Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion > Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins
Click to log in with Facebook
Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins Issues surrounding the retrogression of the priority dates for the various employment based categories

Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light cableching is a glorious beacon of light
Default Send a request thru Senator or take an Infopass appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by inderman View Post
I opened an SR with NSC to see if my case is preadjudicated or not as my 485 becomes current on 1'st Oct 09 and here is the email response i received...

The status of this service request is:

The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open.

Until the background investigation is completed, we cannot move forward on your case. These background checks are required to be completed on all applicants who apply for the immigration benefit you are seeking. We will make every effort to make a decision on this case as soon as the background checks are complete. If you do not receive a decision or other notice of action from us within 6 months of this letter, please contact us by calling our customer service number provided below.

I have no idea what i am supposed to do now to take care of this...
Any one else on the same boat ?
It is agaian a freind's freind had kind of issue. One guy did not get approval eventhough his data wase current for a long time. So, he inquired thru the Senator and they got a response saying that FBI Namecheck is pending. What had happened was FBI came to his house a number of times to tlak to him as part the Namecheck, but could not find this guy at home. As he was not married and was always late to home. SO, his case was namecheck was never cleared. After he got to know about this, he used come home early. One day two guys from FBI came to his home and inquired about the calls he had been making to Mid-East. Apparently this guys had a brother in Mid-East and was calling him regularly. He tols them that he's calling his brother and asked him few more questions and said they would do an enquiry and complete the namecheck.

After few days his namecheck was cleared and he got his GC.

May be there is some check pending on you, we never know what it is. Call FBI and ask if they have cleared your namecehck.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 09-25-2009, 03:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default question

First congratulations to all who recvd GC. Glad to see so many pouring with good news.
For gurus in this forums question abt NBC.
How long does it take to get interview notice once the case is transferred to NBC and is there anything that we cld do to expedite the interview letter.
As a matter of fact I have Infopass appt today afternoon and I want to to be prepared to ask right questions.
I wld appreciate any suggestions in this direction.
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough kittu1991 is a jewel in the rough
Default We got the magic email.

Hi All,
Finally we got the magic email of approval for me and my wife. Thanks IV for all the help in this long process. Reading through all the posting in this forum I have learned a lot about the whole process, that I was even more knowledgable than the attorney in some cases.
Good luck to everyone waiting.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/18/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold apb is a splendid one to behold
Default infopass exp

Very cordial IO at infopass.
Address on my wife's file is correct. Address on my file is incorrect.
Step 1 -- Changed address

Now the question. Why the case got transferred.
He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.
Will get response by end of Oct.

Btw, I told him that I recvd emails on both our 485 notifying transfer to NBC.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.
I 140 approved
I 485 Date received July/20/2007
RD July/20/2007
ND Aug/17/2007
FP Oct/5/2007
EAD/AP - Received
GC interview date Nov/2009
GC approved Feb/17/2010

If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

[quote=ruchigup;953197]When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

Ruchi,
I followed your advise and luckily got a nice IO who said will send me a copy. I just received copy of RFE and am really laughing at rfe. I can respond to rfe in next 20 minutes- but i had been worried as i changed employers twice without ac21.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of MYGC2008 has much to be proud of
Default RFE about what?

What is the content of RFE?

[quote=gbof;968388]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchigup View Post
When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

Ruchi,
I followed your advise and luckily got a nice IO who said will send me a copy. I just received copy of RFE and am really laughing at rfe. I can respond to rfe in next 20 minutes- but i had been worried as i changed employers twice without ac21.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Compare
InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future InTheMoment has a brilliant future

apb,

As someone with the same PD who got approved long ago, I cannot bear to see that you are still waiting. Did you try the congressional inquiry route ?

LOST category is simply ridicuous... go check with your congressperson. As you might know each Service Center has a congressional inquiry unit to look into cases such as yours.

Good luck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post

He checked and said that though my wife's case got transferred to NBC, mine is still at Nebraska under LOST category.
Question what is lost category -- It means they do not have everything in order to pull and review the case.

Step 2- Sent note to NSC notifying mine and wife's case has to be tteated in same place and why my case is in under LOST category.

Next q is there anything to expedite the interview (if they are going to ask for one). He said for EB they normally won't do it. ( I am not agreeing here). But there is nothing that can be done till they get the case from LOST to "found" category.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/29/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice greencard_fever is just really nice
Post Wow Crazy USCIS..

