Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

Old 09-11-2012, 04:08 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute neelu8 has a reputation beyond repute

Folks can we please refrain from Eb2 vs. Eb3 discussions and be respectful to everyone. I am going to delete all those posts. Any category based arguments and comments will not be acceptable here. IV works for all employment based immigration reform and works on whats fair and right. Period.

If it not clear to everyone that legislative fix is the only way forward, it should now be.
It is a very critical period right now for our bill. Stay tuned for more action items, spread the word and contribute so that we can put more resources into the lobbying efforts. This should be a call for action for those who have been on the sidelines. Channel your energies and frustration towards fighting for change as opposed to venting on forums and tracking, predicting etc.

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute

Guys, lets stop bickering about EB3 versus EB2.
If EB3 guys are porting to EB2 that is only because they are eligible after years of service.
There might be some fraud by bodyshoppers but most candidates are qualified.

Let us talk numbers.
Here is the demand data for EB2.
Here are some things I find surprising.

1. Demand from 2002-2008 is only 5500. I was expecting this number to be large because of porting. Is it safe to assume these will get cleared out in FY 2013? So even though 2004 date sounds scarier than 2006, things will move fast until we hit 2007. What we should be scared of is stagnation fro years.

2. 2008, 2009 demand is the most surprising to me. That was the worst time in terms of jobs and I did not expect candidates to be applying for EB2 in uncertain environment.
This suggests that lot of guys switched jobs or guys who ported had their EB3 during this period.

3. 2010-2012 numbers are low.

Good news for 2007 guys is that you are next. bad news for 2009 guys is that 2008 will take long time to get cleared. 2010 guys have it worse because they are behind two monster years. So If you are in 2012 you are almost same as 2010.

Period Cumulative Demand added
2002-2006 1350 1350
2007 5500 4150
2008 20000 14500
2009 30900 10900
2010-2012 34000 3100

Old 09-11-2012, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInTexas View Post
Guys, lets stop bickering about EB3 versus EB2.
If EB3 guys are porting to EB2 that is only because they are eligible after years of service.
There might be some fraud by bodyshoppers but most candidates are qualified.

Let us talk numbers.
Here is the demand data for EB2.
Here are some things I find surprising.

1. Demand from 2002-2008 is only 5500. I was expecting this number to be large because of porting. Is it safe to assume these will get cleared out in FY 2013? So even though 2004 date sounds scarier than 2006, things will move fast until we hit 2007. What we should be scared of is stagnation fro years.

2. 2008, 2009 demand is the most surprising to me. That was the worst time in terms of jobs and I did not expect candidates to be applying for EB2 in uncertain environment.
This suggests that lot of guys switched jobs or guys who ported had their EB3 during this period.

3. 2010-2012 numbers are low.

Good news for 2007 guys is that you are next. bad news for 2009 guys is that 2008 will take long time to get cleared. 2010 guys have it worse because they are behind two monster years. So If you are in 2012 you are almost same as 2010.

Period Cumulative Demand added
2002-2006 1350 1350
2007 5500 4150
2008 20000 14500
2009 30900 10900
2010-2012 34000 3100
THERE are 15000 EB2 I 140's approved just in 2012 financial year.
Check the attached file from USCIS for reference.

Old 09-11-2012, 07:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

After a zillion tries I finally give up on uploading the file (tried, .png, .zip, .doc) nothing works.
But you can find the same information about the certified labors in DOL wesite

Old 09-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Action item is over folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
To admins
Two suggestions, for what they are worth
1) Close this thread as this is turning ugly and bringing out the inbred anti's out of the woodwork
2) The iron has NEVER been hotter, to issue action item, and all the more considering the short time left for the window to close

To the other folks here. IV is not a place to air grievances toward your fellow immigrants, but to get together and LEND your VOICE toward action that will benefit our community. If you have grievances go elsewhere, maybe join numbers and do some math
Those looking for action item now are too late to wake up. They missed it by a few days and it will cost them a few years and maybe decade of wait time. they should all have shown up in San Jose. Only 2000 showed up. All other hundreds of thousands were busy playing cricket , predicting, tracking, hoping for a miracle or hair cut appointment.

Action item is over folks. Only a handful of guys who are desperate for greencard will work day and night for everyone sacrificing their personal life and career. All others can continue to enjoy retrogression and whine.

Sorry. But I am in a really bad mood today seeing all the deleted posts of the thread where eb2 and eb3 guys are whining. We all do not deserve HR3012 or any other bill.

Doing a big event is no small task. The least one can do if one did not show up is to contribute.

If we want to start over then the first starting point is to support Immigrationvoice by contributing. We did a big event. At least say thanks to all who organized it and offer your token of gratitude to others who stood up for you while you were enjoying your Saturday afternoon.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-11-2012 at 10:19 PM.

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKR View Post
After a zillion tries I finally give up on uploading the file (tried, .png, .zip, .doc) nothing works.
But you can find the same information about the certified labors in DOL wesite
Try uploading from IV wiki and put its link here. It works for large files. Forum has a size limit.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 09-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute StuckInTexas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKR View Post
THERE are 15000 EB2 I 140's approved just in 2012 financial year.
Check the attached file from USCIS for reference.
I am guessing these can be ported as well.
If these are new EB2s they would not matter but if most of these are ported then they make a huge difference even to 2007, 2008 EB2.
So these are in addition to demand data given by USCIS.

Old 09-11-2012, 11:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Those looking for action item now are too late to wake up. They missed it by a few days and it will cost them a few years and maybe decade of wait time. they should all have shown up in San Jose. Only 2000 showed up. All other hundreds of thousands were busy playing cricket , predicting, tracking, hoping for a miracle or hair cut appointment.

