Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
uslegals will become famous soon enough uslegals will become famous soon enough
Default EAD & Everify-appreciate any advice

Dear All,
I would appreciate your advice on my situation. This is my third EAD renewal. The notice date for on my I-797 is August 3rd . It’s almost 83 days now and I have not recd. my card. My current EAD expires on 11/4. I work for a university and have been told by HR that they will terminate me if my EAD approval does not come thru by 11/4.
My attorney has already contacted USCIS on 10/18 and I have opened 2 Service requests myself on the phone with USCIS. I have also contacted my state senator for his help.
I went for a infopass on Friday – the IO checked her system using my A# and told me that the case was approved on 10/12 and the card has been sent for printing. Unfortunately she could not print anything for me. The problem is the approval does not show up with the receipt number on the USCIS website. The IO told me to tell my employer to check the approval using “E-verify”. I don’t think my university has signed up for E-verify and i was told by someone that E-verify was only used for people working on federal contracts. Is that true.? Is there a way I can use this system to verify that my EAD is approved. I see no way out if I do not receive my EAD card by 11/4. What are my options here.? I would appreciate your kind advice/comments/suggestions.

Thanks a lot.!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2010, 09:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Iamin is a jewel in the rough Iamin is a jewel in the rough Iamin is a jewel in the rough
Default email ombudsman

Contact ombudsman. This is an independent agency within USCIS to resolve issues with USCIS. Email to this agency requesting them to send your approval dates via fax to your employer. Or your HR can send an email requesting for the approval date on your EAD renewal.

cisombudsman@dhs.gov

Old 10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute reddymjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Everify is not just for Federal

Quote:
Originally Posted by uslegals View Post
Dear All,
I would appreciate your advice on my situation. This is my third EAD renewal. The notice date for on my I-797 is August 3rd . It’s almost 83 days now and I have not recd. my card. My current EAD expires on 11/4. I work for a university and have been told by HR that they will terminate me if my EAD approval does not come thru by 11/4.
My attorney has already contacted USCIS on 10/18 and I have opened 2 Service requests myself on the phone with USCIS. I have also contacted my state senator for his help.
I went for a infopass on Friday – the IO checked her system using my A# and told me that the case was approved on 10/12 and the card has been sent for printing. Unfortunately she could not print anything for me. The problem is the approval does not show up with the receipt number on the USCIS website. The IO told me to tell my employer to check the approval using “E-verify”. I don’t think my university has signed up for E-verify and i was told by someone that E-verify was only used for people working on federal contracts. Is that true.? Is there a way I can use this system to verify that my EAD is approved. I see no way out if I do not receive my EAD card by 11/4. What are my options here.? I would appreciate your kind advice/comments/suggestions.

Thanks a lot.!!
Everify is not just for Federal. Any one can use it. I would say email to CISOmbudsman.Publicaffairs@dhs.gov and ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov, attach a email from your HR if you have one.

Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
uslegals will become famous soon enough uslegals will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your replies. I will contact the ombudsman.

Old 10-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
gonecrazyonh4 is on a distinguished road
Default Everify

Any company can sign up for everify. You need to check with your University to find out if they are taking part in Everify.

For Employers with federal contractors E verify is nonnegotiable. For most other employers its is a choice. Most Universities to my understanding are using e verify these days.

E verify is a good method for preventing fraud in employment verification process and should ultimately help the legal workforce in USA.

If your University does not use e verify moving to e verify in a matter of days might be difficult for them. Do check with your University HR and most probably they might be using it.

I am an hr and everify administrator for my company.