Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 09-28-2009, 11:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold leo2606 is a splendid one to behold

I was hoping I will atleast get by 2018, now you are moving it by aniother 2 years, thanks for brining me down today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looivy View Post
The FOIA numbers are probably the ones that have not been adjudicated whereas USCIS numbers (Total of 233,816) are the ones that have been adjudicated. If you are getting a date of 2018 based on USCIS data, it is probably likely that it will be 2019 or 2020.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see an update from IV with regards to pending 485 cases /FOIA request initiated by IV members / IV. But the huge difference in data made available to public via USCIS Home Page to the one provided via FOIA request is disappointing, though IV has paid for this per my understanding. Since USCIS updated, the data provided to IV is correct, though the one published in their website is different, it is really confusing. Just like the USCIS processing of cases. The data in USCIS website is as of Aug 25, When did IV get the FOIA request provided to them. Is it around the same time, thou the difference is so huge.
Think we probably have to wait until next updates are posted to USCIS website or if IV gets some updates, that is shared in general forums.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
kaalpurush is infamous around these parts
Default Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Aug, 2010.

I get this response from the USCIS calculator: Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Aug, 2010.
My priority date is Sept -05, EB3-ROW.
My lawyer says that there is very little chance of me getting greencard within 3 years.
I'm not sure which is correct. Does anyone have an idea?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaalpurush View Post
I get this response from the USCIS calculator: Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Aug, 2010.
My priority date is Sept -05, EB3-ROW.
My lawyer says that there is very little chance of me getting greencard within 3 years.
I'm not sure which is correct. Does anyone have an idea?
See the first post in the thread that explains the reason for difference in the tools.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of Honda has much to be proud of

There is lot of difference between these two links.

http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Result for Honda:
Your position is 7020 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Mar, 2012.

http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

Result for Honda:
Your position is 49601 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Apr-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is May, 2027.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future sanjay has a brilliant future

Two weeks back I mailed NSC for followup on my case and this is the reply I got from them. It's kind of standard reply and I don't think anyone had taken a look at my case. Just replied with standard diplomatic format mail.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Afternoon,

USCIS electronic records indicate that on XX-XX-07, our office received the Employment Based I-485 application referenced in your e-mail below. To date USCIS electronic records do not reflect that final action has been taken on that application. Please note that the background investigation that USCIS is conducting on that application is still not complete. Until that investigation is complete, final action cannot be taken on that application. Unfortunately, at this time it is not known how much more time will be needed to complete that investigation.

I understand that you may be frustrated with the progress of your application. However, in order to fulfill its mission to provide immigration benefits and services to the public, USCIS must balance its obligations to the individual applicant against its obligations to the public as a whole. Consequently, USCIS has adopted background security check procedures that address a wide range of possible risk factors, requiring various levels of scrutiny based on the type of application under consideration.

USCIS is committed to ensure that applications are processed within a reasonable period of time. In some cases, however, security concerns will not permit us to go forward. Given the number of applications submitted and the significance of immigration benefits, it is inevitable that some applications will require more attention than others. USCIS asks for your patience with your application. In return, USCIS promises to continue to seek a resolution to your application as quickly as possible.

I hope that this information will be of assistance to you. At this time I am closing your inquiry on this matter.

Thank you.
USCIS - Nebraska Service Center

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-29-2009, 02:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute gcwait2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default :confused: which one is correct? FOIA or USCIS website data

Can some one advise me which data is correct? whether the correct data is FOIA or USCIS website data?

If USCIS website data is correct, then the EB-2 cutoff date can not be 01/22/2005 and it should be much more earlier

Old 09-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute MDix has a reputation beyond repute

Is IV Planning any action for the wrong Data provided by USCIS under USCIS/FOIA request?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:13 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/05/2006
Chargeability
:
Poland
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/31/2007
Compare
glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future glus has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwait2007 View Post
Can some one advise me which data is correct? whether the correct data is FOIA or USCIS website data?

If USCIS website data is correct, then the EB-2 cutoff date can not be 01/22/2005 and it should be much more earlier
Hello,
Looking at the Visa Bulletins, I would say that USCIS data appears to be more accurate. I think USCIS provided IV with data that is somehow misinterpreted.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute dummgelauft has a reputation beyond repute
Default Has IV been able to confirm the validitiy of FOIA data

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Dear ImmigrationVoice members,

We are sharing details of the FOIA campaign results. USCIS had given us the data that our members had requested but we had concerns about the correctness of the data. The backlog numbers were very low and inconsistent with the overall backlog information we had from other sources including previous USCIS documents that are publicly available. IV contacted USCIS and USCIS said that the data given to us is correct. However at that time we decided to hold off releasing this information in public and avoid any confusion within the community until we get further clarification about the data received. We also weighed various options of action against USCIS and thus did not want to do a public announcement of the misleading data until the matter was settled. When USCIS published the data this week on their site we were able to easily compare the numbers and see how much the data was different. Even after looking at the data on USCIS website we have some unanswered questions on the data and we wish to seek clarifications. IV would keep members updated on this thread any further information we receive from USCIS.

