Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 05-06-2011, 07:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy EB3-I current for more than 2 months

Hi,

My PD is current for more than 2 months. Below are the actions I have taken till now and still no approval.

1. Created SR on 3/3/2011.
2. InfoPass on 4/19/2011. Not much info was obtained. Only stated that my file was last touched in Jan 2011. It was the same time frame when I had my AP renewal done. Provided NSC follow up email address.
3. Email sent to NSC follow up on 04/19/2011. Received a response on 04/21/2011 with the following
"Service records indicate your file has been assigned to an officer. I am unable to predict when a decision will be made on your application or when you will receive your Permanent Resident Card. If you have not received your document, a decision or other notice of acti ison within 30 days of the date of this response then you will need to place a Case Status Inquiry by phoning 800-375-5283. "

Not sure what i need to do next and why is it taking so long. Waiting very patiently but getting anxious now.

Any suggestions/help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited by nikamd; 05-06-2011 at 07:54 PM. Reason: spelling
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts

5 more things you need to do ASAP.

1) Contact local congressman and provide the 485 details, have them contact USCIS.
2) Contact local Sentor and provide the 485 details, have them contact USCIS.
3) Have your attroney conact USCIS abotu the case
4) Try calling USCIS from your side, if you are lucky you get to the 3rd level and you can provide your details .

You might ask, how do you know all this crap. I did port from EB3, did all the above 4 and that worked out for me. I think item (1) or (4) worked for me but I am not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikamd View Post
Hi,

My PD is current for more than 2 months. Below are the actions I have taken till now and still no approval.

1. Created SR on 3/3/2011.
2. InfoPass on 4/19/2011. Not much info was obtained. Only stated that my file was last touched in Jan 2011. It was the same time frame when I had my AP renewal done. Provided NSC follow up email address.
3. Email sent to NSC follow up on 04/19/2011. Received a response on 04/21/2011 with the following
"Service records indicate your file has been assigned to an officer. I am unable to predict when a decision will be made on your application or when you will receive your Permanent Resident Card. If you have not received your document, a decision or other notice of acti ison within 30 days of the date of this response then you will need to place a Case Status Inquiry by phoning 800-375-5283. "

Not sure what i need to do next and why is it taking so long. Waiting very patiently but getting anxious now.

Any suggestions/help would be highly appreciated.

Old 05-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default You are right

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmuddu_H1BVaddu View Post
5 more things you need to do ASAP.

1) Contact local congressman and provide the 485 details, have them contact USCIS.
2) Contact local Sentor and provide the 485 details, have them contact USCIS.
3) Have your attroney conact USCIS abotu the case
4) Try calling USCIS from your side, if you are lucky you get to the 3rd level and you can provide your details .

You might ask, how do you know all this crap. I did port from EB3, did all the above 4 and that worked out for me. I think item (1) or (4) worked for me but I am not sure.
You are right

Old 05-08-2011, 08:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts GCmuddu_H1BVaddu is infamous around these parts

BTW, I am not sure why I said 5 more things and stated only 4, well may be Johny Walker. :-)

My friend, even if you give right response some times people will kick a**. I responded to people who were throwing crap at AP. Thread was removed by admins with no information and explanation.You talk right, your ass get kicked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddymjm View Post
You are right

Old 05-08-2011, 09:57 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Been there

i have been there. More than once. No kidding. I was 'current' on three different occasions on Three different calendar years before getting greened. During that time I witnessed people with PDs behind me get greened and I saw the 2007 485 application tsunami as well. So I assure you the pain is as fresh as yesterday.
The time to act is before you are even current. If you suspect you will be or the visa bulletin makes you current, then immediately jump ito action.
Make contact and a friendship with your congressional aide. This is very easy, they are there to help you and are very receptive. You can leverage that relationship for many good uses. Remember he or she has the congressman's ear, and will get you access. You can use it to lobby for IV priorities, for your own personal gain etc. Everyone reading this should make this contact. If you have not then you simply do not understand how this country runs.
When you are current and you believe your case is 'approvable' then you call and ask them to press home the advantage. Understand that each year your window is narrow, so act soon and be multidimensional and quick in your actions. Each year you will get over one or two issues. For me one year it was a lawyer screw up, another year they lost the plot with the visa bulletin fiasco, then another year it was a positive TB skin test. In the end it was a relief in 2010.
So plan ahead, and use your congressional aide. Cultivate that relationship. It will be helpful in the end and if enough of you do it, then it might speed it up for all.

Good luck.

