Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rag_visa is on a distinguished road
Default H1B Part time-Urgent Please!!!!!!!!

All,
Thanks in advance for reading my post.
Here is my situation, and I request you to please help me with your advice. Itís very urgent.

I have a Ph.D. in Applied Physics and I am working for a small semiconductor company. I just learnt that there will be some budget cuts in my project and my supervisor suggested
that I start looking for new positions and he said that he will switch me from full time to
hourly with a pay cut until I find a new position. The new salary would
be lower than prevailing wage of H1B LCA. My employer is fine with switching me to part time may be 20 hrs a week if that is possible.

Here are my questions.

1. If my employer files a H1B amendment requesting a switch to part time would that be fine?
2. If an amendment is filed, does it risk my current H1 B?
3. Are you aware of anybody working on part time on H1B visa.
4. What are my options to remain in status?

I have a Ph.D in Physics and have close to 4.5 yrs of experience (2.7 on OPT
and rest on H1B ) in semiconductor, MEMS and nano technologies. If anybody
is aware of any openings or companies which are recruiting, please let me know.
This will be a huge favor.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
R
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag_visa View Post
All,
Thanks in advance for reading my post.
Here is my situation, and I request you to please help me with your advice. Itís very urgent.

I have a Ph.D. in Applied Physics and I am working for a small semiconductor company. I just learnt that there will be some budget cuts in my project and my supervisor suggested
that I start looking for new positions and he said that he will switch me from full time to
hourly with a pay cut until I find a new position. The new salary would
be lower than prevailing wage of H1B LCA. My employer is fine with switching me to part time may be 20 hrs a week if that is possible.

Here are my questions.

1. If my employer files a H1B amendment requesting a switch to part time would that be fine?
2. If an amendment is filed, does it risk my current H1 B?
3. Are you aware of anybody working on part time on H1B visa.
4. What are my options to remain in status?

I have a Ph.D in Physics and have close to 4.5 yrs of experience (2.7 on OPT
and rest on H1B ) in semiconductor, MEMS and nano technologies. If anybody
is aware of any openings or companies which are recruiting, please let me know.
This will be a huge favor.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
R
Dont think you can work part time on H1b. You should try to see if you can get any full time postdoctoral positions.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
hardikchem is on a distinguished road
Smile Re:H1B Part time-Urgent Please!!!

Yes you can do that..my wife was on part time H1B - her H1B amended through her company so don't worry!!

Old 03-29-2014, 11:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Kumar Van is on a distinguished road
Default H1 Part-time Employment

Hi all,
My current employment is ending with company A and company B is willing to hire me with a minimum pay as perishable with USCIS for my skills and education (PhD in electrical engineering) and is willing to do the H1 transfer. What is the minimum # of hours I could work for company B per week or per month and still not have issues with H1 transfer? Also what could be the weekly wage that could be paid for my background? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
K

Old 04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2012
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deecha is on a distinguished road

Pay rate is for the work you do and occupation you are in, not for the skills you have.

The CEO of my ex-company had a GED and made $500k + a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumar Van View Post
Hi all,
My current employment is ending with company A and company B is willing to hire me with a minimum pay as perishable with USCIS for my skills and education (PhD in electrical engineering) and is willing to do the H1 transfer. What is the minimum # of hours I could work for company B per week or per month and still not have issues with H1 transfer? Also what could be the weekly wage that could be paid for my background? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
Regards,
K