Immigration Voice - Forums - Legacy
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > I-485, EAD/AP application, renewal and related > Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.
Click to log in with Facebook
Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing. Self-filing, documents, forms, directions, mailing.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
uslegals will become famous soon enough uslegals will become famous soon enough
Default EAD receipt not found on USCIS website

Hello - I just recd. my receipt notice (I-797) for my EAD. Unfortunately when i put in the case # to to check the current status the system tells me that the case cannot be found.
Has anybody experienced a similar problem. Has a infopass helped.? I also noticed the A# is not listed on the I-797. This is my third EAD application.

Any clarification or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/02/2007
Compare
cgs is a jewel in the rough cgs is a jewel in the rough cgs is a jewel in the rough
Default Yes..

Just call them and it will come immediately.

Old 07-20-2010, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default I am in same boat

I am in the same boat.

I have got receipt notice on 19-07-2010. And my receipt number starts with WAC. Alien number is displayed correctly on my receipt notice.

How about you? I did not call them yet. I would like to wait for few more days

Last edited by immiusa; 07-20-2010 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Addtional information

Old 07-20-2010, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of
Default Receipt received Case status not found

I called the service center and spoke to second level of service. Asked to wait for 2 weeks after receipt date.

Applied at Dallas lock box, routed to Nebraska, receipt received, alien number and DOB correct, but cannot check online, over the phone and even the customer service center people cannot find out.

What an efficient agency? Disgusting and deplorable. Did anyone see how the USCIS director answered questions from senate panel? My kid can give better answers. Incompetent and irresponsible people.

EAD sent to Dallas lock box. June last week
Routed to NSC
Receipt received: 10 of July

Cannot check status yet.

Old 07-20-2010, 08:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2007
Compare
gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future gc_buddy has a brilliant future

USCIS site has some technical issues. Same thing happened with AP. I e-filed and was not able to check the receipt # even after 30 days..Called up NSC and they said the application is fine and have a technical issue.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
Whitemonkey is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by uslegals View Post
Hello - I just recd. my receipt notice (I-797) for my EAD. Unfortunately when i put in the case # to to check the current status the system tells me that the case cannot be found.
Has anybody experienced a similar problem. Has a infopass helped.? I also noticed the A# is not listed on the I-797. This is my third EAD application.

Any clarification or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!
Received my receipt notice (I-797) for my EAD today, July 21, 2010. This is my 3rd EAD as well, or second renewal. It was sent to Dallas, TX and routed to Nebraska.

It has my A# and receipt number started with LIN, same as my I-485. I tried checking it on USCIS website and i was able to see the letter.

In this letter, it said: to call them if their is any changes.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of BPforGC has much to be proud of

Can you please advice us how to call NSC directly?

Thanks.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:58 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
National Customer Service Center (NCSC): 1-800-375-5283
USCIS Service Centers

If you contacted the National Customer Service Center with a case-related inquiry and more than 30 days have passed and you have not received a response, you may email the appropriate USCIS Service Center with your inquiry:

* California Service Center: csc-ncsc-followup@dhs.gov
* Vermont Service Center: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov
* Nebraska Service Center: ncscfollowup.nsc@dhs.gov
* Texas Service Center: tsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

If you do not receive a response within 21 days of contacting the Service Center, you may contact the USCIS Headquarters Office of Service Center Operations by email at SCOPSSCATA@dhs.gov.

Old 07-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
uslegals will become famous soon enough uslegals will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the replies. I called USCIS earlier today - the agent could not find my case either. Transferred to IO who verified that the case does exist. She said that sometimes USCIS does not go public with the cases due to the sheer-volume of cases.

My A# is not on the I-797. She asked me to check my I-765 that was filed to see if the A# was listed. It took me almost 3-4 minutes to locate my 765 on my computer (all this while the IO was patiently waiting !) and it was listed. She made a note of the A# on her system and basically said it all looks good.!

Lets hope the EAD comes thru "approved" in a timely fashion.!

Have a great day everybody!