Action item is over folks. Only a handful of guys who are desperate for greencard will work day and night for everyone sacrificing their personal life and career. All others can continue to enjoy retrogression and whine.

Sorry. But I am in a really bad mood today seeing all the deleted posts of the thread where eb2 and eb3 guys are whining. We all do not deserve HR3012 or any other bill.

Doing a big event is no small task. The least one can do if one did not show up is to contribute.

If we want to start over then the first starting point is to support Immigrationvoice by contributing. We did a big event. At least say thanks to all who organized it and offer your token of gratitude to others who stood up for you while you were enjoying your Saturday afternoon.
I can only imagine your frustration at this point. I asked for the action items only because Mr. Aman had seemed optimistic at the summit, that it will be passed.

I am of course infinitely thankful to all active volunteers for their superhuman effort. I admire your energy, guys. In fact it is hard to put in words my true feelings about all you have done and so admirably well, so simply chose to remain silent

Old 09-12-2012, 12:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/31/2007
Compare
virat is on a distinguished road
Default Great Job IV

I was there for the summit and enjoyed being part of the movement. The summit was great and topics covered were good as well. I tried convincing many of my friends for this but none paid attention thinking that they are in EB2 and their number will be next. However many of them asked me later about how was it.

However I was hoping for a larger crowd. I was not there for the DC summit, and don't know how many people attended that. I think at that time more people wanted their applications to be accepted hence they came in large numbers, while this time many of those old people have already got the GC (in EB2 category) and they no longer want to participate. Possibly many in EB3 also have EAD and were not too eager as well.

Pappu, one of my friend's wife wanted to volunteer for the H4 cause. Pappu let me know who to contact for that.
Attended 2012 San Jose Rally
-------------------------------------------------------

Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
I can only imagine your frustration at this point. I asked for the action items only because Mr. Aman had seemed optimistic at the summit, that it will be passed.

I am of course infinitely thankful to all active volunteers for their superhuman effort. I admire your energy, guys. In fact it is hard to put in words my true feelings about all you have done and so admirably well, so simply chose to remain silent
Yes true. This bill will pass. We are very optimistic and this is why we all are working very hard every day. Now after this summit, many more people are joining this effort after coming to know what we do , how we do and hearing straight from the people from congress and administration. This is one of the achievement of the event. Our next action item will be much stronger due to the awareness we have created. People have been mostly thinking of us as just a website forum. They do not really know how advocacy works. I met so many people who narrated stories of their struggles. Despite all the posts n the forums where people pose as keyboard ninjas,in my experience meeting people in person I have found them to feel weak and scared due to the greencard struggles despite their degrees and high designations. Many people I met only knew about predictions and what they hear from lawyers. They came because their friends asked them to. If our community is stronger our action items will be stronger. This is why we need to cntinue to do events where people meet and talk. It is also something all IV state chapters should think about. We can do small meetups over weekends and bring more awareness And confidence in people to issues. People need to know that they can themselves work and get fix done rather than praying and hoping for somebody to do something for them.

===================
-----------

Old 09-12-2012, 07:32 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Virat Send me a PM with details if someone wants to volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers. However in our efforts we do not look at issues in isolation and do not have volunteers to work on just one issue. All issues are related and working for the main goal helps also tackle small issues alng the way.

===================
-----------

Old 09-12-2012, 09:15 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute needhelp! has a reputation beyond repute
Default Still need to create awareness

Those who are looking for action items, print a bunch of flyers and post them in your neighborhood grocery stores, universities, apartment complexes and wherever you think there is a high concentration of affected people.

You can find the flyers here: http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ly-2012-a.html

There are a million people affected by the issue, we need to find each one of them and inform them that there is only one unique organization serving only their interest.

Got GC in Sept 2011

Spread the RALLY message on:
Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki
Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Old 09-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immguser is on a distinguished road
Default Another Rally in Washington, DC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Virat Send me a PM with details if someone wants to volunteer. We are always looking for volunteers. However in our efforts we do not look at issues in isolation and do not have volunteers to work on just one issue. All issues are related and working for the main goal helps also tackle small issues alng the way.
Pappu,

How about having another rally in Washington, DC? Crowd will be very high this time if you could make that happen?

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,

Immiuser

Old 09-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by immguser View Post
Pappu,

How about having another rally in Washington, DC? Crowd will be very high this time if you could make that happen?

Any suggestions from the community?

Thanks,

Immiuser
Next time there is a talk of an immigration bill after this year it will be in 2014 or 2015 for CIR. People can plan for 2015. I will not be there. Don't have that much patience. But if others want to do it they can go ahead. This San Jose was the only chance for people to show up this year. If something happens then all 2000 will be ones to take credit for it.

===================
-----------

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default rally

immguser:

organizing a large event takes a significant "something" out of us! many of us spent days and nights in the run up to this event getting things together. many others spent countless hours in the run up doing outreach and making calls. people manned booths at fairs, went to temples and gurudwaras, created radio ads and travelled for town hall meetings. i think it was a significant achievement that we collected 2,000 people and packed the hall for Cong. Lofgren, but we are still cognizant of the fact that many fold that number are waiting in the bay area alone and it takes so much cajoling to get people to spare an afternoon for their own good. Also, much of that "persuasion" was done by people who already have a GC! go figure!!
besides all this effort and time, the events are very very expensive to organize. we want to reserve such large efforts for when we have specific goals and can get maximum bang for buck. it would be great to have another event but its not clear that it would change the relevant dynamic in DC right now. a different approach is called for in these upcoming days and we are fully engaged.

thanks for your enthusiasm, hope to see you fully engaged with action items in this critical time!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!