Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 11-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV update: Report of the event in Cambridge MA Saturday Dec 2nd

Immigration Voice and its members have been invited to attend this even in Boston where many of the influential Indian-Americans both in the business community and Capitol hill would be present along with senior members of US House and Senate including 4 US Congressmen and Sen. John Kerry.

The list of participants (see the list below) is basically the who's who of Indians in American policymaking and some of the most influential lawmakers and their staffers.

The National Convention of the Indian American Forum for Political Education (IAFPE www.iafpe.org) will be held on Saturday, December 2, 2006 at the Hyatt Regency, in Cambridge , Massachusetts.

Tickets:
Day Conference + Banquet Dinner - $ 75 (Buy the package and save!)
Banquet only - $ 60
Day Conference only - $ 25
Youth Leadership Pass for students (Conference + Banquet) - $ 25 (Special price)

Special highlights include –
·Lunch keynotes by Congressman McGovern on Immigration and Citizenship, Karan Bhatia (Deputy Secretary, US Trade Rep Office) on Political Effectiveness
·Banquet keynotes by US Senator Kerry, Cong Barney Frank and Alan Khazei (Founder of City Year)
·Special recognition for Ed Davis, Chief of Lowell Police, Andy Tarsy, Anti Defamation League, State Sen. Panagiotakos and Cong Meehan is planned at the Banquet for their roles and support in the UMass Lowell Indian students hate crimes incidents
·Topics of interest for a wide spectrum of attendees – from the energetic youth to the seasoned experienced, from recent immigrants to committed citizens – listen and engage on a wide range of relevant topics

Attend this convention to increase your awareness by getting updated on various policies and converse with legislators and leaders to influence them.

Join other Indians and Indian-Americans in presenting a unified voice and translating our economic achievements into political might.

Additional ways to participate/contribute:

Can you help us by sponsoring a table?

Can you bring a youth team to get inspired by a cast of world renowned leaders?
Email Ravi (rsakhuja@aol.com ) or Dwarika (dagarwal@comcast.net ) today
Conference and banquet tickets are available at: http://www.sulekha.com/events/evtdpnew.aspx?cid=206966&nma=BOS

Convention begins at 9:00 with the following speakers:
Dr. Ravi Sakhuja, President-Elect, IAFPE
US Cong Barney Frank (MA)
US Cong Michael Capuano (MA)
US Cong Martin Meehan (MA)
US Cong Bill Delahunt (MA)
State Senator Panagiotakos (MA)
State Delegate Kumar P. Barve (MD)
Assemblyman Upendra J. Chivukula (NJ),
Rep. Swati Dandekar (IA)
Alan Khazei, Founder City Year
Subodh Chandra (OH)
Immigration Attorney Stuart Anderson
Aziz Haniffa, India Abroad
Sanjay Puri, USINPAC

Jay Chaudhuri, IALI
Joseph Melookaran, IAFPE/ IARC
Dr. Krishna Reddy, US-India Friendship Council
Prof. Sree Sreenivasan, Dean, School of Journalism , Columbia Univ.
Andy Tarsy, Exec Dir., Anti-Defamation League
Richard Varma, Chief Aide to Sen. Harry Reid (NV)

Kapil Sharma, Former Chief Aide to Cong Frank Pallone, Jr. (NJ)
Kishan Putta, Health Policy Analyst, Republican Party
Toby Chaudhuri, Director of Communications, Democratic National Committee

About the Indian-American Forum for Political Education

Founded in 1982 as a national non-profit 501 (c) (3) organization, IAFPE currently has 22 State Chapters operating across the United States. A dynamic grassroots organization, IAFPE has helped educate the Indian American community about the importance of participating fully in the American democratic process and way of public life.

IAFPE is non-partisan and focused on local Indian American community interests as well as broader national concerns. The IAFPE has been known and respected across all political circles since 1982. Recently, since 9/11, IAFPE has been instrumental in actively responding to hate crimes in various communities. For more information and registration, visit www.iafpe.org

======================
IV update on Page 2
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...?t=2333&page=2

Last edited by pappu; 12-04-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

How much does it cost to sponsor a table? I did not get that part. Please elaborate.

