Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 02-01-2016, 09:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
messengerofgod is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Why Live Status is not showing monthly subscription in the total?
Not a "core" IV member, and I am not speaking for IV, but my understanding is it resets every month and keeps track on donations as they come in.

So if you signed of the monthly contribution on the 10th of January, you will be billed for your contribution on the 10th of every month (including February), and the status of the donation jar will be updated.

As the month progresses, you should see it fill up - or fall short (if a lot of last month's donation was one time donations).

Hope this makes sense.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-02-2016, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2015
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skrovvidi is on a distinguished road
Default My recurring contributions

Subscription # S-5RB88062SA207091K

Old 02-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
moon_walker333 is on a distinguished road

Subscribed! Time to go in and get it done.

Subscription # S-3HV50308YD7068922

Old 02-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by messengerofgod View Post
Not a "core" IV member, and I am not speaking for IV, but my understanding is it resets every month and keeps track on donations as they come in.

So if you signed of the monthly contribution on the 10th of January, you will be billed for your contribution on the 10th of every month (including February), and the status of the donation jar will be updated.

As the month progresses, you should see it fill up - or fall short (if a lot of last month's donation was one time donations).

Hope this makes sense.
Yup. That's exactly how it works.

Old 02-03-2016, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this thread again. We have only $300 contributions this month so far. We are way off our target.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 02-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough RandomizedPrecision is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Bumping this thread again. We have only $300 contributions this month so far. We are way off our target.
I noted that last month got a significant bump after the call to action on fundraising was posted on Facebook. Can you please post a note again for February on the facebook page? That should get people going - I hope.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
abget59 is on a distinguished road
Smile Do the recurring of Jan get counted in Feb or not?

Does the tracker for the donations for Feb 2016 (http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/co..._donations.php) count the recurring donations from Jan or not? Since there were several recurring donations from Jan, shouldn't they show up on this tracker for Feb?

Old 02-07-2016, 11:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I am sorry for my reply... i just realized that the Jar (bucket) of contribution for Feb 2016 will be updated as and when the date of recurring payment arrives. So, let's just continue our monthly contribution of $100 every month as soon as possible.

Therefore, bumping this thread

Old 02-10-2016, 12:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Bumping this thread to the top since we have only received about 20% of the donations to hire a lobbyist to help immigrants.

Old 02-15-2016, 06:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough subbuss is a jewel in the rough

Started my subscription for a modest amount. S-60T81580PM541445B.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice what_if is just really nice
Default Another call?

In my opinion, the most effective way to get more people to subscribe is to have monthly calls and talk to them about what is going on. I do understand that it may not be possible but it would certainly help in carrying on the momentum.
It is very interesting to me that so many people still don't see this as an investment in their future.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nvedia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by what_if View Post
In my opinion, the most effective way to get more people to subscribe is to have monthly calls and talk to them about what is going on. I do understand that it may not be possible but it would certainly help in carrying on the momentum.
It is very interesting to me that so many people still don't see this as an investment in their future.
Its because of the very fact that there are no calls/updates on whats going on or happening in IV world
People want to be aware about the updates even if it means "wait and watch" or "something is being done". It doesn't necessarily always have to be a success story or something concrete

Old 02-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute kichoudh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Recurring Contribution

I have added a recurring contribution last week.

Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute devndev has a reputation beyond repute
Default bumb

since we fell short last month

Old 03-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough vikidisi is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvedia View Post
Its because of the very fact that there are no calls/updates on whats going on or happening in IV world
People want to be aware about the updates even if it means "wait and watch" or "something is being done". It doesn't necessarily always have to be a success story or something concrete
We have talked about this before. There is so much that goes on on a daily basis that sure, we would love to even provide daily updates. But we have learnt it first hand (EAD -I-140 is a great example), that its dangerous. Anything shared by IV, then becomes a topic of discussion for the keyboard warriors all over the internet.

We are not kidding when we say that we are working against and fighting some of the biggest special interest groups of employers and immigration lawyers. I know it sounds like a conspiracy theory, and I don't expect you to believe me. (Hopefully after reading some of the comment submissions, it is more clear now) But I have seen this happen first hand.

Every time we have something public to share it is shared on our forums and our Facebook page. People signing up for contributions feel like they should know everything about our internal workings and analysis. That is first, not possible and second, dangerous to our own cause.

It is unfair to hold IV to a different standard than any other group that claims to represent you.