Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 10-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kewlpal007 is on a distinguished road
Default need guidance

Hi my I140 is approved do i need to wait to apply for I485? or can i apply for it now ?
Secondly if i have already applied I485 do i just wait and keep checking the priority date on USCIS website ?
During this time if me and myspouse are separated how would that affect the process i am the primary petitioner and he is dependant ...
Bit confused would appriciate someones response ..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2009, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute meridiani.planum has a reputation beyond repute

inline...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlpal007 View Post
Hi my I140 is approved do i need to wait to apply for I485? or can i apply for it now ?

you can apply for the 485 is your priority date is current in the latest visa bulletin

Secondly if i have already applied I485 do i just wait and keep checking the priority date on USCIS website ?

Yes, thats mostly all you can do. You could also try opening an SR or taking an INFOPASS appointment to check the status of your case.

During this time if me and myspouse are separated how would that affect the process i am the primary petitioner and he is dependant ...

you wont be affected. his case is a gray area. IN general a case lasts only as long as the relationshp with the petitioner does, but a recent case on Murthy was interesting:
Murthy Law Firm Obtains I-485 for Spouse Legally Separated

MurthyDotCom : Murthy Law Firm Obtains I-485 for Spouse Legally Separated

Old 10-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Welcome to IV.

kewlpal007,

Whether you wait in line or not depends on

1. Your country of chargeability( usually origin country).
2. Your EB category ( EB1, EB2, EB3 )
3. Priority Date ( Date which you filed for your Labor incase of EB2/3 or I-140, in case of EB1)

If you are from India,China and NOT in EB1, you may have to wait in line for 10 years or more.

With out your details, you'll only hear vague and not so useful answers.
Please complete your profile on IV; that way you get to hear more suitable answers. You don't need to enter any of your personal details. ( Just your PD, country etc, check others profiles if you are wary about entering details.)

Thanks,
Leo07
Quote:
Originally Posted by kewlpal007 View Post