Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 07-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default should I make a video?

I am on H1 since 2001
My company first filed in early 2005 - case went to backlog center
In early 2007 they refiled (upon my pestering) with PERM
and because of that I was lucky enough to benefit from the applications being accepted in July. (otherwise my other backlogged case has just came up for labor certification processing a few weeks back)

Is my case sorry enough to warrant a video?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of justAnotherFile has much to be proud of

i'll upload my video soon

Old 07-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hulk is on a distinguished road

Just an idea. In the foot note of Action Item #1 mention Immigration Voice Member and then your name. This way we can prove the strength of Immigration Voice community.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light arunsarun is a glorious beacon of light
Default Will send the cards today

Will send the thank you cards today

Old 07-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
csvinay has a spectacular aura about csvinay has a spectacular aura about csvinay has a spectacular aura about

Pappu & others:

I wholeheartedly agree with posting a video on you tube addressing our plight. I was preparing(researching) to post this but pappu you beat me.
Here's what I have found...

1) Main Video: Someone from the core team should post a detailed video(not too long) addressing the our problem. We also should select a date to post and let everyone in the forum know of the date.

2) Video response: All the members in the forum who wants to post should then post a video as response video to the main IV video. They can show solidarity, support or reiterate the points made in the main video. First, This may avoid people feeling nervous to post their own video or saying things that they shouldn't say. Second, youtube attention span is very very short, most people will not see what 100 people have to say on the same video. But by seeing the number of video response they know that issue is important and effects lot of people and main video issue gets highlighted.

A good example of this approach is The blasphemy challenge. (Please ignore the content, which is very provocative. I'm just giving this just as an example) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

Other examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxqNsUbWlHc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXXUloFArsU

3) Same day: More than 50 videos responses in a single day definitely bumps the main video to the main page of the Most Responded videos. Sometimes the video even goes to the main page of youtube if we get more than 100 video responses(On a dry news day).
Check this link with for today's videos with even less than 50 videos are displayed on the most responded videos main page.

http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=ms&t=t&c=0&l=

4) Text Comments: We should ask members who cannot post a video to at least post text comments to the main IV video on the same scheduled day. This will prop up the main IV video to the most discussed list. Videos with around 500 text responses on the same day consistently makes the main page of the most discussed list of ALL Channels

Example:
(For news and politics) http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=md&t=t&c=25&l=
(All channels)
http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=md&t=t&c=0&l=&e=en_US

5) Channel selection: We should post the video under the section of News and politics. Please note that Clinton, Obama, Ron Paul, Edwards and everyone in DC has a youtube account and post videos in this section\Channel. So there are lot of political staffers, journalist, political activist and other key people from DC watching these channel areas.
Check the Link:
http://www.youtube.com/browse?s=mp&t=t&c=25&l=&e=en_US
http://www.youtube.com/user/RonPaul2008dotcom
http://www.youtube.com/hillaryclinton
http://www.youtube.com/johnedwards
http://www.youtube.com/barackobama

We should organize this like the flower campaign. We assign leadership, get a good headcount, select a day to post and coordinate this effort to get maximum result and good visibility.

I have been thinking very seriously about this approach after the flower campaign and done a quite a lot of research. I can help out on this initiative.

What do you think pappu? What do you guys think?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold nandakumar is a splendid one to behold

Will send the cards today and try to upload the videos this weekend.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road
Smile Will be doing it this weekend

I have already send the cards...

Will do the video this weekend...
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw

Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
canleo98 will become famous soon enough
Default Response from Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren

Dear Mr. XXXXXX:

Thank you for contacting me with your concern about the updated Visa Bulletin. I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with me, and I agree with you.

I'm happy to inform you that the Secretary of Homeland Security in a phone call on July 17 th , informed me that a solution to the Visa Bulletin fiasco has been found. The Department of State will issue an August Visa Bulletin that permits the filing of adjustment of status applications through August 17, 2007, at the current fee level, which will be accepted through that date by the Department of Homeland Security. I'm pleased that a reasonable solution has been reached. I will continue to monitor the situation to ensure that both the Departments of State and Homeland Security follow through properly with this plan.

I have heard from many of my constituents on this matter who are concerned with the impact of the updated Visa Bulletin. The Department's unprecedented decision to reject adjustment of status applications has caused needless hardship and disruption to countless immigrants and their employers. This debacle demonstrates the need for more transparency and oversight of the department's operations and procedures.

Again, thanks for being in touch. If I may be of assistance to you or your family, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely

Zoe Lofgren

Member of Congress

Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default Cards sent today

I purchased some choice cards today, and they will be going out soon.

I'll try and figure out the video soon.

Let me reiterate what logiclife has said. There is no risk for recrimination with the video. Protests can not happen anonymously.

A little story for you, I had a lengthy interview with a reporter just yesterday who was relieved to finally find someone willing to go on record and talk about this issue. She had been trying to write a article for sometime, but everyone she spoke to was more than happy to talk off the record, but not have their views published. What we are doing is perfectly legal and within our rights.

It has not affected my applications at all, and as long as I remain within the law (which of course I intend to!) I don't expect any negative repercussions.

Got Green but still working at IV

Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
Peru
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about quiquincho has a spectacular aura about
Default Give it a shot

Quote:
Originally Posted by needhelp!
I am on H1 since 2001
My company first filed in early 2005 - case went to backlog center
In early 2007 they refiled (upon my pestering) with PERM
and because of that I was lucky enough to benefit from the applications being accepted in July. (otherwise my other backlogged case has just came up for labor certification processing a few weeks back)

Is my case sorry enough to warrant a video?

I asked a similar question. Your case, like mine, will most likely be sorry enough in several months or years when we will most likely be still waiting for our GCs. Give it a shot and send the card and video. There is nothing to lose, (except maybe for the time you spend making the video, hehe).

Old 07-20-2007, 04:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Your Green Cards will be affected ONLY if you DON'T do anything.

If you sit tight and keep quiet, same thing will happen to ur 485 packets. They will be sitting there and probably recycled.

I want to see this thread picking momentum with confirmation.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road

Easy way to send greeting cards straight from USPS.com: so the visit to the supermarket/mall is eliminated:

http://www.usps.com/netpost/sendgree...s_consumer.htm
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw

Old 07-20-2007, 05:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

Are we going to get Media attention for this?

Because everyone knows that we protested but they shud also know that we are appreciating them..

What you guys say?

Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saratswain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Action item : Community cleaning (proposal)

An action item could be group community cleaning/service in major cities. We need few(20-30) people to execute it and all local news channels would cover it. It would attract public attention, local political attention and state level attention. Its a win-win situation.

Can i request core group to consider it ?

-Boston, MA resident

Old 07-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute

I have created a poll for this purpose (vote for sent cards/uploaded to Youtube)

This was we know how many sent cards and uploaded videos to youtube.

Please poll.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10799