Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

Old 07-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all
Default Pro-immigration amendment added to senate's dhs spending bill

Great news! The Hatch widows bill (which removes the requirement that a couple must have been married for two years before a US citizen dies) passed and included in that bill were provisions extending the religious worker green card program and the Conrad 30 J-1 physician waiver program. Each of these programs were extended for three years. The EB-5 regional center program for immigrant investors was permanently reauthorized by the Senate yesterday. The House must agree to these amendments before they go to the President and I do not yet know whether the bill will go back to the House...

More...

Approved by IV Mods
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts

inn amendments ko chatega ? yaa poojegaa ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Feeds View Post
Great news! The Hatch widows bill (which removes the requirement that a couple must have been married for two years before a US citizen dies) passed and included in that bill were provisions extending the religious worker green card program and the Conrad 30 J-1 physician waiver program. Each of these programs were extended for three years. The EB-5 regional center program for immigrant investors was permanently reauthorized by the Senate yesterday. The House must agree to these amendments before they go to the President and I do not yet know whether the bill will go back to the House...

More...
Old 07-13-2009, 04:38 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

The Conrad 30 J-1 physician waiver program is good news.

IV Physicans group worked on it led by Core team member- Paskal. Paskal had made several trips to DC to get support for the bill. IV had also sent a letter of support and provided guidance in its advocacy effort to people involved.

Paskal may have to update the group on the provisions that went into the final amendment.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 07-13-2009 at 04:42 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute nosightofgc has a reputation beyond repute

I apologize for hijacking this thread. I could not find a way to create a new thread. I subscribed for monthly contributions almost 5 days back and still don't have access to Donor's forum. Emailed the admins, still no response. Can the admins take a look at this one please?

And also how do I create a new thread? I did this some time back, but could not find it where to start.

Thanks

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Contributed to all action items for H.R.3012 including $1400.00
Old 07-14-2009, 10:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosightofgc View Post
I apologize for hijacking this thread. I could not find a way to create a new thread. I subscribed for monthly contributions almost 5 days back and still don't have access to Donor's forum. Emailed the admins, still no response. Can the admins take a look at this one please?

And also how do I create a new thread? I did this some time back, but could not find it where to start.

Thanks
To start a thread:
Click on Forums menu-->Select an appropriate Discussion topic till you see a "New Thread" button. Click on the "New Thread" button to start a thread.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Paskal/Pappu

Please update us if only the conrad 30 J1 waiver is being extended or if the conrad 30 improvement act is being suggested here?
Old 07-14-2009, 03:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold hydboy77 is a splendid one to behold
Default Very bad news

I dont mean to be greedy or selfish but from a purely technical analysis this is extremely bad news for EB2\Eb3 India and China folks. Eb4 and Eb5 account for 10% of the 140000 EB green cards every year. If EB4 and Eb5 were discontinued these visas would have spilled over into Eb1,2,3 category. With the Eb4 and Eb5 extension in the senate bill we are screwed royally. There is heavy misuse in the Eb4 category, so much so that it Eb4 and EB5 may retrogress for India!!!!, there will never be any spillover from this category.

What amazes me is congress has been consistently backing eb4 and eb5 every year by extending it but nobody cares about eb2 and eb3. Not even provisions like STEM are making it.

To people who say stem will not happen, visa recapture will not happen and only solution is CIR because hispanic caucus or anti immigrants will not allow piece meal immigration legislation, I wonder how EB4 and Eb5 are consistenly being passed every year by the congress.

Last edited by hydboy77; 07-14-2009 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default Conrad 30

Unfortunately this is nothing but an extension of the current program which is set to expire again. There is an expanded Conrad Bill with several co spnsors waiting in the wings and efforts are continuing to find a vehicle for it. As always we are up against "CIR only' and "nothing goes" legislators from either party who command significant votes together despite their opposing stands on immigration.

The health care reform bill, if it sees light of day may be one such vehicle. In the meanwhile we need you to contact your legislators and inform them of the issues. Take copies of the bill and explain its benefits. This will be invaluable if the bill does come up.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update paskal.

It was just what i needed to make my mind...i am bored to death in this small town finishing my waiver hoping for this piece of legislation.( no hopes of my EB2 anyway).
Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by stemcell View Post
Thanks for the update paskal.

It was just what i needed to make my mind...i am bored to death in this small town finishing my waiver hoping for this piece of legislation.( no hopes of my EB2 anyway).
Thanks Paskal for letting everyone know the update. IV was a co-signatory with other medical advocacy groups to the letter for pushing Physician's provisions. Please contact Paskal if you wish to join the effort.

There are lot of doctors who are unaware about this and what they can do together to end their long wait. I have met some of them myself and talked about IV and its efforts for doctors. They joined IV effort but the doctor community by and large is still unaware of this effort and scattered.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------