Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all
Default Job Offers from Outsourcing companies

Due to L1 visa rejection and H1B tightening all the Outsourcing companies has started hiring local big time, just a caution for any who are considering jobs from Indian IT majors, all the sweet talk for Green card, salary(this include variable pay) and all go to drain once you join. While offer and HR rounds, they will promise moon and once you join then corporate bureaucracy starts of approval, freeze in filing, excess work load on legal etc
Please take precaution to have all the promises of green card documented in offer letter itself and ask for timetable with milestone dates for the processing. If there are deviations on these start backup options and move on.

For companies like Infosys HR will paint a rosy picture that they apply GC's mostly and this mostly turns out to the less than 10% hires in US(always the HR and manager will point exception GC filed guy case and you can fall in trap). Once the market situation improves or client/project environment stabilizes these companies will be replacing the onsite hires with less experienced who are waiting to get come to US.

Read from one of the comments from Ashok Vemuri the 2014 prospective CEO of Infosys
"...We have about 17,000 people in the US now and about a quarter of these are local hires. We plan to hire about 2,000 people, this year...."

Link:
Large number of US deals in the pipeline for Infosys: Ashok Vemuri - The Economic Times

You can check facts of their PERM filing from myvisajobs.com , they apply few % guys in last decade when all these companies have 20k folks in US. CTS might be an exception and they capitalized hiring the good talent from their competitors during post recession period , recently heard that they are slowing down GC filings.

Infosys Technologies Limited Report - H1B Visa and Green Card Profile | MyVisaJobs.com - roughly 1800 in last 10 years
Wipro Limited Report - H1B Visa and Green Card Profile | MyVisaJobs.com - roughly 600 in last 10 years

Note:
I am writing this as a caution not a red flag. One of my friend hired in one of these companies ended in bad situation and he has to return back .
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

Well, I do agree that the above mentioned scenario resonates the real world, but I just want to add a few Comments on the other side of the coin.

I have seen non-Outsourcing Companies promise GC's and other 'Performance Perks', but in reality the Raise was less than 1% compared to the promised minimum in many of the cases.

Also I have seen people's GC process being held up in "Approvals" pipe line's for years in these comapnies.

I personally was told by the Company Lawyer that my Labor would be very hard to get through as the Company has taken the TARP funds and although it has payed them out, the DOL is still auditing every case and it was getting tougher to defend hiring H1B's over US Citizens.

So the moral of the story is be it a Outsourcing Company or a Non-Outsourcing Company, Unless you are non Replaceable (Via Technical or Business Expertise) and Unless you are too valuable of a resource to your Immediate/Hiring Manager, as someone in this forum suggested, Move on with your Career.

-CKR
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote