Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 05-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

Hello,

I can't help you with your question but I am sure somebody will reply you soon. Mean while is it possible for you to send web-fax.

If you are new to web-fax please let us know and we can help you in getting started.

Thank you so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by appusheth
Hello,

Citizen of India.
1st H1 valid until Sept 2008.
Consultate for CP will be Mumbai, India.

I have a couple of questions pertaining to GC.

My LC is approved 2 days back (Filed - May 17, Approved - May 25) I didnt know this happens so fast. We have not yet received the cetitified documents from the department so I dont know whether its EB2 or EB3.

My lawyer says it is upto the department to decide whether my case comes under EB2 or EB3? Is this right?

Now we plan to file the I-140 in June 07. Should I go for premium processing right from the first time? My company is ready to do this. But someone said on one of these websites that this creates a suspicion in the minds of the department. I dont know how true this is?

I am thinking to opt for Consular Processing. What do you recommend on this?

I have read that we can also file I-140/485 concurrently. What does that mean? I was under the impression that first I-140 needs to be approved and only then we can file the other papers.

I read in one of the posts that the 485 and EAD were approved becore I-140. How is that possible?

Now the main thing that is bothering me is the financial situation of the company. They have good money and they can afford to pay me well, but the old accountant messed up big time and filed all wrong taxes and di not maintain proper records etc. So on papers its not such a great company, but they have money for sure. How can this be a hurdle?

All your help will be highly appreciated.

Thank You.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute ramaonline has a reputation beyond repute

First things first:

I485 can only be filed if a visa number is available. what is the Priority date on ur lc and what is the filing category?

Same applies for CP - You cannot go for consular processing unless ur PD is current. You can apply for i140 anytime, regular or premium - but 485/ead cannot be filed along with it unless u have a visa number.

For Indian nationals the current visa availability is for priority dates of apr 04 for eb2 and jun 03 for eb3.
I140 approval Oct 2006
I485 filed Jul 2 07
I485 approved on Jul 25 2011
Received green cards on Jul 28 2011

Old 05-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcmandal is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Question: I-140--> little short experience in 1 skill out of 7

My approved PERM Labor had requirements like: MS + 3 years experience in SQL Server Administration, C/C++, Visual Basic, Java, C#, HTML, and ASP.

I have a total of 13 years experience after BS degree (8 years after MS degree). Out of this 13 years, last 3 years is with my current employer. If I do not count any experience from current employer on that language, I have little short experience in one programming language C# (item no 5 below). All other skills are more than that needed.

My employer is a State University and I got my labor approved in 10 days. My Lawyer says, my I-140 may be in trouble as one of the programming language (C#) experience is less than 3 years. Is it true? If so, please advice me what I can do for it.

A. Following is my skill wise expreience breakup (not counting last 3 years)
================================================== =====

1. SQL Server : 5 years 4 month
2. C++ : 7 years
3. VIsual Basic : 5 years 4 month
4. Java : 5 years 4 month
5. C# : 2 years
6. HTML : 5 years 4 month
6. ASP : 5 years 4 month

B. Following is my skill wise expreience breakup (including last 3 years exp):
================================================== ======

1. SQL Server : 8 years 4 month
2. C++ : 10 years
3. VIsual Basic : 8 years 4 month
4. Java : 8 years 4 month
5. C# : 5 years
6. HTML : 8 years 4 month
6. ASP : 8 years 4 month

Thanks for your time for reading this.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold ramus is a splendid one to behold

I am sure somebody will reply you soon. In mean time can you please send web fax.. It won't take more then 30 secs to do it but it could make big difference.

Thank you so much.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
softcrowd has a spectacular aura about softcrowd has a spectacular aura about
Default 140 PP - 60 days needed after RFE is answered?

My Company applied for 140 in Premium Processing mode and I got an RFE in a week for Company's ability to Pay. Attorney responded back with necessary documentation and status reflects that USCIS recieved the same...

In the USCIS status - It shows that a decision would be made in 60 days...Mine is a Premium process & USCIS should take a decision in 15 days..is n't it?? Its already 10 Business days in between and my file was not even updated.....

Do you think this 60 days part of the message is true or just a mistake????

Old 05-29-2007, 05:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/16/2006
Chargeability
:
Canada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Compare
bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of bobzibub has much to be proud of
Default Did your lawyers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrowd
...staple a $100 to your RFE response?
That'll get their attention.

They do anything for the right price.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sravani will become famous soon enough

Quote:
My Company applied for 140 in Premium Processing mode and I got an RFE in a week for Company's ability to Pay. Attorney responded back with necessary documentation and status reflects that USCIS recieved the same...

In the USCIS status - It shows that a decision would be made in 60 days...Mine is a Premium process & USCIS should take a decision in 15 days..is n't it?? Its already 10 Business days in between and my file was not even updated.....

As per the PP rules, USCIS should make a decision within 15 days after receiving RFE response.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

While somebody reply to your message, could you please,please,please send web-fax and send invite email to your friends.. We need lots of member like you.

If you already done that then thank you so much. Either way please lets us know? Thanks a lot.

Quote:

Old 05-29-2007, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
peer123 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobzibub
...staple a $100 to your RFE response?
That'll get their attention.

They do anything for the right price.
Do not try such cheap things... your application may be rejected....

Old 05-29-2007, 08:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
peer123 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramus
While somebody reply to your message, could you please,please,please send web-fax and send invite email to your friends.. We need lots of member like you.

If you already done that then thank you so much. Either way please lets us know? Thanks a lot.
Sending the same stuff fax by 12000 desis will overload senators faxes and might irk them, the effort should include this but more constructive approaches like lobbying may work better.

I have done my part....

Old 05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute rajeev_74 has a reputation beyond repute
Post Don't worry...standard message

Quote:

Don't worry this is a standard message..I got the same response after my RFE & it was cleared in 10 days

Old 05-30-2007, 10:51 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bcmandal is on a distinguished road
Default Urgent Please: I-140--> Experience Letter Question

My approved PERM Labor had requirements like: MS + 3 years experience in SQL Server Administration, C/C++, Visual Basic, Java, C#, HTML, and ASP.

I have a total of 13 years experience after BS degree (8 years after MS degree). Out of this 13 years, last 3 years is with my current employer. If I do not count any experience from current employer on that language, I have little short experience in one programming language C# (item no 5 below). All other skills are more than that needed.

My employer is a State University and I got my labor approved in 10 days. My Lawyer says, my I-140 may be in trouble as one of the programming language (C#) experience is less than 3 years. Is it true? If so, please advice me what I can do for it.

7. ASP : 5 years 4 month

7. ASP : 8 years 4 month

Old 05-30-2007, 11:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute amit_sp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Don't worry

If it's possible for you to get a letter from your previous employer stating your c# experience, you would be fine. If that's not possible, you can get it from your former colleagues (that colleague doesn't have to be employed by the same previous employer, he has to attach an affidavite). Good luck to you.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
Nigeria
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute fromnaija has a reputation beyond repute
Default But C# is new!

Explain to your lawyer that C# is a new programming language and has not been around long enough for you to have more than the years of experience that you currently have. I think your 140 is approveable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmandal

7. ASP : 8 years 4 month

Old 05-30-2007, 11:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I don't think it should matter if you have little less experience in C.. But I am not lawyer..

If you have a min could you send web-fax and also invite at least one of your friend to join IV...

I am sure somebody will give their thoughts on this soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcmandal