Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > All other Green Card Issues
Click to log in with Facebook
All other Green Card Issues I-140/I-485, Family Based Green Card

View Poll Results: Priority Date Current on June 1st 2011?
Yes 170 57.05%
No 128 42.95%
Voters: 298. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by royus77 View Post
You can open Infopass ..Infopass usually gives the idea if your case is pre-adjucated or not ( ike name check and FP are clear ) .The CSR has access to that data compared to level 1 CSR who got a webconsole.
Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I got when I tried to open an infopass:

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Since it has not been 45 days since my SR, can I open it? Did you open the infopass online? Thanks again.
And miles to go before I sleep.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-08-2011, 05:10 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rparuchuri can only hope to improve
Default Why infopass when you know the status of your case

I am not sure why you want to open infopass when you found out that your case has been pre-adjudicated. We already know that all cases preadjudicated will be assigned visa numbers (unfortunately not in any particular order)when their come current. You just have to be little more patient. We are waiting for our green card too and it has been a long 13 years and hoping to be green soon. Even though I am getting very nervous as each day passes, trying not to create an infopass or SR and take time away from USCIS staff who might be trying to adjudicate cases who are current. Good luck to you and all who are current.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute dxldad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimpi View Post
Dear dxldad/ and others,
does opening an SR mean that one has to wait for 45 days before one can create an infopass?

Another experience/update on my case today (PD, Oct 06):
I called the 1800 number and successfully opened an SR. The rep also gave me the RS number. Then, I told her if I could talk to a second level officer. A lady takes the call. She looks into my info on her side and said that "my case is assigned to an officer." Then she gave me a very confusing answer saying that "My case was preadjudicated earlier, but given that dates were not current then, it has to be preadjudicated again." Then again I asked her is my case then pre-adjudicated. She said, "yes it has been pre-adjudicated."

Any thoughts what this means?
I did not talk to the second level person, I did not know that. So, I still do not know the status.

Old 06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/03/2007
Compare
prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice prince_charming is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhay View Post
Because he didn't go out of the country and not finger printed while entering back, his FP may be considered old, That's what I meant. I said "may be" I am not sure of course.
Could be that... who knows... although i fingerprinted twice before and last time when i checked status was that i am pre-adjudicated and they are waiting for VISA number...

Old 06-08-2011, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rparuchuri View Post
I am not sure why you want to open infopass when you found out that your case has been pre-adjudicated. We already know that all cases preadjudicated will be assigned visa numbers (unfortunately not in any particular order)when their come current. You just have to be little more patient. We are waiting for our green card too and it has been a long 13 years and hoping to be green soon. Even though I am getting very nervous as each day passes, trying not to create an infopass or SR and take time away from USCIS staff who might be trying to adjudicate cases who are current. Good luck to you and all who are current.
The people who are responding to your INFOPASS appointments and CSR are different from those who are approving your case .....i dont want to assume any thing when it comes to dealing with USICS...its just a question of your confidence and need when you want your GC

Old 06-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts royus77 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxldad View Post
Thanks for the quick reply. This is what I got when I tried to open an infopass:

Case Services follow-up appointment - If it has been over 45 days since you contacted NCSC and have not received a response to your inquiry. You must bring the Service Request ID Number related to your inquiry to the appointment.

Since it has not been 45 days since my SR, can I open it? Did you open the infopass online? Thanks again.
I think there are no checks ....In my case i booked the Infopass first and called later ...If you are unsure , you can take infopass on your derivative petitions , and you can ask your case . Today i got info on my spouse and son cases also even though i had appointment for only mine

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/16/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of cool4maverick has much to be proud of
Default Be Patient

My lawyer said "do not worry and be patient, it will happen"

Old 06-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
I think there are no checks ....In my case i booked the Infopass first and called later ...If you are unsure , you can take infopass on your derivative petitions , and you can ask your case . Today i got info on my spouse and son cases also even though i had appointment for only mine
Thanks, I think I am gonna give it a couple of weeks and see if I get any response. Also keeping an eye on next month's bulletin if the dates would retrogress, ...

Old 06-08-2011, 08:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts saddy is infamous around these parts
Default Just got this mail...

On June 7, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about skynet2500 has a spectacular aura about
Default Got Approval Message

Got Approval message about 6:30PM CST for me and my wife. I did couple of things that probably helped.

- Opened SR
- Wrote letter to Senator.

Waited for almost 9 years and kind of tired and gave up on this. Not sure if this would help in anyway for us but surely something I looked forward for several years. I would like to thank IV for the great support. IV certainly helped in many ways along the way.

Can someone who got the card already let me know how long it took to get the card.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute jackisback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Service Center?

Hi skynet2500 and saddy

Which service centers were your cases at?

@skynet2500:
When did you open the SR?

Mine is July 06.at TSC .still waiting..

Old 06-08-2011, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
blackstone is on a distinguished road

July 6th @ TSC too, still waiting.

Old 06-08-2011, 08:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Greened Finally ..Just got the Card Production Ordered emails and text .....PD 12 July 2006 @TSC ,,SR requested on Monday and Infopass today morning

Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Greened Finally ..Just got the Card Production Ordered emails and text .....PD 12 July 2006 @TSC ,,SR requested on Monday and Infopass today morning
Congrats! Maybe I should also look at infopass ...

Old 06-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shankar_cdm will become famous soon enough shankar_cdm will become famous soon enough
Default Fninaly greened after 12 years

Dear friends,

Received a mobile alert for both myself & my wife exactly at 8:00pm, "Your case SRC########## is now updated.Check "My case status at www.uscis.gov"

Checked the status for both of us..

Card/ Document Production
On June 8, 2011, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.

If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Cus

I'm not sure how much we are going to benefit from this status. Atleast I have a strong feeling that I achieved something, being part of immigration voice before it born from yahoo group. Participated huge rally at Washington DC, Met many congress man, donations etc..

Received case status email at 8:30pm.

We really pray god for rest of our indian families for getting approval sooner..

Many thanks & continue to be proud of IV family..

Last edited by shankar_cdm; 06-08-2011 at 09:35 PM.