We are happy that USCIS made this data available to the public. Until now such data was not available to the public and we do not know if anyone had requested it in the past. It is all due to the members of Immigrationvoice who contacted USCIS via hundreds of letters and contributed to the FOIA campaign that helped release of this data. The other good news is that USCIS would update this publicly available data on regular basis. Our community should feel proud of this accomplishment.

At this time we have created a tool for our members to compare both data provided by USCIS and see its results. The basic difference is as follows:
FOIA / USCIS
EB2C- 4111 / 19,333
EB2I - 9117 / 47,728
EB2M - 26 / 211
EB2P - 82 / 510
EB2R - 1716 / 7,150
EB3C - 1166 / 6,343
EB3I - 8681 / 62,607
EB3M -- 657 / 7,878
EB3P 1624 / 11,563
EB3R - 5779 / 62,840

Please review your line in the queue based on these 2 tools.

Based on FOIA data released to IV by USCIS http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS1.php

Based on data available on the USCIS website http://immigrationvoice.org/tracker/waitimesUSCIS2.php

Note: In order to view your number in the queue, please make sure to complete your key profile dates http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/pr...do=editprofile for the tool to calculate.

Thank you for your support
Team IV
Pappu, the delta between the two sets of data is simply too much. IV paid thousands of dollars to USCIS for this data, and it does not even remotley match with what USCIS have posted on their own website. Is anybody trying to findout from the USICS, as to what is going on with these two WIDELY differing sets of data.
FOIA data gives me an approval date of Aug 2012 w/out spillover and Nov 2011 w/spillover, ad tll you what, those, I can live with, but the USCIS data gives me 2019!! w/spillover.
We should atleast try and find out which is more accurate data. I mean if it is the USCIS own data that is more accurate, then I am sure a LOT of people will seriously consider packing up and leaving. Am I right?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcwait2007 View Post

I agree with this theory. I think Nov visa bulletin would prove this theory furher if the dates don't retrogress. If they do, then all bets are off. I am hoping they won't retrogress to 2004 or sometime before that.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Default Difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc_check View Post
See the first post in the thread that explains the reason for difference in the tools.
Hi,
Thanks for the response.
I'm not worried about the difference between the two tools. One of them says I will get a greencard next month. The other one says I will get it next year.

My lawyer says BOTH are over-optimistic.

I know it's a tough question, but what is the probability of the USCIS tool being correct(with no spillover correction)?

Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold sriramkalyan is a splendid one to behold

IV is a volunteer Organization ..
Can you follow up USCIS about this please . IV can you leads
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
Pappu, the delta between the two sets of data is simply too much. IV paid thousands of dollars to USCIS for this data, and it does not even remotley match with what USCIS have posted on their own website. Is anybody trying to findout from the USICS, as to what is going on with these two WIDELY differing sets of data.
FOIA data gives me an approval date of Aug 2012 w/out spillover and Nov 2011 w/spillover, ad tll you what, those, I can live with, but the USCIS data gives me 2019!! w/spillover.
We should atleast try and find out which is more accurate data. I mean if it is the USCIS own data that is more accurate, then I am sure a LOT of people will seriously consider packing up and leaving. Am I right?

Synonyms for inJustice:
Abuse, breach, crime, damage, dirty deal, discrimination, encroachment, favoritism, grievance, inequality, inequity, infraction, infringement, iniquity, malfeasance, malpractice, maltreatment, mischief, negligence, offense, one-sidedness, oppression, outrage, partiality, partisanship, prejudice, raw deal, rotten deal, ruin, sellout, transgression, trespass, unfairness, unjustness, unlawfulness, villainy, violation, wrongdoing

Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Bangladesh
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by glus View Post
Hi,
I think the calculator based on USCIS data is correct, or very close to correct. Once USCIS released the data I quickly started calculating how far I am. After adding Phillippines, China, Mexico and India, I figured there was about 32,000 pending apps before me. That would mean I should be able to adjust in late Summer 2010 or September. the IV tool showed my place in queue at 30800 and, said I should be able to adjust in September next year. So I think the tool based on USCIS data works fine.
Are you sure?
My priority date is just before yours (Sep-05), and the tool says I will adjust in August 2010. I'm EB-3 ROW too. My lawyer says there is no chance anything would happen within the next THREE years.

Old 09-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts sledge_hammer is infamous around these parts

I-485 India - 111,296 applications till date (EB1,2,3,4,5, EW)

http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/New%20Str...%20Reports.pdf