Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications
Click to log in with Facebook
Receipt tracker of 485, EAD and AP applications Track receipt notices, checks and processing delays in 485, EAD and AP petitions.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gratnakar is on a distinguished road
Default Forgot to renew EAD. Expiring sep 03 -2012. Help

Hello Friends-
My EAD is expiring on Sep 03 -- 2012. I forgot to renew it. I am going to apply now. I have few questions:

1. Can I work while the EAD renew application is in process.
2. How long it takes to get the receipt notice. I heard something that we can continue work when we have receipt notice.
3. How much ahead of time usually we need to apply for EAD. I have only one month left to apply.

Please help

Thanks
Ratna
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold bsnf is a splendid one to behold

You should apply today itself, do online filing.

You can apply 120 days in advance.

We got the receipt in less than 2 weeks and approval in 4 -6 weeks ( don't remember exactly)

Sorry don't know the answer to other questions.

Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Apply it right away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratnakar View Post
Hello Friends-
My EAD is expiring on Sep 03 -- 2012. I forgot to renew it. I am going to apply now. I have few questions:

2. How long it takes to get the receipt notice. I heard something that we can continue work when we have receipt notice.
3. How much ahead of time usually we need to apply for EAD. I have only one month left to apply.

Please help

Thanks
Ratna
We received our EAD cards within 15 days of filing. You might get them too. Apply it right now.

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Old 08-02-2012, 12:34 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hello Friends-

Please help

Thanks
Ratna
1. You can work until Sept 3rd on your current EAD while your EAD is under renewal. If your renewed EAD doesnt show up before Sept 3rd, you need to stop work until it does and your employer needs to put you off payroll.
2. If you E-File, you should get your receipt notice within 10 days by email. You cannot continue to work based on your receipt notice - this has no meaning at all. You must have valid EAD to work.
3. you might be lucky and get the EAD within 1 month if you file today and send your supporting documents today. It took me 1.5 months to get mine.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

What about the rule where you can be present/work for 180 days without authorization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswaminathan View Post
1. You can work until Sept 3rd on your current EAD while your EAD is under renewal. If your renewed EAD doesnt show up before Sept 3rd, you need to stop work until it does and your employer needs to put you off payroll.
2. If you E-File, you should get your receipt notice within 10 days by email. You cannot continue to work based on your receipt notice - this has no meaning at all. You must have valid EAD to work.
3. you might be lucky and get the EAD within 1 month if you file today and send your supporting documents today. It took me 1.5 months to get mine.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:54 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhssatya View Post
What about the rule where you can be present/work for 180 days without authorization?
I have not heard of such a rule or heard USCIS allowing someone to work without authorization. This would be totally against USCIS policies unless I am missing something.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare

Quote:
I have not heard of such a rule or heard USCIS allowing someone to work without authorization. This would be totally against USCIS policies unless I am missing something.
ok correction - it seems you are referring to this
http://www.immigration.com/sites/def...k)_14Jul08.pdf
I dont understand the jargon on whether you are protected within 180 days or not based on eligibilty. All i can say is that if you continue to work during expired EAD, you are acrruing unlawful employment - and though this doc seems to show that one has 180 days protection - I'm not sure what they will do with you during your I-485 process or when you enter the country after vacation and get stopped or whether they will even find out.

Old 08-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold mhssatya is a splendid one to behold

Yeah. I was referring to the same article. It's better to not get into that mess and have an approved EAD in hand before the current one expires. But if we don't have one section 245(k) may be beneficial. This is my understanding of the article and do not take it as granted :-)

Quote:
I dont understand the jargon on whether you are protected within 180 days or not based on eligibilty. All i can say is that if you continue to work during expired EAD, you are acrruing unlawful employment - and though this doc seems to show that one has 180 days protection - I'm not sure what they will do with you during your I-485 process or when you enter the country after vacation and get stopped or whether they will even find out.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default EAD renewal

Quote:
Hello Friends-

Please help

Thanks
Ratna
1. No you can not work with out having actual EAD with you.
2. Since receipt notice is not useful, it is irrelevant when you get your receipt. But receipt usually comes very fast. We have only applied EAD online.
3. within 120 days. We usually apply by around 115 days. The last time we got our EAD in around 30 days.

Please keep your HR informed about the developments. In my company they take you off payroll, but reinstate with all previous benefits (Salary, accrued vacation, role etc.).

Old 08-02-2012, 04:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ranbon78 is on a distinguished road

it took 2+months for me in 2011. Though I applied online so after one and half months, USCIS asked for photo. i know for sure one is authorized to work only with valid EAD in hand.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
808hiflip is infamous around these parts 808hiflip is infamous around these parts 808hiflip is infamous around these parts 808hiflip is infamous around these parts 808hiflip is infamous around these parts 808hiflip is infamous around these parts
Default ok to work only if...

Quote:
hariswaminathan,

To my little knowledge, ok to work IF the guy has a pending I-485 or AOS or/with unexpired H1B, meaning in status. But if guy has expired H1B or out of status now and only relying on EAD until the validity of his EAD to work, meaning just using up the remainder of whats left on his EAD. Then if this EAD expires, he has to leave. But then I could be right or wrong. Just my thought!

*Disclaimer
I'm not a lawyer nor trying to be one, consult a competent and intelligent immigration lawyer for only them can direct you to the right way and answer all your immigtion matters. Do not use my reply as a definite answer to your queries as this is solely base on my personal opinion only.
Consult a competent immigration lawyer for all your immigration needs.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunithasree is on a distinguished road

To Ratna:

Have you received your EAD card?
I am also in similar kind of situation. Applied for renewal last week and my current EAD is valid till October. My e-application is submitted to Texas service center. Anybody received EAD from Texas service center recently? What is the approximate process time?

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Gratnakar is on a distinguished road

Applied on aug 7th online and received EAD on Sep 8th. Mine is TSC too.

Got done biometrics too

Old 09-13-2012, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute cool_desi_gc has a reputation beyond repute

Mine got renewed in 35 days after a lot of escalations and calls. Overall the renewals are taking long time. I had to stay away from work for less than 2 weeks while the application is in process. You cannot work while you application is pending. If you applied for a replacement card, you can work on the reciept. But when you applied for renewal, YOU CANNOT WORK.

Old 09-19-2012, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunithasree is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replies.

To Ratna,
I applied through online as well. Did you send any supporting documents?

Thanks.