Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/13/2007
Compare
superdude has a spectacular aura about superdude has a spectacular aura about
Default Let us move this thread to the announcements section forums

More visibility.I will inform all my buddies. Contributed 100 one time. Will be signing up for dollar a day(30) monthly contribution.
Bookmark and Share Compare

Old 07-18-2007, 03:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute anilsal has a reputation beyond repute

Folks who have signed up for monthly contributions should be commended. Good job! I am sure you will not regret donating to IV.
- Fight global warming/climate change.
(http://savetheplanet4kids.blogspot.com/)<=

Old 07-18-2007, 05:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
everonh1 has a spectacular aura about everonh1 has a spectacular aura about

Guys,
Contributed $150 to IV's purpose in 2 bill pays.

Immi_voice ZB6BWETP 07/18/2007 $100.00
07/09/2007 $50.00 HB2BOEAO Immi_voice

Will make recurring monthly contributions also.

Have asked my brother and 3 friends to contribute and support IV.

Lets all work towards a common goal.

Cheers.
everonh1

Old 07-18-2007, 07:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jgh_res will become famous soon enough

This thread needs to be bumped up lot of times. People dont forget to donate.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 07-18-2007, 09:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold Libra is a splendid one to behold

i want to sign up for monthly contribution 20 dollars each month, but i dont have paypal account, any idea?

Old 07-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future
Default Still Waiting?

Guys, please sign up, contribute and make IV stronger.

We're lucky that IV leadership is so devoted to 'our' cause. There would be very few individuals in this world, who can even think of selling their house for benefit of a group. Hats off to Aman!!! You're a hero, sir!!!

Now here is our leader selling his personal house for a collective good, and here we are.... a group of 21000 and not more than 2000 (optimistic figure) are contributors... A big shame!!

Those who got benefited by selfless efforts of Aman, and core team, but still did not contribute ... do you have any explanation for 'yourself'?

It's not about $10, 20, 50, 100 .... A person is ready to sell his house for your cause and you can't even make a small contribution in your own cause.

Those who are not contributing, and some who still have doubts, just read numerous media reports of praise of IV and how IV was instrumental in the outcome of July 2nd visa mess. And then..

Just stand up in front of a mirror and ask yourself - is your inaction justified? Is it your pocket that does not allow you to contribute or it's just moral poverty that doesn't let you do it? Is it justified to just 'wait and watch' how others fight for you, and when it comes to reaping the fruits.. you'll run to be first in line.

Is it not the time that you come out, listen to your antar-atma (inner soul) and contribute something for your own fight....?

Old 07-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future amits has a brilliant future

Libra, you can create paypal account. It's very easy.
Go to this link, it has all the details;

http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...owToContribute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra
i want to sign up for monthly contribution 20 dollars each month, but i dont have paypal account, any idea?

Old 07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sample email to send to friends and invite them to join IV

I have emailed this letter to 2 of my friends. I am hoping that they will join IV and contribute. I Originally posted it in the "IV Core thanks its member thread.". I thought it might be of some use to someone and hence decided to post it here too!

===========================================

Hi (friend),

I hope everything is fine at your end. I just wanted to introduce you to this community called Immigration Voice. Incase you have not heard about them before, I am sure you will find this email very informative. Check out their website http://immigrationvoice.org/ . These are the actual people who made it all happen in the month of July. Its a big community consisting of folks like us. The immigration voice (IV) has got a core group, which leads all the efforts.

The IV core group was the one that was working on all the negotiations with the USCIS. Also, they were the ones who organized the flowers protest. They also organized a Rally in San Jose for the same cause. I have attached several links, which will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Rally Video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X-dduQvFmfY

JULY 2007 VISA BULLETIN FIASCO: A POST-MORTEM
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/News.aspx?...age=1&Year=All

The Gandhi Protests Pay Off
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...716_514499.htm

The Gandhi Protests
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...713_687551.htm

Relevant YouTube Video- Flower Protests
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MigvhFq8zhY

http://www.humanflowerproject.com/in...migrants_plea/

(add more links if you want!)

I have been a member of this community for (so much time) and I am convinced that they will play a very important role in our immigration process. (Explain your contribution money, efforts). I am sure lot of work has to be done after we file our I-485. We have to make sure that our wife gets the Work permit and advance parole documents in time and I am sure IV will work on making that happen. Also, nothing is certain until we get the actual Green Card in hand.

