Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Ask an Attorney - > FREE Lawyer conference calls
Click to log in with Facebook
FREE Lawyer conference calls This forum is for asking questions from Immigration Attorney.
--------------------------------------------
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER:
--------------------------------------------
By participating in this forum or reviewing or reading a transcript or recording of any forum discussion or conference call, you agree that you have read and understand the following disclaimer:
The information provided in this forum as well as any transcripts or recordings posted on this website or websites of participating law firms or attorneys is of a general nature and may not apply to any particular set of facts or to all circumstances. It should not be construed as legal advice and does not constitute an engagement of any participating attorneys or in any way establish an attorney-client relationship with any participating attorneys. You should not rely solely upon information that you may receive during any conference calls, or any transcripts or recordings of conference calls. You should consult an attorney of your choosing to obtain advice for your particular situation. Laws and regulations are constantly changing. The information provided during any conference calls and their transcripts or recordings was pertinent at the time of the conference calls, but may become outdated. We are not responsible in any way for any outdated materials.
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTICIPATING ATTORNEYS, LAW FIRMS, INDIVIDUALS, OR IMMIGRATION VOICE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONFERENCE CALLS, THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE WHERE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDINGS MAY BE POSTED, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE.

Old 02-14-2009, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about
Default On H1B - Project in Canada, Please suggest

My Employer -big 5- is asking me travel to Canada for project work. Project will be for several months. They are planning to apply for my Canadian work permit through their Canadian office (same company). I live in Michigan and I have been asked to travel every single week by air/road.

I am on H1 and my AOS is pending. I will continue to be on US Payroll as I am now.

Since I will be traveling every week, whether I will face any problem at POE?

Traveling by road is convenient to me and I am planning to use Blue Water Bridge (Port Huron) to cross the border. Anybody used BWB? Please share your experience.

Do I need to submit my I-94 every time when I cross into Canada? If anybody have the source for ‘30 day automatic visa re-validation’ document, please send me the link.

Thanks

I am not an attorney. Use it at your own risk.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2009, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about nogc_noproblem has a spectacular aura about
Default Bump

/\/\/\/\

Old 02-15-2009, 05:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brain_implosion will become famous soon enough brain_implosion will become famous soon enough
Default Border crossing

Its very very simple... If you are a canadian or us pr you can also apply for and get this:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html

Crossing the border is no big deal... you dont have to surrender your 194.

Old 02-15-2009, 01:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Thanks for your response.

But I am neither holding Canada PR nor US PR, I am on H1B. I am not eligible for Nexus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brain_implosion View Post
Its very very simple... If you are a canadian or us pr you can also apply for and get this:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html

Crossing the border is no big deal... you dont have to surrender your 194.

Old 02-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/27/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare

Do I need to submit my I-94 every time when I cross into Canada? If anybody have the source for ‘30 day automatic visa re-validation’ document, please send me the link.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2011
Compare
designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute designserve has a reputation beyond repute
Default I94

I once flew into Canada and didnot submit my I 94.I got a new I 94 with a different date.That date was just a month away.I wrote to ICE on thier website and asked them whether I need to go out of the country for a new stamping because of the I 94.They told me that I was legally inside with the old I 94...so,it worked for me.no need to change I 94 on every exit.

Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
RamBharose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogc_noproblem View Post
Some people do it daily. Not sure whether they have pr. you can try for first few weeks. When I came back from trip to Canada , I got new I-94 at SFO

Old 03-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute anilnag has a reputation beyond repute
Default No need to get new I-94 every time

I was in similar situation in 2007. You need not submit your I-94 all the time. First time I went to Canada by flight and submitted my I-94 before boarding the flight. I entered USA after a week by road. At POE checkpost, I was asked to go to immigration office next to POE to get a new I-94. IO checked the H-1B petition and gave a new I-94 which I remember had 'MULTIPLE' written at the bottom. IO asked me not to surrender this I-94 every time I go out of USA to Canada. He told to submit it to airline if I am going out to my native place in India but not for going back and forth to Canada.

I traveled several times on same I-94 without any issues. I was crossing boarder in Buffalo. Hope it helps.

Last edited by anilnag; 03-13-2009 at 06:11 AM.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Hopeful123 is on a distinguished road

You dont have to surrender your I-94 if your trip is less than 30 days. But if you plan to get your Visa revalidated in one of these trips then you need to surrender your I-94. Also, you can get a Canadian work visitor visa with multiple entries, instead of a work permit. I did this in 2006/07. I always flew to Canada. You should not have any problems especially if you are working for big-5. Their travel/hr/legal dept should take care of everything for u. Good luck