I will sponsor one ticket for one of the IV members going to this conference from my salary this month end.

Guys and girls, pitch in. This is a good exposure for our cause, for being in front of five congressmen and talking to them privately during the Banquet. This is definitely quality time worth spending for.

Old 11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCwaitforever
How much does it cost to sponsor a table? I did not get that part. Please elaborate.

I will sponsor one ticket for one of the IV members going to this conference from my salary this month end.

Guys and girls, pitch in. This is a good exposure for our cause, for being in front of five congressmen and talking to them privately during the Banquet. This is definitely quality time worth spending for.
Thank you very much. Iv appreciates this gesture. Pls contact logiclife for this.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/15/2003
Compare
gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough gc_mania_03 is a jewel in the rough
Default I will sponsor too

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu
Thank you very much. Iv appreciates this gesture. Pls contact logiclife for this.

I can pitch in as part of my contribution...will contact logiclife soon...

-gc_mania_03

Old 11-19-2006, 12:32 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

It is also a great opportunity for local members to meet IV core members and kickstart the MA and NH chapter activities. Pls try to make it to the event.

Last edited by pappu; 11-19-2006 at 10:08 PM.

Old 11-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Three core members will be attending this event. Till now two IV members have agreed to sponsor the tables. We need one more IV member to sponsor. It will be a great opportunity for us to meet some lawmakers and Indian americans involved with political activity.

We would also like to urge all IV members in MA, NH and CT areas to try to attend the event. IV core members will also be there to interact with you and discuss. It will be a good opportunity to also organize the local MA chapter.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default I Will Sponsor the last table.

I will sponsor the last table. I shall contact logiclife regards this.
-- goodluck.

Old 11-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of mjdup has much to be proud of
Default ready to sponsor..

If there is still a need for sponsor, I can do it. I'm in touch with the three core members in this regard and will also be attending this. thanks,

Old 11-27-2006, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12-12-2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12-15-2005
Compare
ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough ArunAntonio is a jewel in the rough
Default Contibution Made for Ticket to the Event in MA

Receipt ID: 3086-7280-0594-1916

- Good luck.

Old 11-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArunAntonio
Receipt ID: 3086-7280-0594-1916

- Good luck.
Thanks a lot.

Old 12-01-2006, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honge_kamyaab is on a distinguished road
Default registration

I live near Boston and planning to attend the conference. Do I need to pay fee.

If not I'll contribute that money to IV.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/24/2007
Compare
logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute logiclife has a reputation beyond repute
Default If you are attending

For attendence, you dont pay IV. You pay IAFPE directly for the ticket. They are the ones hosting and arranging it. Minimum is $25.

Their site is here: IAFPE

Their event details are here : Event in Cambridge

To buy their tickets Click here

Old 12-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

A big thanks to all those who sponsored the tickets for core members. Some IV members (vey very few) have confirmed that they are coming. It would be great if more members can join us. We hope to see you all there tomorrow.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honge_kamyaab is on a distinguished road
Default excellent leadership

I am very happy to report from the Indian American Forum event in Cambridge, MA. The core members might send a report about the event, but let me tell you that we have excellent people as leaders of IV.

I am very impressed with our fearless leader WaldenPond. I can say IV is well connected and know the right strings to play to get the music. From now for me it is a question of how soon.

Folks, I request you to take this as an attestation from someone who has seen the leaders in action at the event. Please believe in this group and provide the supported needed in cash or kind.

I am going to send my second contribution now.

Old 12-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
perm2gc will become famous soon enough perm2gc will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by honge_kamyaab
I am very happy to report from the Indian American Forum event in Cambridge, MA. The core members might send a report about the event, but let me tell you that we have excellent people as leaders of IV.

I am very impressed with our fearless leader WaldenPond. I can say IV is well connected and know the right strings to play to get the music. From now for me it is a question of how soon.

Folks, I request you to take this as an attestation from someone who has seen the leaders in action at the event. Please believe in this group and provide the supported needed in cash or kind.

I am going to send my second contribution now.
Thank You..waiting to hear more ...