/2007. My H1 B VISA STAMP expired on
8/30/2006. I got approval from another three years from USCIS but I need to go for visa stamping. I don`t want to go for US Visa stamping coz last time it took my one month for all background checks. I am avoiding for US Visa Stamping but I want to land in Canada in order to secure my Canadian PR.So any I use automatic revalidation provision of 22 CFR 41.112(d) and come back with valid I-94 and without H1 B visa stamp from US consulate

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...ams_1441.html#



Any one can help or guide me what is safe to do ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #49  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:07 PM
Lasantha Lasantha is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/24/1900
Compare
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 580
Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice Lasantha is just really nice
Default

Yes, it is. I used it when I went to get my Canadian PR validated in June this year. Are you flying or driving? Make sure you do not surrender your I-94.
Take a letter from your employer and recent paystubs just in case. (They didn't ask for them but take them anyway).
I assume you know all the conditions?
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #50  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:27 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default Thanks Lasantha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lasantha
Yes, it is. I used it when I went to get my Canadian PR validated in June this year. Are you flying or driving? Make sure you do not surrender your I-94.
Take a letter from your employer and recent paystubs just in case. (They didn't ask for them but take them anyway).
I assume you know all the conditions?

Thanks for your reply. Which I-94 I have to show or use. I have two of them now. One expire with my visa date on 08-30-06 and other of attached with my H1 B extension valid from 8-31-06 to 8-30-09.

Does immigration officer know about this rule at port of entry ??

Should I drive or fly ..which one will be more easy while using this rule ?

Last edited by nomi; 09-29-2006 at 01:34 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #51  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:42 PM
HumHongeKamiyab HumHongeKamiyab is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/18/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 91
HumHongeKamiyab is on a distinguished road
Default landing in canada without visa

Hi there,

I also used automatic revalidation about 3 months back.. Dont worry, The immigration officer there knows all the rules. FYI, I went by car from rainbow bridge. While comming back officer just asked me normal questions such as "Where are you from ? " and "When are you flying back to Houston ?". Thats about it..

--HumHongeKamiyab
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #52  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:52 PM
GC_SUCK GC_SUCK is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 91
GC_SUCK is on a distinguished road
Default

I also have to land before 03/2007.

New 3 years extension is valid till 10/2009. Visa Expired. I am from Pakistan. Where u from?



Quote:
Originally Posted by nomi
I got my Canadian PR and I have to land before 3/12/2007. My H1 B VISA STAMP expired on
8/30/2006. I got approval from another three years from USCIS but I need to go for visa stamping. I don`t want to go for US Visa stamping coz last time it took my one month for all background checks. I am avoiding for US Visa Stamping but I want to land in Canada in order to secure my Canadian PR.So any I use automatic revalidation provision of 22 CFR 41.112(d) and come back with valid I-94 and without H1 B visa stamp from US consulate

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...ams_1441.html#



Any one can help or guide me what is safe to do ?

Thanks
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #53  
Old 09-29-2006, 01:54 PM
kukitron kukitron is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 13
kukitron is on a distinguished road
Default Just be prepared, there might be delays

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumHongeKamiyab
Hi there,

I also used automatic revalidation about 3 months back.. Dont worry, The immigration officer there knows all the rules. FYI, I went by car from rainbow bridge. While comming back officer just asked me normal questions such as "Where are you from ? " and "When are you flying back to Houston ?". Thats about it..

--HumHongeKamiyab
I just arrived yesterday from Canada with an expired Visa and my extension notice from INS.

Unfortunatly, they officer was an ignorant pig without any knowledge about immigration. Luckily, I was sent to an office where officers were nice and well trained,

I recommend you to print out the actual law so you can have more arguments and arrive earlier to the airport if you are flying
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #54  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:14 PM
ugotdude ugotdude is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 22
ugotdude can only hope to improve
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukitron
I just arrived yesterday from Canada with an expired Visa and my extension notice from INS.

