Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

View Poll Results: ONLY BAY AREA RESIDENTS RESPOND: Will you attend the rally in San Jose on 07/14
Yes 122 43.11%
Yes and will bring friends/family/spouse 50 17.67%
No 67 23.67%
Maybe 44 15.55%
Voters: 283. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nraja is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks for the format

Thanks for the mailing letter. I will forward the same message to my friends.

Thanks,
Raja
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of
Default Need Help to Call California IV members

Non Bay area members please volunteer to call, inform and encourage IV members to join the rally.
The Active Bay area chapter members are swamped with other action items.
Please Help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
Fellow IVians or IVers. Whichever you prefer:

You may not be able to attend the San Jose rally but you can still be part of the effort by volunteering to help call the members in California and inform them about this event. You can call even if you are on the East Coast. This is urgent!

This will help us focus on other logistic issues like banners, posting flyers.
Your help will make the San Jose peaceful walk a success!

Old 07-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice Kushal is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcsomeday
Guys, For better marketing our plight wearing business suits for rallys will have a significant impact on the perception of the rally on both onlookers and the press. It will immediately convey :
  • The professionalism of the crowd
  • The difference between previous illegal protestors and legal high skilled protesters
  • People will notice crowds of business suits and it will leave an imprint on their mind. Especailly in places like bay area they will just stick out
Organizers may want to think about this.

I guess formal or semi-formal wear should be good enough in the heat.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need three more

Thanks to the four members for volunteering. Need three more to round this up.
If you are on the East coat that is even better. Please PM me your e-mail address if you want to
help call people and inform them about this San Jose Rally.

Last edited by gsc999; 07-11-2007 at 07:16 PM.

Old 07-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of ThinkTwice has much to be proud of
Default There is Good Momentum

With the immense success of the 'Gandhigiri' movement, there is possibility that this rally could get the desired attention.
Please encourage people you know to join in the rally.

-We have members of the chinese community joining us in large numbers.
-We have a member of the Indian Student Association of the SanJose State University trying to spread the word.

The momemtum is gathering, please do your part.......

Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 07:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice
Default Sent PM to gsc999

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc999
Please Pm me your e-mail address and ph number so that I can send you the phone list and explain the data.

thanks,

gsc
gsc999

just now sent you a PM. Send me the details

Thanks

Old 07-11-2007, 08:09 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
raju123 is on a distinguished road

My 2 cents

Please contact international students from local universities.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Ideas to increase publicity

Some one suggested ..
-keeping in spirit with our recent flower protest, we should hand out single flowers on the day of the rally

- There was another suggession about having ballons in the hands of kinds with messages on them.... I dont know if we can get balloons with messages but what do you guys think about balloons in kids hands.. The Kids who are born here are citizens .. and they support our cause ....

Old 07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Informed the

The ISA of
SFSU
SJSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by raju123
My 2 cents

Please contact international students from local universities.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute gsc999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Need one more volunteer to help call other IV members

Got six. Need one more.
PM me your e-mail address.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Thumbs up Media Matters

I think you guys are organizing a watershed event for skilled, legal immigrants - I wish you great success.

I cannot emphasize the importance of alerting media to this. Media attention is not at its best over the weekend so you will have to work extra hard to make sure that you get good media coverage. I hope that someone is working on creating a press release for the event.

While we were creating the press release for the flower campaign, we were given the following advice by a friendly journalist
  1. Make sure that you have a catchy slogan and title for your press release and the event
  2. Don't let your press release be a big mass of text. Break it down into What, Where, When and Why (refer to flower campaign PR if you need to)
  3. In the media contact, absolutely have at least one contact with cell phone number and name. It is important that journalists can all and talk to a person if needed
  4. Also have a post event press conference
All the best guys.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
Default Thanks for the ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_august
[color=Navy][font=Comic Sans MS]I think you guys are organizing a watershed event for skilled, legal immigrants - I wish you great success.

I cannot emphasize the importance of alerting media to this. Media attention is not at its best over the weekend so you will have to work extra hard to make sure that you get good media coverage. I hope that someone is working on creating a press release for the event.
--
Will the Nor Cal P.R. person please stand-up!

We are coordinating the media effort with the core team and focussing on the tactical stuff right now.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/30/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future Googler has a brilliant future

Did you guys alert Lofgren's office about this?

(408) 271-8700

Old 07-11-2007, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/09/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googler
Did you guys alert Lofgren's office about this?

(408) 271-8700
--
I won't like to take names on public forum of the Congress members we have/will approach. But to answer you question, we are taking all necessary steps to make this walk a success. Also, the measure of success will be a large turn-out by legals to protest, which in itself is unprecedented. We won't like to marry the success of this protest with the presence of any particular Congress member or Senator at this time. The bottomline is, media coverage for our issue.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/31/2008
Compare
rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about rangaswamy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushal
I guess formal or semi-formal wear should be good enough in the heat.

I'm more of the opinion that White shirts and Denims should be fine. Suit in bay area makes no sense. We are all after all geeky engineers after all.. like some one said!

A