As a conclusion, I advise you to research their website, go through the links I have provided above and find out what IV is all about. Once you have done that then, you can join the IV community and finally start contributing and fund the IV group because they are working for Our Cause!

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 07-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
NJpatel is infamous around these parts
Default Amazing...labor approved in just 2 days!!!

How did your labor get approved in just 2 days. I have never seen such case before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescadaman
I have emailed this letter to 2 of my friends. I am hoping that they will join IV and contribute. I Originally posted it in the "IV Core thanks its member thread.". I thought it might be of some use to someone and hence decided to post it here too!

Hi (friend),

I hope everything is fine at your end. I just wanted to introduce you to this community called Immigration Voice. Incase you have not heard about them before, I am sure you will find this email very informative. Check out their website http://immigrationvoice.org/ . These are the actual people who made it all happen in the month of July. Its a big community consisting of folks like us. The immigration voice (IV) has got a core group, which leads all the efforts.

The IV core group was the one that was working on all the negotiations with the USCIS. Also, they were the ones who organized the flowers protest. They also organized a Rally in San Jose for the same cause. I have attached several links, which will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

Rally Video
http://youtube.com/watch?v=X-dduQvFmfY

JULY 2007 VISA BULLETIN FIASCO: A POST-MORTEM
http://www.cyrusmehta.com/News.aspx?...age=1&Year=All

The Gandhi Protests Pay Off
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...716_514499.htm

The Gandhi Protests
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...713_687551.htm

Relevant YouTube Video- Flower Protests
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MigvhFq8zhY

http://www.humanflowerproject.com/in...migrants_plea/

(add more links if you want!)

I have been a member of this community for (so much time) and I am convinced that they will play a very important role in our immigration process. (Explain your contribution money, efforts). I am sure lot of work has to be done after we file our I-485. We have to make sure that our wife gets the Work permit and advance parole documents in time and I am sure IV will work on making that happen. Also, nothing is certain until we get the actual Green Card in hand.

As a conclusion, I advise you to research their website, go through the links I have provided above and find out what IV is all about. Once you have done that then, you can join the IV community and finally start contributing and fund the IV group because they are working for Our Cause!

Old 08-03-2007, 05:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
reachtoravi is on a distinguished road
Default How about asking people with $20 monthly to step up to $50 per month ?

I understand that only few people contributing doesn't work in long term ...But in the mean time how about asking people who are already donating to consider stepping up ??

Monthly Recurring contribution : $50

Old 08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future
Default signed up again for $25/month

Hi,
I was a monthly contributor some time ago...and I signed up for $25 / month to go straight from my account starting tomorrow.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute thescadaman has a reputation beyond repute

^^^^ Bump^^^^

People.. please contribute...!! Sign up for monthly recurring payments. IV is OUR Team working for OUR Cause.

Responding to an earlier post. Yes.. apparently, "control systems engineer" job title sounded like a harmless position to Chicago and they approved my PERM application in 2 days and my lawyer got the hard copy in 5 days.

Participated in Advocacy Day - April 2011
Participated in DC Rally - Sept 2007
Texas State Chapter - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/texasiv

Old 08-10-2007, 08:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
7/23/2007
Compare
gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future gcpadmavyuh has a brilliant future
Default $100 + 50/mo

Made a one time contribution of 100.00$ yesterday e DC rally. Signed up for 50.00$/month recurring contributions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny1000 View Post
With CIR in the horizon (as early as next week), IV needs all the funds it can get to lobby for its members. With that in mind, I am starting this thread (just like the one we had a couple of months ago).

I just contributed an one-time payment of $50. I will make another contribution of $250 if the other members can bring this marathon total to $20,000 or more. (Even though this is no match to the challenge that was posed by Anurakt in the earlier marathon).

Please contribute generously as this might be THE ONE. Please post the same in this thread to encourage others.

Again, thanks a bunch to the IV core group for their efforts.

Thanks.

Join the IV Minnesota Chapter

Proud participant of the September 18th Rally in DC. Flew in from Minnesota.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cutehemu is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks IV

Thanks for the wonderful job and showing a ray of hope.Sorry for being a leecher so far but I was worried whether my application would be filed on time because my employer was reluctant to file my I-485.

Old 08-16-2007, 12:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice FrankZulu is just really nice
Arrow Every Penny Worth !!

Have already signed up for $50 recurring.

$120 One time
$50 recurring

Closed Thread