Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Non-Immigrant Visas
Click to log in with Facebook
Non-Immigrant Visas All Non Immigrant Visas - B/H/F/J...

Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AirWaterandGC can only hope to improve
Default Refrain from making unnecessary comments please

Hello miguy,
Lots of money is subjective. I would suggest to refrain from making remarks personal to anyone. Although I am from India, please do not assume and suggest members to go to India or anywhere else for that matter.
CA citizenship helps one by allowing one to work on TN visa, ability to switch jobs on will .... no dependency on H1B employer.

Fro everyone who has a prejudiced eye :
CA and India are both great countries. So please avoid unnecessary criticism of any country. It does NOT serve any purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguy
dude, you sure got lots of money. Why don't you invest that money in a business and reap benefits or better just take that money to India and retire.
I am not sure how getting Canadian Citizenship will help your cause.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-27-2009, 12:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ichigo85 will become famous soon enough ichigo85 will become famous soon enough

What is amazing that other people are interested in telling others that go and live in this country. its one's personal choice, whether he chooses, Canada or Bangladesh. It's his personal choice.

So guys stop making useless remarks.

Old 04-27-2009, 04:08 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage View Post
45 Lacs for Canada. Not worth it... Canada is not even worth 1 lac. I don't know why people go there to live in -30 -40 degree centigrades. Our country also have food. It's like whatever it takes I don't want to live in my country no matter what!!! even if it is Bangladesh..
Times of India is know to cook and spice up the story. You dont get citizenship , you get PR. Plus Canada is not worth that much.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/21/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
cdeneo can only hope to improve

500000 to 1 million USD for US GC based on investment.

Difference between CA and US is - money in CA is invested with the government that you get back after a specified period of time where as for the US one has to invest in a business and hire 10 american citizens (500000 to 1 Million depending on locaton) or invest in a pre selected business by a USCIS as a silent partner (500000 USD).

The issue with the US is that since it is a buiness - your money is not safe/you may loose it or be stuck for many years. For CA you are guaranteed to atleast get the sum you invested after a set period (though w/o interest).

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderson View Post
do they have anything like this in US (like Desjardins’ scheme)?

Old 04-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute eb3_nepa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sorry I could not resist

Sorry I could not resist replying.

If I had 45 LAKHS why on EARTH would I choose to live in CANADA of all places. You would have to be MENTAL to live there if you had 45 LAKHS to spare. You could live like a KING almost anywhere with THAT kind of money.

Again please dont take my comments out of context, I am in no way dissing the person who posted this. I am just absolutely amused by the sillyness of the plan

Old 04-27-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2011
Compare
gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute gc_on_demand has a reputation beyond repute
Default also u need 45lacks white money

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb3_nepa View Post
Sorry I could not resist replying.

If I had 45 LAKHS why on EARTH would I choose to live in CANADA of all places. You would have to be MENTAL to live there if you had 45 LAKHS to spare. You could live like a KING almost anywhere with THAT kind of money.

Again please dont take my comments out of context, I am in no way dissing the person who posted this. I am just absolutely amused by the sillyness of the plan
If you have that much + consider some 10 lack for initial migration and lawer / visa fees. white money... why to come canada and waste half life to recover what u had ?

Old 04-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2002
Compare
Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of Redeye has much to be proud of
Default Pardon my ignorance

Doesnt 45 lakhs = $90 k USD. When immigrants in US are ready to put in 400k to 500k for house (down payment in this case should be 100k) amI missing something?

Seems like there are people in this forum who have that kind of money. For me however that is a lot of money for a PR.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future americandesi has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
Times of India is know to cook and spice up the story. You dont get citizenship , you get PR. Plus Canada is not worth that much.
I second that. This old article is misleading. Investing C$400,000 makes one eligible to apply for Canadian PR in Investor category and doesn't guarantee one unless his/her medical examination and criminal/security checks come out good. The processing time for applications for permanent residence varies from country to country and for New Delhi Visa Office it’s around 72 Months. Hence it's not like give C$400,000 in one hand and receive PR in another. Also note that one need to be physically present in Canada for 3 consecutive years to apply for Canadian citizenship.

The article doesn't take all these factors into consideration and just tries to sensationalize things with false information.

Old 04-27-2009, 05:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts Marphad is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
I went through the site. Canada requires $400K Canadian dollar to invest with assurity that you have earned $800K by your own - you must have $400K aside with you.

What did you say? Something like 45lac (100K may be.... ).

New zealand has $1M NZD that they are planning to increase to $2M NZD for investor PR.

US has $500K to $1M depends on the labor situation on the business you are planning to invest in.

Last edited by Marphad; 04-27-2009 at 05:30 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.