What dose LOST category mean..they can not just say your file is in LOST category and get away...contact your attorney and do some thing fast to locate your file use all options(congressmen,senator)..otherwise they will never bother to work on your case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by apb View Post

Old 09-26-2009, 03:01 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
ruchigup will become famous soon enough ruchigup will become famous soon enough

wow, so you are going to respond to RFE yourself. I spent big money on it.
BTW what is RFE about?

[quote=gbof;968388]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchigup View Post
When I talked with IO upon receiving the RFE, I was told that RFE will go only to attorney if G-28 has been filed. But as a curtsy, she sent a duplicate of the RFE to me, that said COPY on the RFE letter when I received. If I had not called and talked to the IO, RFE would have gone only to attorney of record.

Ruchi,
I-485 Approved 9/15 & received cards 9/21 !!!

Old 09-26-2009, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future gbof has a brilliant future

[quote=ruchigup;970034]wow, so you are going to respond to RFE yourself. I spent big money on it.
BTW what is RFE about?

I wil check with my attorney to avoid any mess uo and if the charges are minimal (couple of hundred) I will let him do it or else I have to mail just a piece of paper ( 'waiver'of 2-year residency condition' ) issued by uscis.

Old 09-26-2009, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-01
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2007
Compare
saro28 is just really nice saro28 is just really nice saro28 is just really nice saro28 is just really nice saro28 is just really nice

Finally My wife's GC got approved (PD 12/2004). We are now in india using H1-B. Can we enter using visa without waiting for actual card?

thanks.
I-485 filed 7/23/2007 at NSC <-> CSC <-> TSC
EAD approved 9/15/2007 at CSC
FP - Completed on 12/21/2007
2nd FP - Completed on 9/1/2009

Old 09-26-2009, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by saro28 View Post
Finally My wife's GC got approved (PD 12/2004). We are now in india using H1-B. Can we enter using visa without waiting for actual card?

thanks.

Good to see approvals still pouring in and uscis intending to use all 09-available numbers so that none is waisted. Those current now we get a bout of approvals in oct from 2010 fiscal ye quota. Good going thus far.

Old 09-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
srinish2004 is a jewel in the rough srinish2004 is a jewel in the rough srinish2004 is a jewel in the rough srinish2004 is a jewel in the rough
Smile

EB2
PD 23 Nov 2004
RD 02 Jul 2007
ND 22 Aug 2007
Center TSC
FP: 08 Sep 2007 (no RFE or second FP notice)

Opened SR 04 Sep 2009

1. Card Production Ordered - September 24th evening – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 25th morning – Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

I never on this forum or posted but read it in last couple of days. I thought it will help others to get some idea from above info.

I pray others will get the same message who is current this month and in future.

Thank you all and Good luck.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinish2004 View Post
EB2
PD 23 Nov 2004
RD 02 Jul 2007
ND 22 Aug 2007
Center TSC
FP: 08 Sep 2007 (no RFE or second FP notice)

Opened SR 04 Sep 2009

1. Card Production Ordered - September 24th evening Email [ Both Self and Spouse]
2. Notice Welcoming new Permanent Resident -September 25th morning Email [ Both Self and Spouse]

I never on this forum or posted but read it in last couple of days. I thought it will help others to get some idea from above info.

I pray others will get the same message who is current this month and in future.

Thank you all and Good luck.
Congratulations. Why should anybody give you red fot this nice posting. I gave you green to neutralise. Enjoy your freedom.

Those current keep your spirits high. Believe me, next week in their effort to utilize all unused visas there will see many many approvals.... also they will open lid 2010 fy Q1

Old 09-28-2009, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pasupuleti is infamous around these parts
Default Priority date Recapturing at 485

Hello,

My case was filed during july fiasco. My lawyers forgot to attach my earlier priority date from eb3 I140 to my eb2 I140. After reminding them several times, they finally they sent pd capture letter at I485 stage. It was done year ago. Now my old priority date is current, but USCIS is not looking at my file saying "waiting for visa availability". Several service requests resulted in mis match of information, sometimes they say both I140 are in the file, sometimes they give latest priority date.

My earlier eb3 pd is : feb 2004
eb2 pd is : june 2007

What are my options here? How do i get uscis to honor my earlier priority date?

Thank You