Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Compare
dcrtrv27 will become famous soon enough dcrtrv27 will become famous soon enough
Default Premium Processing for I485 --- possible?

Is tehre is any way for PREMIUM PROCESSING for I485 pending case?
In my case PD is current since years the I140 is approved. Backbround check etc is over. Confirmed by various sources that my case JUST needs to be picked up by IO.
I have somebusiness trips coming up. My employer want me to find out the way to get the GC faster that way there wont be any hassle for every year renewal od AP and also EADs. and then appplying VISAs which will expire along with teh AP last date.

Along with me my employer is also fed up now.
Our lawyer being stupid; the employer wants me to find out the way to expedite I485. Since it is in last stages I think theer could be quicker way.

I know there is the way WOM but is there any other way?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2008, 05:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deafTunes123 will become famous soon enough deafTunes123 will become famous soon enough

I am curious. What is WOM?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.

Gurus?

Old 11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrtrv27 View Post
In my case PD is current since years the I140 is approved. Backbround check etc is over. Confirmed by various sources that my case JUST needs to be picked up by IO.
I have somebusiness trips coming up. My employer want me to find out the way to get the GC faster that way there wont be any hassle for every year renewal od AP and also EADs. and then appplying VISAs which will expire along with teh AP last date.

Our lawyer being stupid; the employer wants me to find out the way to expedite I485. Since it is in last stages I think theer could be quicker way.

do a Ph.D. to qualify for EB-1; ask your employer to look in to EB-5 category if he is willing to invest some amount for you;marry a spouse not born in india, china, mexico, philipines or marry a spouse born in US. I don't know any other way.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by deafTunes123 View Post
I am curious. What is WOM?
To my knowledge there is no way to expedite the AOS process.

Gurus?
WOM means Writ of Mandamus. Its filing a case against USCIS when you case has been unnecessarily delayed. You need to exhaust all venues before approaching the court

Old 11-13-2008, 05:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/13/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute diptam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nope - Money or CreditCard is not the solution of everything !

Jokes apart - I-485 is the actual step of converting someone to a real Permanent Resident.

You don't have to worry about your Skill sets , loads of paperwork - you can do everything that an American can do apart from Voting. Its not a administrative processing step like I-140.

If on a higher level the politicians feel that economy is bad , umeployment is rocketing up they would do nothing to speed up 485 , rather slow it down... They don't want an extra immigrant to stand in the line for Food stamp or unemployment benefits.

Makes sense ?

Quote:
Is tehre is any way for PREMIUM PROCESSING for I485 pending case ?

Old 11-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/13/2007
Compare
LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute LostInGCProcess has a reputation beyond repute
Default The President

With his executive power he could expedite the adjudication of I-485. Call President Bush.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute addsf345 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInGCProcess View Post
With his executive power he could expedite the adjudication of I-485. Call President Bush.
also, I heard that if you serve in armed forces, you may qualify early. check on that too. what about asylum... sorry just kidding with you Hope IO will get time to look at your case soon and you would be approved.

Last edited by addsf345; 11-13-2008 at 05:56 PM.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Compare
Default Uscis Expedite Criteria.

I got the follwing form web site...Has anyone heard of trying this path?
I have full support from employer to make teh case fit in the first "severe financial loss to company or "individual"

USCIS Expedite Criteria
USCIS Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The criteria are as follows:

Severe financial loss to company or individual
Extreme emergent situation
Humanitarian situation
Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
Department of Defense of National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
USCIS error
Compelling interest of USCIS
If your case is at a local office at the time you need to make your emergency request, please go to the local office in person to make your request. Please be sure to take all supporting documentation with you.

If your case is at one of our Service Centers or the National Benefits Center, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283 to receive further instructions on where and how to send your request.

Old 11-13-2008, 10:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2008
Compare
arulz has a spectacular aura about arulz has a spectacular aura about
Default how about ..

Why dont you write to your COngressman or Senator?
If possible go and meet them They will help you. or even better have your employer also write to them expalining the circumstances.

Quote:

Old 11-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/19/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
03/13/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by arulz View Post
Why dont you write to your COngressman or Senator?
If possible go and meet them They will help you. or even better have your employer also write to them expalining the circumstances.
Arulz,
I did follwing things so far...

1) Wrote Congressman (Informed that I should get adjucation by 60-120days)
2) Wrote Senator,(Informed that I should get adjucation by 60-90days)
3) Wrote Ombudsman.,(Informed that I should get adjucation by 60-90days)
4) Called USCIS and raised thre SR so far.
5) Talked to IO atelast once a week since last one month. (Asked to wait for weeks everytime)
6) Had infopass past week : confirm teh case assigned to IO on Oct.17th

My background check is clear VISa is available PD ius current...Everything is ready to go....Except that sleeping IO should wait up and cleare his desk.
ONLY think now I need to do is track the IO and identify and contact him and wake him up and ask to do the needful.

Old 11-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-00
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Afghanistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lord_labaku will become famous soon enough

To the OP, I have a suggestion for you. Please try this in very good earnest.

Imagine in your mind, all through the weekend that your approval will come on Monday. Your priority date is current. You exhausted all options. You are very close. Maybe the IO has picked ur file & gone on vacation...maybe he will come back this weekend & just send an approval on monday. You have paid ur dues...u r very close....just relax. On renewing EAD & AP....just go ahead renew them...that will send another trigger for approval.

But the bottomline is - just imagine that u have already gotten ur approval.
Forget browsing immigration forums...forget logging into USCIS...forget about 'GETTING' the GC....just imagine that u 'ALREADY GOT IT'.

It makes a huge difference. trust me.