Last edited by alterego; 05-08-2011 at 10:00 PM.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts extra_mint is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the details.
However don't they issue RFE's ?? for all the issues that u had ?? or was it ur congressmen
who found the issue while ur application just sit untouched !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alterego View Post
i have been there. More than once. No kidding. I was 'current' on three different occasions on Three different calendar years before getting greened. During that time I witnessed people with PDs behind me get greened and I saw the 2007 485 application tsunami as well. So I assure you the pain is as fresh as yesterday.
The time to act is before you are even current. If you suspect you will be or the visa bulletin makes you current, then immediately jump ito action.
Make contact and a friendship with your congressional aide. This is very easy, they are there to help you and are very receptive. You can leverage that relationship for many good uses. Remember he or she has the congressman's ear, and will get you access. You can use it to lobby for IV priorities, for your own personal gain etc. Everyone reading this should make this contact. If you have not then you simply do not understand how this country runs.
When you are current and you believe your case is 'approvable' then you call and ask them to press home the advantage. Understand that each year your window is narrow, so act soon and be multidimensional and quick in your actions. Each year you will get over one or two issues. For me one year it was a lawyer screw up, another year they lost the plot with the visa bulletin fiasco, then another year it was a positive TB skin test. In the end it was a relief in 2010.
So plan ahead, and use your congressional aide. Cultivate that relationship. It will be helpful in the end and if enough of you do it, then it might speed it up for all.

Good luck.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/25/2005
Compare
alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute alterego has a reputation beyond repute

They have a tendency to sit on their posteriors until the last minute when you are current or when your congressman calls.
In the end what does it matter whether you get an RFE you can't turn around in time or they sat idly twiddling their thumbs. In the end you are relegated to waiting another year to return from retrogression land.
However you are right, one of those times was an RFE for the tb test invalid that I had to do the medicals all over. My scramble to get it all done was 3 days late and costed me another year.

Last edited by alterego; 05-08-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute nikamd has a reputation beyond repute
Default Elapsed time after contact with congress aide

Alterego and GCmuddu_H1BVaddu,

Thanks for the information. It is really useful.

BTW after your contact with the congress aide how long did it take to get your approval.

Also how do you get to third level IO when you call. I don't get transferred at all.

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Well, contact the congressman. You can't really predict on that.

I called USCIS almost everyday and one evening I was talking to level 2 folks and explained about the case and informed them that I have sent the details to Congreeman. Somehow they have transferrred it to the next level where they have confirmed all the details. As I was represented by an attorney, IO wanted to talk to the attorney and I could not get hold of the attorney as it was late in the evening but attorney called them the following day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikamd View Post
Alterego and GCmuddu_H1BVaddu,

Thanks for the information. It is really useful.

BTW after your contact with the congress aide how long did it take to get your approval.

Also how do you get to third level IO when you call. I don't get transferred at all.

Thanks a lot.

Old 05-11-2011, 08:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashneels2001 can only hope to improve

Be patient. It should be coming soon. I just got mine approved on Monday Priority date was Jan 29, 2002.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Thumbs up Congradulations...............

ashneels2001,

First of all Congratulations!!!!!! on your Green Card.

Thanks for the info. It gives me hope, strength and encouragement.

if you don't mind can you share if you had to do anything in terms of SR, congressman, etc.

Once again congratulations and the very best.

Old 05-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ashneels2001 can only hope to improve

No- I did not contact any congressmen. I did talk couple times to USCIS directly and all they said to me was that they will get to your file soon as they finish other cases. However when I saw your post, the idea of contacting a senator did come to mind. Regardless, I was thinking of contacting USCIS every week but then I got the e-mail last night stating that it was approved. Waiting for the actual letter and the card. Just pray- and it will happen soon for you too. good luck!!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Default Was your case in NSC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashneels2001 View Post
No- I did not contact any congressmen. I did talk couple times to USCIS directly and all they said to me was that they will get to your file soon as they finish other cases. However when I saw your post, the idea of contacting a senator did come to mind. Regardless, I was thinking of contacting USCIS every week but then I got the e-mail last night stating that it was approved. Waiting for the actual letter and the card. Just pray- and it will happen soon for you too. good luck!!
By any chance was your case in NSC. Not sure if it is only me but NSC seems to be taking more time for approval.

Old 05-12-2011, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Default Thanks for the info

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCmuddu_H1BVaddu View Post
Well, contact the congressman. You can't really predict on that.

I called USCIS almost everyday and one evening I was talking to level 2 folks and explained about the case and informed them that I have sent the details to Congreeman. Somehow they have transferrred it to the next level where they have confirmed all the details. As I was represented by an attorney, IO wanted to talk to the attorney and I could not get hold of the attorney as it was late in the evening but attorney called them the following day.
Thanks for the info. By calling USCIS everyday would it not upset them and create more delay. Also they say you should call after 30 days of filling the SR and taking to them.

Old 09-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future
Default Did you get your GC ?

nikamd

Did you get your GC yet ?

Thanks

Bang.
RD - July 25th 2007
Upgraded to EB2 in July 2012.
Interfiling letter sent by Attorney on Oct 1st 2012
Opened SR on Oct 15th
USCIS Requested Interfiling Letter for upgrade (No RFE, just a Mail Response sent to me) - Oct 22
Sent Interfiling Letter & email (Personal - no Attorney) - Oct 25
Opened SR on 11/15
485 Approval - end of Nov 2012.