Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 01-29-2008, 06:16 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
GCeffect is on a distinguished road
Question Confusing I485 Appproval? Or NOT!!!

I'm from Bangladesh and my PD is May 2006....EB3

I applied for my I485, I765 and I131 in July 2, 2007. Then me and my wife received the I765 approval in couple of months then the real drama began.
In October i received the letter about our i131 denial. The reason for the denial was approval of I485 (I485 approval news was mentioned in my i131 denial letter). My lawyer then told me to wait couple of months to receive my cards. I waited but didn't receive anything. The I called the USCIS and they told me that there is no update in the system and they requested me to go to the local immigration office to notify the matter. After visiting the local immigration office they asked me to write a status request letter to USCIS.

Me and lawyer already wrote 4 letters to USCIS requesting the status of my i485 as my i131 got denied. Finally one of the cases status for i131 showing online that you’re RFE has been received and case has been resumed; and the other one is still case denied. On the other hand the i485 for both mine and my wife's case still showing like it was showing six months ago..."received and pending"........

I’m totally confused in this present situation. USCIS never requested for any RFE against my i131, so why they put in the online status that the RFE has been received. All I did was requested for the I485 applications as they mentioned in my i131 denial letter that my i485 got approved……

Some help here will be highly appreciated…….thanks in advance
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-29-2008, 08:06 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
monkeyman has a spectacular aura about monkeyman has a spectacular aura about
Default No sweat!!!

Just sit tight - It will take them around 7 to 8 months to issue the GC. You should also receive the EAD card soon and hopefully it will be the last EAD Card.
Notice Date: 9/7/2007
EAD Approved: 9/27/2007
FP Notices Received: 9/23/07 (App. Dt 10/13/2007)

Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold funny is a splendid one to behold

Sam thing happened with my wife, USCIS denied her I131 saying they have already approved the 485 so no need for I131. My lawyer thinks that this was a mistake from USCIS and we applied for her I131 again.

Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCeffect View Post

I applied for my I485, I765 and I131 in July 2, 2007. Then me and my wife received the I765 approval in couple of months then the real drama began.
In October i received the letter about our i131 denial. The reason for the denial was approval of I485 (I485 approval news was mentioned in my i131 denial letter). My lawyer then told me to wait couple of months to receive my cards. I waited but didn't receive anything. The I called the USCIS and they told me that there is no update in the system and they requested me to go to the local immigration office to notify the matter. After visiting the local immigration office they asked me to write a status request letter to USCIS.

Me and lawyer already wrote 4 letters to USCIS requesting the status of my i485 as my i131 got denied. Finally one of the cases status for i131 showing online that you’re RFE has been received and case has been resumed; and the other one is still case denied. On the other hand the i485 for both mine and my wife's case still showing like it was showing six months ago..."received and pending"........

I’m totally confused in this present situation. USCIS never requested for any RFE against my i131, so why they put in the online status that the RFE has been received. All I did was requested for the I485 applications as they mentioned in my i131 denial letter that my i485 got approved……

Old 01-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
mhtanim will become famous soon enough

Quote:

In October 2007, your PD was nowhere near current:
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3800.html

Logically, if your I485 was approved in October of 2007, I would think that it was a mistake by the USCIS.

The I-131 denial was most likely a mistake by the USCIS.

You may have a long wait ahead of you before you get your I-485 approved - just like thousands of us!

Old 01-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute singhsa3 has a reputation beyond repute

Just today, I spoke to one of my freind, he is also from Bangladesh and his PD is sometime in 2006. He got his GC. So it could very well be true. If you want PM me and I can give you his phone number, you are his compatriot after all.
Quote:

Old 01-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2007
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
mhtanim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhsa3 View Post
Just today, I spoke to one of my freind, he is also from Bangladesh and his PD is sometime in 2006. He got his GC. So it could very well be true. If you want PM me and I can give you his phone number, you are his compatriot after all.
If your friend is under EB2 category, then yes, his GC is no surpise. However, if PD is not current, I am not sure how someone's GC can be approved without calling it a USCIS' mistake.

Comments from anybody with more knowledge on this will be highly appreciated.

Old 01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future

Don't go by Online status message in USCIS website. It is a bull and often flat out incorrect.

TX IV member