Unfortunatly, they officer was an ignorant pig without any knowledge about immigration. Luckily, I was sent to an office where officers were nice and well trained,

I recommend you to print out the actual law so you can have more arguments and arrive earlier to the airport if you are flying
Can you post the link to the automatic revalidation law link?

I want to take the print
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #55  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:26 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC_SUCK
I also have to land before 03/2007.

New 3 years extension is valid till 10/2009. Visa Expired. I am from Pakistan. Where u from?

I am also from Pakistan too.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #56  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:28 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotdude
Can you post the link to the automatic revalidation law link?

I want to take the print

Here is the Law

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...ams_1441.html#
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #57  
Old 09-29-2006, 02:43 PM
sundarraj61 sundarraj61 is offline
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 9
sundarraj61 is on a distinguished road
Default Please clarify me!

Hi Kukitron and all,
I am having a new h1b with validity 7/2009. But My Visa expired by Aug,2006. Please clarify, can i travel from canada to Seattle thro Road with the expired visa and the new h1b which contains a valid I-94

Thanks
Sundar

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukitron
I just arrived yesterday from Canada with an expired Visa and my extension notice from INS.

Unfortunatly, they officer was an ignorant pig without any knowledge about immigration. Luckily, I was sent to an office where officers were nice and well trained,

I recommend you to print out the actual law so you can have more arguments and arrive earlier to the airport if you are flying
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #58  
Old 09-29-2006, 03:19 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarraj61
Hi Kukitron and all,
I am having a new h1b with validity 7/2009. But My Visa expired by Aug,2006. Please clarify, can i travel from canada to Seattle thro Road with the expired visa and the new h1b which contains a valid I-94

Thanks
Sundar

Yes you can according to following rule

http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...ams_1441.html#

There are lot of condition which you need to follow in order to use this Law. That`s why I am asking other people about it and see how many people use it and what they said about it.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #59  
Old 09-29-2006, 03:21 PM
nomi nomi is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 150
nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts nomi is infamous around these parts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarraj61
Hi Kukitron and all,
I am having a new h1b with validity 7/2009. But My Visa expired by Aug,2006. Please clarify, can i travel from canada to Seattle thro Road with the expired visa and the new h1b which contains a valid I-94

Thanks
Sundar
You may return to the U.S. from Canada or Mexico using the automatic revalidation provision of 22 CFR 41.112(d) (the "30 day rule") IF you satisfy all of the following :

1. You have an unexpired form I-94
2. You have a valid passport
3. You have some kind of visa in your passport, even if it is expired or the maximum numbers of entries have been used (but NOT if it has been revoked or cancelled for some reason other than having reached the maximum allowable number of entries)
4. You are maintaining your nonimmigrant status in the U.S.
5. You are not a citizen of a country determined to sponsor terrorism by the Department of State (e.g. Iraq, Iran, Syria, Libya, Sudan, North Korea, Cuba)
6. You have remained in Canada or Mexico for no more than 30 days
7. You haven't gone to any country other than Canada or Mexico during this visit (or, according to some CBP officers, at any time since your most recent visa expired)
8. You are returning to the U.S. to resume your lawful nonimmigrant status
9. You did not apply for a visa during your must recent trip outside the U.S. and
10. You are not otherwise inadmissible to the U.S.

Below link contains the official documentation for the 30 day rule:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/laws/te...rams_1441.html

Hope this helps.

Please share as many people as possible who use this rule.
Bookmark and Share Compare


  #60  
Old 09-29-2006, 04:09 PM
bitu72 bitu72 is offline
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 117
bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all bitu72 is a name known to all
Default

HI can some body answer if we can apply for canadian PR with H1 B valid for less than 1 year.

For canadian citizenship you have to be in canada for 2 yr(physicaly) and after 3 yr after stamping
Bookmark and Share Compare


Closed Thread

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attorney, seniors please reply-h1 to h4 ques ranand00 Non-Immigrant Visa 0 10-04-2010 11:26 PM
PIO form ques - SFO consulate jonty_11 Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 5 05-02-2008 07:42 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0 (Unregistered)
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org