Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP
Click to log in with Facebook
Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP Work/Travel options after 485 : H1 Versus EAD/AP. Comparison between keeping H1 versus forfeiting H1 and using EAD/AP after 485 filing.

Old 06-06-2008, 09:16 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
varesident is on a distinguished road
Default Job title to work on EAD different from Labor cert. job title

I have been trying to get someone to clarify this. When I filed for my Labor, the job title was for a Software developer. Now, I am looking to work on my EAD. However, now the job title is that of a Business Analyst.
What consequences can this have on my I-485 (which has been filed last year like most of the folks)?
Experts.. please advise.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2008, 09:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/22/2006
Compare
Aah_GC is on a distinguished road

A Software Developer is different from a Business Analyst, although the former might carry few BA responsibilities. You might want to investigate and check you SOC codes for both the positions (you will find the SOC code of your labor position on the labor cert).

(AC21 is a privilege that needs to be properly used. Otherwise it will only help make USCIS skeptical of even properly ported cases).

Contributed $700 and made calls to Senators

Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 AM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute gccovet has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aah_GC View Post
A Software Developer is different from a Business Analyst, although the former might carry few BA responsibilities. You might want to investigate and check you SOC codes for both the positions (you will find the SOC code of your labor position on the labor cert).

(AC21 is a privilege that needs to be properly used. Otherwise it will only help make USCIS skeptical of even properly ported cases).
Hi,
If you can't find SOC code on your LC and only DOT code is available, you can
check O*Net at http://online.onetcenter.org/ to find out equivalent SOC code. (click on "crosswalk" and provide the DOT code).

HTH
GCCovet

Old 06-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/08/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
karthkc is on a distinguished road
Default Job Duties

Quote:
Originally Posted by varesident View Post
I have been trying to get someone to clarify this. When I filed for my Labor, the job title was for a Software developer. Now, I am looking to work on my EAD. However, now the job title is that of a Business Analyst.
What consequences can this have on my I-485 (which has been filed last year like most of the folks)?
Experts.. please advise.
Based on the title alone, it will be hard to convince an IO that a BA performs the same job duties as a Software Developer.

It is possible that some duties may overlap, but the critical issue here is whether or not the job duties as specified in the new job are 50% or more correlated to the duties described in the underlying labor petition.

If you can match that up as closely as possible first and make sure there are no issues there, then , it should be easier to work on a designation that falls in b/w a BA and Software Developer title for AC21 purposes.