Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Non Immigrant Visas : H1, L1, H4, L2, F1 etc > Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation
Click to log in with Facebook
Out of status, employment gap and status revalidation Gap in employment(paystubs) and the resulting problems during status transfer and green card filing.

Old 03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
s2s1 is on a distinguished road
Default H1B>> RFE>>H1B Denial>>Appeal

I was with Company A till 28th Sep 2010 and my I-94 Expired on 8th Oct 2010. I applied for my H1B Transafer to Company B on 28th Sep 2010. i got RFE in Jan
2011 asking for Employee-Employer relationship. My Employer replied to that RFE including Client Letter.

In any case if my H1B is denied, then i will Appeal for it.
I want to know, if my H1B is denied, Then After i Appeal, Can i again Transfer My H1B to some other Company C and still stay in USA.

I am confused because my H1B visa is still stamped with the name of Company A, But i am with company B since 28th sep 2010 (but this Transfer is not done
yet). and my H1B as well as I-94 expired 6 months back.

Please tell me, Can i again Transfer My H1B to some other Company C, After i Appeal.
Your help will be Highly Appreciated.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future dealguy007 has a brilliant future

Sorry to hear about your situation, As far as i know you can only transfer to C if your B is approved or pending but not denied. You cannot transfer from A to C as you have 6 months gap between these two.
I would try fixing B's denial issue before i contact C or D.
Contact a Immigration lawyer before you take any steps.

All the best.

Old 03-31-2011, 11:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute willIWill has a reputation beyond repute

You cannot Appeal the H1 Denial. The H1 petition is not yours but your company's petition, you are just the beneficiary. You cannot even do an MTR by yourself. Your company should do that.

So when a denial comes in, you need to approach your company to do an MTR, appeal and so on..

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2s1 View Post
I was with Company A till 28th Sep 2010 and my I-94 Expired on 8th Oct 2010. I applied for my H1B Transafer to Company B on 28th Sep 2010. i got RFE in Jan
2011 asking for Employee-Employer relationship. My Employer replied to that RFE including Client Letter.

In any case if my H1B is denied, then i will Appeal for it.
I want to know, if my H1B is denied, Then After i Appeal, Can i again Transfer My H1B to some other Company C and still stay in USA.

I am confused because my H1B visa is still stamped with the name of Company A, But i am with company B since 28th sep 2010 (but this Transfer is not done

Please tell me, Can i again Transfer My H1B to some other Company C, After i Appeal.
Your help will be Highly Appreciated.

Old 04-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Russia
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold Mayday is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2s1 View Post
It does not matter what the stamp in your passport is - it is only for the border patrol to let you in. Since you are in the USA your valid status document is I-94 and currently your status is only valid because of your I-129 processing; when denied you will have to leave the country.

However you can get job offers from the other companies while you are still in the USA and have them applied for your H-1B as new petitions; referencing your I-129 from company A so you are not cap-counted and this will be same fast as H-1B transfer but without pay stubs needed. You then can leave country and come back on new H-1B.