Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > News articles and reports
Click to log in with Facebook
News articles and reports News articles, op-eds, reports on issues of immigration.

Old 04-08-2009, 10:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold
Default Do we need foreign technology workers ?

http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.c...gy-workers/?hp

I don't know if this has been already posted. Sorry if it has.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2009, 11:07 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Thanks antony for posting the blog link of NYT, but as you would imagine, it doesn't help to create a new thread for every new item appearing in google news bar. How about we all use the news article thread for this purpose so that we all post in the same thread and have well compiled information at one please, instead of starting a new thread for every news item that show up in the news media. Just a suggestion -

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...=4805&page=141

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

Old 04-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold antony is a splendid one to behold

Sorry about that. I saw Ron Hira agreeing to the fact that employment based green card backlog should be removed and all those stuff....so I got excited and posted it here
Shall I go ahead and delete it ?

Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2005
Compare
sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold sanju is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony View Post
Sorry about that. I saw Ron Hira agreeing to the fact that employment based green card backlog should be removed and all those stuff....so I got excited and posted it here
Shall I go ahead and delete it ?
oh no problem, that was just a suggestion.

But I must mention one thing. Don't ever trust anything Ron Diamond says. He wants us out of here. He support illegal immigration because he is worried who will mo his lawn. But he has a problem with educated skilled immigrants. He and his cronies just says that he supports green cards. The fact is, their way of solving the problem is, throw everyone waiting for green card (i.e. currently on h1b) out of this country and there will be no backlog. How can someone want to throw us out and in favor of giving us green card, both at the same time? So don't get too excited. And don't give advertisement to such folks. They have value because folks like u & I read and care for what xenophobes have to say. If u won't pay attention to what they have to say, the value of what they say will diminish.

The problem is not that they want us out of America. The problem is, they will accuse us even when we return to our home countries. If we return back to our home countries they will accuse us for outsourcing. So if u r here, they will blame u for steeling their job, and if you leave, they will still blame u for steeling their job because u r promoting outsourcing. So no matter which way you look at it, they will attack you. They want you to drown in sea, they want you and me dead, so that there is no competition. So the only way to counter these xenophobes is by attacking them. Because in this globalization age, they can run, but they can't hide from this competition. So every time ron diamond says anything, just shrug it away your shoulder, and tell him and his cronies to F@#$ O*&.

"The whole history of these books is so defective and doubtful that it seems vain to attempt minute enquiry into it: and such tricks have been played with their text, and with the texts of other books relating to them, that we have a right, from that cause, to entertain much doubt what parts of them are genuine. In the New Testament there is internal evidence that parts of it have proceeded from an extraordinary man; and that other parts are of the fabric of very inferior minds. It is as easy to separate those parts, as to pick out diamonds from dunghills."

- One Great man to another, 1814

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

Interesting debate.

It is dangerous that some have started giving a new definition for the type of immigrants that fall under H1B - "not extremely highly skilled workers".

Excerpt from the article:
A college degree from a correspondence school can qualify someone for an H-1B visa. Employers making skill-based prevailing wage claims for H-1B computer workers classify most as being at the lowest skill level. The reported wages for the majority of H-1B computer workers is in the bottom 25th percentile of U.S. wages. In short, H-1B is a cheap labor program being marketed as a program for the highly-skilled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antony View Post
http://roomfordebate.blogs.nytimes.c...gy-workers/?hp

I don't know if this has been already posted. Sorry if it has.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

"Ron Diamond"

LOL that's a good one ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju View Post
oh no problem, that was just a suggestion.

But I must mention one thing. Don't ever trust anything Ron Diamond says. He wants us out of here. He support illegal immigration because he is worried who will mo his lawn. But he has a problem with educated skilled immigrants. He and his cronies just says that he supports green cards. The fact is, their way of solving the problem is, throw everyone waiting for green card (i.e. currently on h1b) out of this country and there will be no backlog. How can someone want to throw us out and in favor of giving us green card, both at the same time? So don't get too excited. And don't give advertisement to such folks. They have value because folks like u & I read and care for what xenophobes have to say. If u won't pay attention to what they have to say, the value of what they say will diminish.

The problem is not that they want us out of America. The problem is, they will accuse us even when we return to our home countries. If we return back to our home countries they will accuse us for outsourcing. So if u r here, they will blame u for steeling their job, and if you leave, they will still blame u for steeling their job because u r promoting outsourcing. So no matter which way you look at it, they will attack you. They want you to drown in sea, they want you and me dead, so that there is no competition. So the only way to counter these xenophobes is by attacking them. Because in this globalization age, they can run, but they can't hide from this competition. So every time ron diamond says anything, just shrug it away your shoulder, and tell him and his cronies to F@#$ O*&.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute Edison99 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice suggestion!

Old 04-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I was wondering who Ron Diamond was..... That was a nice one. I have never found any logic or ratinale in Ron's rants. He will be the last person on earth whom I will trust. I still remember one of his talk shows where he kept repeating the same old shit without hearing what anyone else had to say. He is just doing all this for publicity I guess....may be looking for a ticket for next election